ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Where is the best place to get a steak in Asheville?

Try to get into The Admiral. Very unique, very good in West Asheville. Not a steak house, but they have steaks and it is a one of a kind experience. When we go to Asheville, The Admiral, Curate, Limones, and Glass Onion(Weaverville) are always on our list.

Last edited:
Grove Park Inn on Saturday nite....

TN-Gamecock, my wife and I attended my 50th year graduation ceremony a couple of weeks ago. We attended a banquet across from ETSU at the Millennial Center ( I think was the name). Is that restaurant considered a 5* star restaurant?

Freddie the Carnegie Hotel & Spa is across the street...it is considered in some circles a 5 star hotel...Did Wellington's inside the Carnegie Hotel) cater the dinner? I go to Wellington's more for dessert and coffee. It's one of the few places I can get Banana's Foster. I'm not a big fan, due to it's price and food being mediocre at best. Restaurant does not do justice to the hotel or spa...I still like the Grove Park but more and more folks are going to Medowview Conference Center in KIngsport for the buffet. It's about the same price but they say Medowview has more selections. I have not been to Medowview to eat but it's now on the list.

Freddie the Carnegie Hotel & Spa is across the street...it is considered in some circles a 5 star hotel...Did Wellington's inside the Carnegie Hotel) cater the dinner? I go to Wellington's more for dessert and coffee. It's one of the few places I can get Banana's Foster. I'm not a big fan, due to it's price and food being mediocre at best. Restaurant does not do justice to the hotel or spa...I still like the Grove Park but more and more folks are going to Medowview Conference Center in KIngsport for the buffet. It's about the same price but they say Medowview has more selections. I have not been to Medowview to eat but it's now on the list.

I don't know if Wellington's catered the meal or not. It was a good meal, but the Filet-Mignon was so so to me anyway but my wife enjoyed it very much.

Best steak in Asheville is at The Red Stag in the Bohemian Hotel in Biltmore Village.
Across the street is a Ruth Chris', they're also pretty consistent. Both have good wine lists.
I love that place; haven't tried their steak though. Usually too busy with a cocktail.

I've eaten at the Ruth's Chris in Biltmore Village...It's ok overpriced IMO...I think we got a waitperson for each item, one that brought out the entree's, the dessert, drinks, etc.

I'd be interested in trying the Red Stag...plus Ruth's Chris is a chain...try something unique to Asheville....My fav is Stony Knob in North Asheville....

https://www.stoneyknobcafe.com/

Asheville has more of an Austin vibe than San Francisco....IMO...I have family there in South Asheville and Hendersonville so outside of downtown Asheville its not all that liberal....I've heard other folks say this about San Francisco and I've been to all the major cities on the west coast and Asheville does not remind me at all with any of them....Maybe a small Portland vide but not the bay area at all....

It reminds me more of Austin, Liberal mixed with Conservative with a great music scene....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT