ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What is the saddest Christmas song you ever heard?

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
To me, it's "I'll Be Home For Christmas (if only in my dreams)". I just feel so sorry for anyone who can't be home for Christmas with their family and friends. I am very fortunate that I have always been with my loved ones during Christmas and I will be 74 next month. To those that can't be home for Christmas my heart goes out to you.

Reactions: Carolina4
To me, it's "I'll Be Home For Christmas (if only in my dreams)". I just feel so sorry for anyone who can't be home for Christmas with their family and friends. I am very fortunate that I have always been with my loved ones during Christmas and I will be 74 next month. To those that can't be home for Christmas my heart goes out to you.

Agree with you, Freddie. I remember my mom talking about this song playing during the time my dad, uncles, their cousins, & friends were all away during WW II. The song is sad enough as it is, but this "add-on" memory make it a "no doubter" for me!!

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Grandma Got Ran Over By a Reindeer. Poor Grandma. Even if Grandpa was fine drinking beer and watching football at first...I’m sure this was more difficult for him once the season ended.

Agree with you, Freddie. I remember my mom talking about this song playing during the time my dad, uncles, their cousins, & friends were all away during WW II. The song is sad enough as it is, but this "add-on" memory make it a "no doubter" for me!!

Agree, that had to be a hard time for the soldiers as well as their family and love ones at home, knowing they may never have another Christmas together.

Never heard that one but it sounds very sad!
I hadn't actually heard it in years so I went and took a listen and it's really not a serious tear jerker but it is a little sad. I didn't even remember who sang it. It was John Denver. Here,check it out:

1) Merry Christmas , Darling” ... most people love it because Karen Carpenter (and her smooth as silk voice) made it a classic, but it’s about someone who is apart from and missing someone they love over the Christmas holidays.

2) Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer ... Bad Santa only cares about delivering presents :mad:

1) Merry Christmas , Darling” ... most people love it because Karen Carpenter (and her smooth as silk voice) made it a classic, but it’s about someone who is apart from and missing someone they love over the Christmas holidays.

2) Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer ... Bad Santa only cares about delivering presents :mad:

I remember the one Karen Carpenter sang, but haven't heard it in years, will have to listen to it again on youtube. That kind of goes along with I'll Be Home For Christmas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT