ADVERTISEMENT

OT. Where are the speed traps in SC?

vacock#

Oct 26, 1998
Just thinking of those driving during the holidays. As for me I’ll be in Jamaica, Beaches Ocho Rios. Anyone been there?

The last rest stop on I-26 going towards Charleston. ALWAYS state troopers sitting in that rest stop.

SANTEE on 95!!!! That's how they make their money for their dumpy little town, that and strip clubs and golf.

My wife got stopped in McBee. She did't have to try to talk herself out of it. The officer was a former student of hers!!!

Reactions: king ward
Just thinking of those driving during the holidays. As for me I’ll be in Jamaica, Beaches Ocho Rios. Anyone been there?
We were at Sandals Montego Bay in August. Since you are in Ocho Rios I would highly recommend venturing out to the Dunn's River Falls and the Dolphin Cove.

You can hike up actual waterfall or you can just go see it and walk around the shops. Dolphin Cove was like most swim with dolphin places, however, my wife is obsessed with sharks so we swam with the nurse sharks that they have (the ones with no teeth lol).

Overall I enjoyed Jamaica, everyone was extremely kind and welcoming. If you have the option to eat jerk with any of your meals, do it. I am still craving the BBQ jerk chicken quesadilla that I had 5 of our 6 lunches!

Whagawn Mohn, or Whagawn Sistren? My daily, morning greeting to many of my neighbors.

And don't ask for Barcardi under any circumstances, whatsoever. The locals only drink Appleton.

Ocho Rios - beautiful! I believe it was the Doms Rivers Falls (sp?) I navigated (with a guide) prior to consuming 2-3 Rum 'somethings'. Advice: go up those falls . . . sober!

Note: brace yourself for the little marketeers who will pester the crap out of you to buy something. It was worse than the Bahamas.

Try the Blue Mountain coffee - best in the world.

Lake city........ I’ll never under ANY circumstances go near that town again. $670 fine 47 in a 35 that’s not posted anywhere. Labor Day at 1am heading to the beach. 2013.

Lake city........ I’ll never under ANY circumstances go near that town again. $670 fine 47 in a 35 that’s not posted anywhere. Labor Day at 1am heading to the beach. 2013.

Must of been the 1AM, I have driven through Lake City 100's of times without issue, I don't think they qualify as a speedtrap

Not sure how it was a $647 ticket going 12 over, i go 45 to 50 through Lake City all the time

Now dont get me started on Turbeville and Society Hill, total speed trap towns

d4T6U.jpg

Must of been the 1AM, I have driven through Lake City 100's of times without issue, I don't think they qualify as a speedtrap

Not sure how it was a $647 ticket going 12 over, i go 45 to 50 through Lake City all the time

d4T6U.jpg
Duncan used to be one of the worst....not sure how they are know.

Been going on a long time hasn't it! Go through there going to Edisto and I usually get out of the car and push it through there.

d4T6U.jpg
Agree. I live in Lake City and from time to time they'll go through a phase of catching speeders, (I think it's just a revenue source for them). But overall it's not a speed trap. Also trying to figure out why anyone would actually go through Lake City on the way to the beach unless they had to come in to town for gas or food. There's a bypass around the whole city.

Reactions: Gradstudent
Kiowa, Oklahoma hands down. Worst place in America for speeding even 1 mph over. Main St was a dirt rd.

That I-95 trap around Ridgeland is so bad it made national news in the past. It is crazy how many cars I’ve seen pulled over around there on our drives to Florida.

d4T6U.jpg
I assume that’s how much the cop needed to meet his quota but it was zero points. He was happy to tell me that along with it must be nice to have the weekend off as he had to work all weekend. What a pos......

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
ADVERTISEMENT