ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What is your favorite line(s) from the movie A Christmas Story"?

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
Mine is:

Ohhhh fuuudge!

Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!

Reactions: Triton20x
“Only one thing in the world could've dragged me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window.”

Reactions: cockstothatop09
ce1a80f9-5ed6-487c-b14b-d9438e4169a9_text_hi.gif

Last edited:
A Christmas Story is the absolute most overrated Christmas movie of all time. It is not funny. That's why there's no responses ITT.

A Christmas Story is the absolute most overrated Christmas movie of all time. It is not funny. That's why there's no responses ITT.
Jean Shepherd was a marvelous writer of humorous short stories, many inspired by his own boyhood experiences..AChristmas Story is an example, and he narrates the film. His short story, "Wanda Hickey's Night of Golden Memories' which I think was first published in Playboy was a masterpiece about high school proms.

A good, clean movie based on 50's time line is funny. Get over you Grinchness. Ralphie in his bunny suit, gotta be a snicker there somewhere.

Reactions: johnnohj
A good, clean movie based on 50's time line is funny. Get over you Grinchness. Ralphie in his bunny suit, gotta be a snicker there somewhere.
A snicker, maybe. Watched it again recently and didn't laugh once. I like laughing. I probably laugh more than Skeletor and Cobra Commander combined.

Think that taste in humor has a lot to do with cultural and educational background. I for instance never found Jerry Lewis humorous, but the French loved him...I always figured it was because they could not understand his language.

A snicker, maybe. Watched it again recently and didn't laugh once. I like laughing. I probably laugh more than Skeletor and Cobra Commander combined.
You need to "shoot your eye out kid!" Clean humor and if you don't appreciate it then stay off the thread. OP asked for favorite lines not some grumpy person that probably thinks the Saw series was the best ever!

You need to "shoot your eye out kid!" Clean humor and if you don't appreciate it then stay off the thread. OP asked for favorite lines not some grumpy person that probably thinks the Saw series was the best ever!
I guess because I'm getting older (48). I think old timey stuff is funny. The box of oxydol up on the shelf to me was funny.

Reactions: johnnohj

Why do some people always feel like it’s their purpose/right to s*** all over peoples thoughts, feelings, ideas, and enjoyment. If someone’s fun is not harming you, your loved ones, etc. then just keep your friggin mouth shut and opinion to yourself.

Mr. Parker: [about Ralphie's bunny costume] He looks like a deranged Easter Bunny.

This is the best Christmas movie, despite Scrooge above posting obviously wanting his movie to be the best.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
He’s right. It’s not that funny. But i wouldn’t necessarily call it a comedy either. Just more of a feel good nostalgic story

Reactions: Cock_Donor
He’s right. It’s not that funny. But i wouldn’t necessarily call it a comedy either. Just more of a feel good nostalgic story
I think it funny, but of course not laugh out loud funny. Plus totally agree about the feel good nostalgic. That's the best thing about it.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Last edited:

At what age did you first see the movie? I think I was around 11 or so when I first watched it and I absolutely loved it. Most of the neighborhood kids, and I, quoted that movie for the next 4 or 5 Christmas seasons. Hell, I'm 42 and still quote the movie from time to time.

It's not necessarily a line, but I love when the Father is so happy that he sticks his leg out the door so the Bumpass' dogs get a freebie.

My favorite line is when Ralphie tells the little Star Wars boy, "stop bothering me, I'm thinking" while waiting to see Santa.

Mine is:

Ohhhh fuuudge!

Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!
"Now, I had heard that word at least 10 times a day from my old man. My father worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT