ADVERTISEMENT

OT WLTX is reporting a Teen was shot at the State Fair...

And that's why you won't catch me within 100 miles of that place on a weekend.

If I go it's during the day, like tomorrow. I do like Lordy's and seeing the animals and stuff but damn if you'd find me there at night. One good thing about the fair being in town is Five Points becomes a whole lot safer due to all the gangs being at the fair.

There are probably 8 different angles of the shooting caught on cameras installed at the fair. That doesn't help the kid who got shot, unfortunately.

Really, man? Don't be politicizing things before the body is even cold; it's in poor taste. I hate it when people do that.

It stating a fact... Criminals target places where people dont carry weapons.. For that reason myself and my children will not attend the fair.. Have you been there lately? Full of rude little punks that will force me to end up at Alvin S. Glen when one of them knocks one my daughters down and i start to disassemble them..
P.s.... Before you use the line about the body being cold,,, the person was shot and taken to the hospital,, not the morgue..

It stating a true fact... For that reason myself and my children will not attend the fair.. Have you been there lately? Full of rude little punks that will force me to end up at Alvin S. Glen when one of them knocks one my daughters down and i start to disassemble them..
P.s.... Before you use the line about the body being cold,,, the person was shot and taken to the hospital,, not the morgue..
I'm not saying that it isn't true, or that the fair isn't full of scummy people. I just think it's kind of disrespectful to the victim to turn the incident into a political talking point the instant the news breaks, that's all. And I will concede that I misunderstood the news and thought he was dead, that is my mistake.

And it's not just you, so please don't take it as a personal attack. It's just the general atmosphere we live in. As soon as ANY shooting incident, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, hits the news, EVERYONE instantly gets into a shouting match about it.

I'm not saying that it isn't true, or that the fair isn't full of scummy people. I just think it's kind of disrespectful to the victim to turn the incident into a political talking point the instant the news breaks, that's all. And I will concede that I misunderstood the news and thought he was dead, that is my mistake.

And it's not just you, so please don't take it as a personal attack. It's just the general atmosphere we live in. As soon as ANY shooting incident, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, hits the news, EVERYONE instantly gets into a shouting match about it.

Its sad, and i pray for the victims in any violence.. I was merely pointing out that gun free zones do not work..

When was the last time you heard of a gun store being robbed?? Probably never,, as those folks all usually have a gun strapped on their body..

I hope the victum makes a full recovery!

Its sad, and i pray for the victims in any violence.. I was merely pointing out that gun free zones do not work..

When was the last time you heard of a gun store being robbed?? Probably never,, as those folks all usually have a gun strapped on their body..

I'm more on the conservative side of the gun argument, but I have to say, gun store robberies happen all the time. Also, someone packing at the State Fair riding violent rides. Not a good thing.

I know what you were getting at, and I quite agree with you. Again, it wasn't a jab at you in particular so much as it was a jab at the larger culture we live in. I feel like the instinct to turn everything into a political statement, and the tendency to take a political disagreement as a personal attack, is unhealthy and really harms our public discourse and social cohesion. On the other hand, this is by far the gentlest internet argument I've ever been in, so thank you for that!

I'm more on the conservative side of the gun argument, but I have to say, gun store robberies happen all the time. Also, someone packing at the State Fair riding violent rides. Not a good thing.

Ok,, let me reprhase.. In our state, you can wear a weapon in your place if business.... When and where in our palmetto state have we had a gun store robbed during the hours when said folks that might be possessing the firearms on their hips were there working?? Kinda like robbing the evidence room at the police department... Criminals usually avoid places where they think folks might have guns,, who also have the training and intent to use them..

Not suggesting to get on the gravitron with a glock,,, but i see no reason why a person should not be able to carry in the grounds.. Lots of sketchy places in and around the fairgrounds

Last edited:
I know what you were getting at, and I quite agree with you. Again, it wasn't a jab at you in particular so much as it was a jab at the larger culture we live in. I feel like the instinct to turn everything into a political statement is unhealthy and really harms our public discourse and social cohesion. On the other hand, this is by far the gentlest internet argument I've ever been in, so thank you for that!

I am not a political person,, just a dumb ole gun loving America.. I just hate that we cant let our youngans enjoy something i enjoyed so much as a kid,, for the fear of being harmed innocently by some moron that cant settle a disagreement by a good ole fist fight..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT