ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What size TV you got?

65" in the living room, 55" in the bedroom, and 40" on the porch. I buy the cheapest ones available that are smart tv/4k. The 65" cost me $400 at Walmart a year or two ago. Never understand the people that still plow big money into a television, they have to have the latest and greatest. Same thing with cellphones. My Iphone 6 still works like a charm.

Same arrangement. 65, 55, 40.

My parents bought a 19" Sony Trinitron and a Zenith Betamax VCR years ago. I didn't think it could get any better.

For years, all we could do is a rent a VCR from Blockbuster when we wanted to watch a tape. You'd get that thing on a Friday night and rent every movie you could think that you'd want to watch before you had to return it on Sunday.

Reactions: Dizzy01 and SC 95
As a general rule always buy a size larger than you think you need.
We bought a 42” recently for our bedroom and after a week I thought we should have gotten something bigger. I then felt bad since growing up a 27” console was the biggest we had and I thought that was giant.

For years, all we could do is a rent a VCR from Blockbuster when we wanted to watch a tape. You'd get that thing on a Friday night and rent every movie you could think that you'd want to watch before you had to return it on Sunday.
I remember doing this from the Piggly Wiggly when VCRs and movie rentals were a thing. My dad had bought a Betamax VCR and refused to buy a VHS until he couldn’t get any more blank tapes.

• Haha
Reactions: GarnetBeamer
I still live in an apartment, so 55" is plenty big for me, given it's not that far away from the couch. Also my TV stand is almost exactly as wide as the TV, so I'd rather not replace the stand ;)

70in in living room and 55in bedroom. I don’t replace a TV unless one breaks and I wait for a Samsung or LG to go on sale at BEST BUY. My 70in LG was $799 about 2 years ago. I can’t remember how much I paid for my 55in. I think it was one of the first LEDS WITH 1080P or whatever.

Last edited:
My only TV is a 12" B&W in the living room. I have had it since college. Still has the original rabbit ear antenna.👍👍

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT