ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What is your favorite quote from the movie - A Christmas Story?

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
There were many for me but I guess my very favorite was:

Ralphie: Ohhhh fuuudge!

Ralphie as an Adult: [narrating] Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!

The Old Man: [stunned] What did you say?

Ralphie: Uh, um...

The Old Man: That's... what I thought you said. Get in the car... Go on.

Ralphie as an Adult: [narrating] It was all over - I was dead. What would it be? The guillotine? Hanging? The chair? The rack? The Chinese water torture? Hmmph. Mere child's play compared to what surely awaited me.

04df4c1e1a86694059938c326a1a44c22c36c6.jpg

Too many but I love hearing the Chinese waiters sing “Deck the horrs with boughs of hawry, Fa ra ra ra ra rara ra ra.”

And “Jingle berrs, Jingle berrs, jingle all de way!”

Wont watch until Christmas Day.

Oh come on! You guys can come up with more lines than has been posted above.

Last edited:
The movie is good but I don’t think it can now live up to the hype it gets for someone who has never seen it. For me much of it is nostalgia as I remember watching it as a kid. Back then I always remembered certain scenes, especially the Santa slide.

I talked it up so much that my wife just doesn’t get it. She thinks it’s dumb. I think that’s because I made it out to be such a big deal she was expecting something to blow her away.

Even Christmas Vacation is like that. It’s funny and awesome, but if someone watched it for the first time today they’d laugh, but probably come away disappointed based on the cult following.

The movie is good but I don’t think it can now live up to the hype it gets for someone who has never seen it. For me much of it is nostalgia as I remember watching it as a kid. Back then I always remembered certain scenes, especially the Santa slide.

I talked it up so much that my wife just doesn’t get it. She thinks it’s dumb. I think that’s because I made it out to be such a big deal she was expecting something to blow her away.

Even Christmas Vacation is like that. It’s funny and awesome, but if someone watched it for the first time today they’d laugh, but probably come away disappointed based on the cult following.
A lot of younger people dont get it. But to be honest if it's not south park fart humor, they dont get anything. It's not laugh outloud my side hurts funny. To me the little things are funny the box of oxydol on the Shelf is funny.

A lot of younger people dont get it. But to be honest if it's not south park fart humor, they dont get anything. It's not laugh outloud my side hurts funny. To me the little things are funny the box of oxydol on the Shelf is funny.

Plus, I think it helps if one can identify with that time period to some degree. The time period for the movie was suppose to be 1940. That's even before my time but I can identify with the movie for the most part.

Reactions: Carolina4

You definitely have to see it as a kid to get it. I love the movie but my wife doesn't get it because she never saw it as a kid.

Agree. Although I do still like the fart humor.

Another one of my favorite lines is:
In the heat of battle my father wove a tapestry of obscenity that, as far as we know, is still hanging in space over Lake Michigan.

Reactions: DrMickey
"Not a finger!"

"Now, I had heard that word (F bomb) at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT