ADVERTISEMENT

OT: When I was say 7 years old....

permacock70

Aug 31, 2000
some 65 yrs. ago going to the movies was super exciting. I remenber there was always a weekly chapter of some "cliffhanger" movie which only 4-6 minutes long.

I couldn't wait to come back next week to see how the good guys would excape from certain disaster. I remember one series about a black hooded train wrecker.

Anyone have an idea if any of these old time series are still around for viewing? It would be great fun!

Reactions: kidrobinski
Seems like you might have a chance of finding something if you knew some of the actors names or the name of the series.

some 65 yrs. ago going to the movies was super exciting. I remenber there was always a weekly chapter of some "cliffhanger" movie which only 4-6 minutes long.

I couldn't wait to come back next week to see how the good guys would excape from certain disaster. I remember one series about a black hooded train wrecker.

Anyone have an idea if any of these old time series are still around for viewing? It would be great fun!
Since you were around then, I would love to get some videos of the South Carolina 1969, 1970 and 1971 basketball teams. Any Idea how ?

Since you were around then, I would love to get some videos of the South Carolina 1969, 1970 and 1971 basketball teams. Any Idea how ?
I’m sure someone has them. There was a person on here years ago that had EVERYTHING on DVD. I bought about 30 or so of them dating back to the 69 football season and spliced them together with current stuff each year to make a highlight reel for our tailgate. Probably easier to find now. Just start a thread asking.

I’m sure someone has them. There was a person on here years ago that had EVERYTHING on DVD. I bought about 30 or so of them dating back to the 69 football season and spliced them together with current stuff each year to make a highlight reel for our tailgate. Probably easier to find now. Just start a thread asking.
Could you upload that to youtube?
Edit: I just searched youtube, found some stuff.

Could you upload that to youtube?
Edit: I just searched youtube, found some stuff.
You found basketball games from 69-71? I spoke to WIS (been a long time ago now) and they told me the tapes had been recorded over for cost cutting; that was in the early 90s I think, can’t really remember.

On Saturday morning's, TCM shows a couple of cliffhanger episodes strung together in about a half hour show. I know I've seen some old Batman serials and some sort of science fiction about a space ship to Mars. Very cheesy, but fun to watch for a little while.
I think Amazon Prime might have some old time cliffhangers too.

Reactions: kidrobinski

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1955_in_television This is 1955 shows just scroll down you might see the one you are trying to remember.

Reactions: redrogers
On Saturday morning's, TCM shows a couple of cliffhanger episodes strung together in about a half hour show. I know I've seen some old Batman serials and some sort of science fiction about a space ship to Mars. Very cheesy, but fun to watch for a little while.
I think Amazon Prime might have some old time cliffhangers too.
I saw the old Batman serials when I was a kid. There were two 6th graders down the street from me who got their mothers to make Batman and Robin suits (hey, they looked as good as the suit in the serials) and they would roam the neighborhood at night shining a big flashlight with the bat symbol painted on the lens into peoples homes. A homeowner gave chase one night and Robin fell from a tree in an attempt to disappear into the night, breaking an arm. That was it for the neighborhood dynamic duo.

There was a good serial called “The Monster And The Ape” also.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT