ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Who has the best burger down town Columbia?

I believe the OP specifically said "down town". Most of the places you guys are naming are not down town. I'd say that Grill Marks on Gervais is one of the best. Ale House and Wings and Ale have good burgers. I've heard Drake's has good burgers but I cannot attest to that as I've never had one. For fast food I'd say Maurice's on Elmwood has the best burgers. Liberty Tap room has very good burgers as well.

I moved away a while ago, but Mr Friendlys has fantastic burgers- also the fried chicken with tasso gravy lunch is one of my favorites. need a nap after though

Reactions: GamecockArmy
Henry's is on Devine. Nice hangout place with really good food.
On Devine huh? Have they recently moved (i.e. like 4 or 5 years ago) to the address of what used to be a different, yet upscale restaurant?? Just curious.

Bourbon on Main has the best burger...on wednesday its $10 burger, bullet and beer.

Seaboard Diner was where Blue Marlin is now and had the infamous "psychoburger" in the 80's.

Tockaways us classic... but Kingsman, right across the bridge in Wcola prolly gets my vote.

Reactions: Gaimcock
In literal downtown, Public House on Main which I believe was a McCrory’s wayyy back when. Not to be confused with the Publick House. Best burger I’ve personally ever had, and made me not care it was $11 (for lunch) once I ate it.

On Devine huh? Have they recently moved (i.e. like 4 or 5 years ago) to the address of what used to be a different, yet upscale restaurant?? Just curious.
Actually, there are two of them. One is on Devine St, and the other is on State Street in Cayce. Of course, neither of these is down town.

Is that the one that was downstairs at The Sheraton? It's now the Starbucks? Or am I thinking of another place?
When they were doing street work, supposedly part of the roof caved in. The city wouldn't pay for the repairs so they had to close.

I can't remember which hotel is on the block. But it's at the corner of main and 3-5 blocks down from the state house.

It was good guys, thanks! When I say down town, I pretty much was talking all restaurant areas!

Reactions: vehemon
When they were doing street work, supposedly part of the roof caved in. The city wouldn't pay for the repairs so they had to close.

I can't remember which hotel is on the block. But it's at the corner of main and 3-5 blocks down from the state house.
That might be the Sheraton that I'm thinking about. I remember a pub being down there some time back. Thanks!

Reactions: vehemon
I believe the OP specifically said "down town". Most of the places you guys are naming are not down town. I'd say that Grill Marks on Gervais is one of the best. Ale House and Wings and Ale have good burgers. I've heard Drake's has good burgers but I cannot attest to that as I've never had one. For fast food I'd say Maurice's on Elmwood has the best burgers. Liberty Tap room has very good burgers as well.

Zesto's cheeseburger basket is $4.99 after 5 on Wednesdays. Zesto's fries suck though!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT