ADVERTISEMENT

Our basketball program may ...

wallycock

Oct 11, 2001
... not be where we want it to be, but at least we ain’t Pittsburg. Not only did they hire an underachieving Stallings, who was probably going to be fired by Vandy (which saved Vandy a bunch of money), but they are now going to be stuck with paying Stallings his full $9.4 million buyout ... NOT TO COACH! They have also granted 8 players a release from their scholarship agreements including their leading scorer.

Now they are either the dumbest people on the planet, or they have some zen master coach they have in pocket, and they are going all in with their chips. Perhaps Pitino has said he’ll coach for free, if they will give him one last shot at redemption. Maybe Phil Jackson has already convinced some BOT member he in fact does have the zen. Has Ray Tanner been hired as a consultant to the Pitt AD? You never know after hearing how Tanner tore App State a new one by getting them to sign off on a football 3-year home & home blockbuster deal.

I don’t know, but it seems like schools today are being run by idiots who think they are playing with Monopoly money.

Anyone who did a little research knew that Stallings wasn't a gem of a coach; they need to replace the AD that hired him before hiring another coach.

... not be where we want it to be, but at least we ain’t Pittsburg. Not only did they hire an underachieving Stallings, who was probably going to be fired by Vandy (which saved Vandy a bunch of money), but they are now going to be stuck with paying Stallings his full $9.4 million buyout ... NOT TO COACH! They have also granted 8 players a release from their scholarship agreements including their leading scorer.

Now they are either the dumbest people on the planet, or they have some zen master coach they have in pocket, and they are going all in with their chips. Perhaps Pitino has said he’ll coach for free, if they will give him one last shot at redemption. Maybe Phil Jackson has already convinced some BOT member he in fact does have the zen. Has Ray Tanner been hired as a consultant to the Pitt AD? You never know after hearing how Tanner tore App State a new one by getting them to sign off on a football 3-year home & home blockbuster deal.

I don’t know, but it seems like schools today are being run by idiots who think they are playing with Monopoly money.

Now, dammit, this I like: '. . . seems like schools today are being run by idiots who think they are playing with monopoly money'. :D

Wow, you really did some pin-balling around there. Somehow, you managed to tie Pittsburg and Kevin Stallings to Phil Jackson and Rick Pitino, while simultaneously venting your spleen over Coach Tanner and App State.

Congratulations, BTW, to Coach Stallings for his lottery winnings.

Reactions: MookieBlaylock9
Well Pitt has a chick as an AD. That’s what you get. My family is from Pittsburgh and it is sad what has happened to the football program as well as the basketball program.

Wow, you really did some pin-balling around there. Somehow, you managed to tie Pittsburg and Kevin Stallings to Phil Jackson and Rick Pitino, while simultaneously venting your spleen over Coach Tanner and App State.

Congratulations, BTW, to Coach Stallings for his lottery winnings.

Thanks.

Now, dammit, this I like: '. . . seems like schools today are being run by idiots who think they are playing with monopoly money'. :D

Thanks.

Here's Another one...

Auburn looked totally inept in their game vs Clemson. They couldn’t have looked worse if they had been playing water polo with guys that couldn’t swim!

So that’s why they stink in every sport. Ok.
Well, they used to be good at football....to the tune of several MNCs. Since Johnny Majors (version 1), they've had trouble either finding or holding onto good coaches. The latest was Paul Chryst, who took the Wisky job just as he seemed to be turning things around in the 'Burgh.

Finding other programs that may appear in worse shape than ours doesn't exactly seem reassuring.
You can always find someone else who is behind us, it would much more productive to find programs that we want to model ourselves after in terms of success both on and off the field

Finding other programs that may appear in worse shape than ours doesn't exactly seem reassuring.
You can always find someone else who is behind us, it would much more productive to find programs that we want to model ourselves after in terms of success both on and off the field
For my part, I was talking only about Pitt's lamentable football venue situation. I wasn't even thinking about our situation.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT