ADVERTISEMENT

OT What nit picking do you have?

I have a few.

USC and not UofSC

UND is University of North Dakota while
ND is Notre Dame

Notice I used OT so you were warned!
UNC = University of Northern Colorado.
UnCarolina = University of North Carolina.

Use of the term "email" without a modifier, e.g., email message, email client (program), email address, etc.

If someone asks me what my email is, i reply "Thunderbird."

It was national waffle day, right? But I get your point and agree.
I think you're mixing up your major holidays. Pancake day is in February which was during baseball season. Waffle day is in August when college baseball is over.

It happens. I mix up the months for MLK day and President's day all the time.

What about when the sign on the interstate says “lane closed 1000 ft ahead”? You and others go ahead and work to merge and do so. But there’s always a few that have no interest to merging. They drive right up to where the lane ends and expect someone to let em in.

In those cases I will not let them in if I can help it. Just one thing on the road that upsets me.
Like the nuts coming from Safe and Lexington bowling back towards the courthouse speeding to just to be able to pass 1 car.like they going to to their destination faster.

Uptalkers who put a question mark after a written statement. Or uptalkers in general.
One of my coworkers does this.

Last edited:
It’s a competitive world and managers need metrics.
I understand, but me purchasing their product or using their service should be metric enough! They should be running that metric on the people that don’t use them!

I could care less when they mean they could not care less.
I can't prove this, but I believe I could care less is actually the correct phrase. It's the tone that matters. Its supposed to be sarcasm.

Most people screw it up in conversation and you can't catch the tone at all on the internet.

Last edited:
Reactions: BattleshipTexas
University of Kansas - KU (Kansas University?)
University of Oklahoma - OU
University of Colorado - CU
University of Indiana - IU

So stupid.

I understand, but me purchasing their product or using their service should be metric enough! They should be running that metric on the people that don’t use them!
Sometimes it’s about their staff or facilities. I agree, I also get a lot of surveys but I often don’t answer them.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Pretty much anything my mother-in-law & sister-in-law does. Especially when they talk so loud in public because they want everyone to hear their conversation.
That’s a great excuse for not having to go anywhere with them!

Pretty much anything my mother-in-law & sister-in-law does. Especially when they talk so loud in public because they want everyone to hear their conversation.
Oy vey! My ex monster in law used to come over to visit and didn't know you're supposed to leave so people can get some sleep because some folks have jobs. She would always spend 30 minutes after she said she was leaving searching for her damn keys. I started watching her when she came in and I would spot where she sat the keys. Then when she couldn't find them, I'd hand them to her.

When I talk to someone, and they keep saying "basically".

Basically they were in a 4-3-4 defense. Our quarterback was basically throwing underneath it. The running game was basically working, because the linebackers were basically in pass coverage.

Starting each sentence with "I mean"! Grrrr!

Sucking in my 68 yro gut, throwing my shoulders back, showing my new implants (teeth you dirty minded persons), when strutin by a pret-ta young thing & she risk her life by running thru traffic to get across the street????
Now THAT'S the hite of nic pick'n.... For her.

I can't prove this, but I believe I could care less is actually the correct phrase. It's the tone that matters. Its supposed to be sarcasm.

Most people screw it up in conversation and you can't catch the tone at all on the internet.
I could care less means that you do care to some extent, i.e., less caring is possible.

I could not care less means you've reached the bottom.

I could care less means that you do care to some extent, i.e., less caring is possible.

I could not care less means you've reached the bottom.
Yes, I understand that. That's why I said it was used as sarcasm and tone matters.

I you're just looking at the words and ignoring tone, you're right.

I hate the new little packs they put Goodys powder in. I like this old sleeve thingy. Trying to get all the powder out of the small packet for my headache is giving me a headache

Reactions: FORKCOCK
You are reading my mind. Big fan of Goody's here but the new packaing sucks.
Don’t use Goody’s then? Other aspirin products are available. Is using it a cool thing or something that your dad did?

Don’t use Goody’s then? Other aspirin products are available. Is using it a cool thing or something that your dad did?
I use it because it works quickly. My dad never used it and I really never wondered whether or not it was a cool thing to do. Do you take over the counter drugs to impress the ladies?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT