ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Which fanbase is more upset with a loss Saturday?

UGA could still eke into the playoffs with a loss. It'll be an uphill battle if they lose, but it can be done.

Most pundits are in agreement, though, that Saturday is Clemson's season. Lose and they're out of playoff contention. Also, based on what my Clemson friends have told me, this is their measuring stick game. They've been run off the field in their last 2 playoff games, so they view this game as the barometer for whether they are still elite or just very good. I think a loss would be most disheartening for them.
They've won 2 of the last 4 National Championships...I don't know of any Taters that are worried about losing this game and/or not making the playoffs.

UGA could still eke into the playoffs with a loss. It'll be an uphill battle if they lose, but it can be done.

Most pundits are in agreement, though, that Saturday is Clemson's season. Lose and they're out of playoff contention. Also, based on what my Clemson friends have told me, this is their measuring stick game. They've been run off the field in their last 2 playoff games, so they view this game as the barometer for whether they are still elite or just very good. I think a loss would be most disheartening for them.
I dont know where you are seeing the "pundits" saying Saturday is Clempson's season. They have made the playoffs with a loss more than once and the rest of their schedule after this week is embarrassing. Clempson loses and they drop to what in the polls? 6,7,8? It is the first game....plenty of time to easily get back in the top 4 by the end of their year while Herbie and crew foam at the mouth over their 30+ point wins over the rest of the ACC.

Dont kid yourself. It will take more than a loss to UGA to get the Tigers out of the playoff.

I think a loss is worse for Clemson. UGA can lose and still make the playoffs. Obviously, they would have to win out, including beating Bama in Atlanta (which at this point, I'll believe that will happen when I see it happen). Still, it's possible. Clemson loses and they no longer control their destiny. It's a given the SEC champ is getting in. Oklahoma and OSU could run the table. Even if they drop one and win the respective conferences, they are likely in. That's 3 of the 4 spots. If an undefeated Bama loses a close game to an undefeated UGA in Atlanta, I think that 1 loss Bama gets in over Clemson.

Unfortunately Oklahoma can't afford a loss if the Tater's only loss is to a top 5 SEC team. At the end of the season it always comes down to "Who has the best loss?" and that along with Oklahoma's past in the CFP, Clemson would probably get the nod. Especially coming off a likely top 10-15 win in the ACC Championship game.

Reactions: SLODAWG
I dont know where you are seeing the "pundits" saying Saturday is Clempson's season. They have made the playoffs with a loss more than once and the rest of their schedule after this week is embarrassing. Clempson loses and they drop to what in the polls? 6,7,8? It is the first game....plenty of time to easily get back in the top 4 by the end of their year while Herbie and crew foam at the mouth over their 30+ point wins over the rest of the ACC.

Dont kid yourself. It will take more than a loss to UGA to get the Tigers out of the playoff.

They haven't fallen out of the top 5 in like 6 years...I would LOVE to see a UGA victory if for nothing other than that!

In reality, neither should be but I guess Georgia. If Clemson loses it wins out due to the cream puff schedule and still gets in the playoff. Georgia is in the same predicament where they still could control their own destiny. But that destiny would include having to beat Alabama in the SEC championship game.

The flip-side of that is, even if they lose, they get the cruise through the cupcake schedule and be guaranteed a CFP spot. A loss to UGA really won't hurt them at all.

Now UGA: an opening week loss could be compounded by a loss or two throughout the much tougher SEC schedule.

UGA fans will have a more legitimate reason to be upset with a loss....
Except the rest of their schedule may keep them out with an undefeated OSU and OU. UGA can recover from a loss. Also, UNC is the favorite to play them in the ACC CG with a better DL with a tricky defense to prepare for and a deep RB room and rushing attack. If UNC is as good as they should be and Clemson's OL is still not living up to their talent level (they never do when you look at how they rate coming in) then that could be a second loss for them and that means they're in a NY6 bowl missing there first playoff since the first playoff. This is a worst case scenario for them but it's possible. If they lose to the two competent teams they play and they're both border teams, suddenly recruiting is harder and the perception starts changing. Clemson has more to lose in this game.

Georgia fans have to be getting edgy about Smart in big game situations. Every loss in marquee games turns up the scrutiny and the angst. I'd say a loss in this game will disturb Georgia Nation to a greater extent than UPC's fans will be upset if their team loses.
This^. In Georgia fans minds it’s time to step up. Kirby has been there long enough. And losing to neighboring Clemson is beneath most dog fans.
I hate them both. But I’m pulling for UGA because I found out a friend who was a huge fan died today. Hope his dogs can win one for him.

I am surrounded by UGA fans, so believe me, it will be UGA. Despite evidence to the contrary they believe they are NC contenders every single year.
And, when they lose it will because of the ref's, timekeeper, the weather, time of day, day of week, venue, anything but the team's shortcomings.
They are an insufferable lot.
They never accept they deserve to lose a gave, but make no mistake, with the talent they have they are contenders every year, but they falter on the execution.

OSU (prior to last year) and OU have been embarrassed repeatedly in the playoffs and still manage to automatically start in the conversation and hang around despite bad losses. unfortunately I doubt this hurts future tater playoff prospects for this exact reason, but should basically kill their season this year.
But those teams play much better schedules and earn their way in and aren't bordered by and recruiting against recruiting juggernaut Georgia and upstart University of Non-Compliance.

Unfortunately Oklahoma can't afford a loss if the Tater's only loss is to a top 5 SEC team. At the end of the season it always comes down to "Who has the best loss?" and that along with Oklahoma's past in the CFP, Clemson would probably get the nod. Especially coming off a likely top 10-15 win in the ACC Championship game.
There's also the question if who has the best win, doubt Clemson has a strong answer compared to OSU and Oklahoma by the end of the season if they get the L against UGA.

Except the rest of their schedule may keep them out with an undefeated OSU and OU. UGA can recover from a loss. Also, UNC is the favorite to play them in the ACC CG with a better DL with a tricky defense to prepare for and a deep RB room and rushing attack. If UNC is as good as they should be and Clemson's OL is still not living up to their talent level (they never do when you look at how they rate coming in) then that could be a second loss for them and that means they're in a NY6 bowl missing there first playoff since the first playoff. This is a worst case scenario for them but it's possible. If they lose to the two competent teams they play and they're both border teams, suddenly recruiting is harder and the perception starts changing. Clemson has more to lose in this game.

As great as that sounds...You are living in a fantasy land.

As great as that sounds...You are living in a fantasy land.
What sounds great about it? They're still most likely out recruiting us, I was saying that the reason people play for Clemson is to play for championships, if they lose twice in a season to two of the 4 closest schools to them which would also be contenders, do you seriously think it wouldn't be harder for them to recruit those states which they rely on and have gotten the to NC player a couple times in recent years. I didn't say they drop out of the top ten in recruiting and start having losing seasons. I feel like you likely put more on what I said then is justified. There's a difference between really good and elite, all I was saying is Clemson may just get on the other side of that thin line.

And just to be clear, I'm not hoping for this, I just think it happens, Clemson lost the best RB in ACC history, his backups weren't impressive, their DL never looks good against the really good teams, Sam Howell is supposed to be a Heisman contender and we all know UGA is good. If North Carolina and UGA beat Clemson they're both in the playoffs, UGA with a loss to Bama gets in and no one else is catching them if they top Clemson, and if UNC is good enough to top Clemson they likely walk their schedule, which is also way tougher than Clemson. After that, we're screwed because a fence is gonna go up around NC and neither Clemson or us are getting blue chips out of there.

Last edited:
Apologies for the lack of clarification. "We" refers to UGA fans. I speak for all of them. UGA loses games for the same reasons other teams do. UGA lost two games last year because, in large part, they were starting a former walk-on at QB against Bama and UF. Winning under those circumstances would be a high bar for any team. We've also been plagued by some questionable in-game coaching decisions.

Better take away Chump's headset or you will really see some sh!t! And I do think UGA's fanbase will take it harder because of this year's expectation and all the 5 star talent.

What gives you the impression that UNC has the better DL. Clemson is looked at to be one of the best in college football. We haven’t seen the teams so that’s about all we can go on.

Reactions: rogue cock
What gives you the impression that UNC has the better DL. Clemson is looked at to be one of the best in college football. We haven’t seen the teams so that’s about all we can go on.
I just feel like they never look as good against good OL and UNC has recruited just as well and I feel like they've performed as well. Thomas to me hasn't been good and he's starting for Clemson.

I just feel like they never look as good against good OL and UNC has recruited just as well and I feel like they've performed as well. Thomas to me hasn't been good and he's starting for Clemson.
I bet they have 3 first or second round guys on their DLine right now. Tomorrow will be a good test for both Georgia and Taters offensive lines.

Yeah, I'm not sure Miami really has a fanbase, at least not in traditional college way.
When they were good, people/celebrities wore their gear. That’s more than the actual Miami students could ever say. In 87’, their student section was 1/3 full….they were all smoking weed in the parking lot. I talked to a cop on horseback and he just said,” that’s the city.”

What sounds great about it? They're still most likely out recruiting us, I was saying that the reason people play for Clemson is to play for championships, if they lose twice in a season to two of the 4 closest schools to them which would also be contenders, do you seriously think it wouldn't be harder for them to recruit those states which they rely on and have gotten the to NC player a couple times in recent years. I didn't say they drop out of the top ten in recruiting and start having losing seasons. I feel like you likely put more on what I said then is justified. There's a difference between really good and elite, all I was saying is Clemson may just get on the other side of that thin line.

And just to be clear, I'm not hoping for this, I just think it happens, Clemson lost the best RB in ACC history, his backups weren't impressive, their DL never looks good against the really good teams, Sam Howell is supposed to be a Heisman contender and we all know UGA is good. If North Carolina and UGA beat Clemson they're both in the playoffs, UGA with a loss to Bama gets in and no one else is catching them if they top Clemson, and if UNC is good enough to top Clemson they likely walk their schedule, which is also way tougher than Clemson. After that, we're screwed because a fence is gonna go up around NC and neither Clemson or us are getting blue chips out of there.

Well I guess we can't lean on the UNC argument now. Lets just hope Smart doesn't coach as stupid as he usually does tonight against the Taters.

• Haha
Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
Well I guess we can't lean on the UNC argument now. Lets just hope Smart doesn't coach as stupid as he usually does tonight against the Taters.
Yeah, I was wrong, UNC got dominated in the trenches and I thought they were taking a step, but let's not forget they were rated 10, I wasn't alone in being wrong, and you never know about any team until they play.

Reactions: rogue cock
That theory of UNC having a great DL has been shot down....UNC's defense looked below average against the Hokies...A high powered offense is going to run all over them this year...

That theory of UNC having a great DL has been shot down....UNC's defense looked below average against the Hokies...A high powered offense is going to run all over them this year...
Dude, I already posted a thread about that and a reply in this thread

UGA is that friend that always strikes out going after a seven or hotter, when reality that friends is more or less on the level of a three. Even if they get a number, you know the big dance won't happen.

No you predicted UM would win. Another of your ignorant posts 😀
Well, as long as I'm not as ignorant as you, I know I haven't hit rock bottom. You are lower than mole sh%t. That was my honest prediction at the time. You're just full of sh$t and dumb as hell to boot.
If you had read my entire post you ignorant pos you would have read where I said I won't bet on the game but it was just a feeling. What a dumb and ignorant pos you are. If I were as dumb as you, I'd never post again to avoid other people seeing how dumb you really are.
Besides the post was just kind of fun. I mean it's okay to post something that is a long shot. Everyone, including the bookmakers thought Miami was going to be better than they played tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: TN-Gamecock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT