ADVERTISEMENT

Our FCS transfers coming; I LIKE this trend

Bucs90

Sep 22, 2019
I may hate the portal, but that’s another thread. Beamer has to find a way to win with it. We have quietly gotten a trend of FCS transfers who end up starting and playing well for us. Just landed 2 more, O linemen from Yale and Western Illinois.

These guys have a chip on their shoulders and will bring a WAY different attitude than, say, a former highly recruited Power 5 guy who didnt work out as he hoped at an SEC, Big10, etc program.

To try to see it in an optimistic light, maybe all these boosters throwing $$$$$ at NIL will burnout after seeing only 1 team gets a NC every year and they wasted a lot of $$. And maybe using FCS and G5 as a farm system and brining in guys who see South Carolina as TRULY a “step up” will build a great culture here that we win with. We’ve had FCS starters come in and do great things after taking them from Gardner-Webb, James Madison, East Tennessee State, St. Francis, and others. Probably way better than taking disgruntled backups from power programs

I may hate the portal, but that’s another thread. Beamer has to find a way to win with it. We have quietly gotten a trend of FCS transfers who end up starting and playing well for us. Just landed 2 more, O linemen from Yale and Western Illinois.

These guys have a chip on their shoulders and will bring a WAY different attitude than, say, a former highly recruited Power 5 guy who didnt work out as he hoped at an SEC, Big10, etc program.

To try to see it in an optimistic light, maybe all these boosters throwing $$$$$ at NIL will burnout after seeing only 1 team gets a NC every year and they wasted a lot of $$. And maybe using FCS and G5 as a farm system and brining in guys who see South Carolina as TRULY a “step up” will build a great culture here that we win with. We’ve had FCS starters come in and do great things after taking them from Gardner-Webb, James Madison, East Tennessee State, St. Francis, and others. Probably way better than taking disgruntled backups from power programs
Can’t disagree. Some of the FCS guys know how to play.

OP, I hope you are on to something, NIL money now compared to the near future. Except for a few ultra wealthy, there is a time when the wallet runs dry.

If our coaches can "coach em up" then we can do fairly well with this strategy. Just have to be patient if we have an off year. When the roster is a revolving door you are rolling the dice with unknown commodities. Just like recruiting out of high school some kids talents don't translate to major conference football regardless of how good the coaching is.

Theres good players in FCS, they all got Division 1 football scholarships haha, just werent the tip top elite in HS
Where did you play? Back in my day there was no 1AA. I had interest from D1 teams in football like North Carolina, Ga Tech and others, but a friend of mine who walked in at UNC in basketball and made the team took me out to lunch one day to tell me about D1 football.

He said that if I didn’t really love the game, then don’t play. He said it was a business and he saw a lot of the walking wounded from the sport at UNC. He was 3 years older than me and I really respect him, so in spite of having offers I back out of football. Part of that was the crazy HS coach that I had and thinking “worse than this?!?!”.

So I ran 400 hurdles (my main event) instead of playing football. Man, I really missed it that first fall when going to games!

Interesting take on both the Portal and NIL! I do expect the "new" to wear off and only a few VERY elite end up with the big bucks. The others might have to be content with jersey sales and/or small deals! As for the portal? I'd make sure that nothing "official" happened until AFTER ALL GAMES are played!! A player might be more encouraged to play in his team's bowl if that performance would be a REFERENCE point for recruiting teams!

I have a feeling the NIL will keep 6 teams in the playoffs/NC every year.

Texas, USC, Michigan, Georgia, Oregon, OSU. They already recruit well, and pouring money to high profile recruits will make them Elite. Let’s face it, unless a kid is born a Gamecock and is a high 4*/5*, it will be very difficult.

You left out Alabama.
I have a feeling the NIL will keep 6 teams in the playoffs/NC every year.

Texas, USC, Michigan, Georgia, Oregon, OSU. They already recruit well, and pouring money to high profile recruits will make them Elite. Let’s face it, unless a kid is born a Gamecock and is a high 4*/5*, it will be very difficult.
You left out Alabama.

They don’t see it as a step up. We are tampering to get them. Just like we tampered to get the newberry running back. I don’t have a problem with it but can’t chastise others without calling your own self out. The only reason they see it as a step up is because they are getting an NIL deal

Your funny. There isn’t proof just like with every other team. You can choose not to believe but I know the family and the whole story.
disingenuous-bullshit-bullshitometer.gif

They don’t see it as a step up. We are tampering to get them. Just like we tampered to get the newberry running back. I don’t have a problem with it but can’t chastise others without calling your own self out. The only reason they see it as a step up is because they are getting an NIL deal

You gotta stop this charade after you've already been busted as Clemson fan.

You gotta stop this charade after you've already been busted as Clemson fan.
Not a Clemson fan. Just don’t fool yourself that it’s happening everywhere else and not here. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing or that I disagree that it should or shouldn’t happen. Just know that a nil was offered well before he entered the portal.

Not a Clemson fan. Just don’t fool yourself that it’s happening everywhere else and not here. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing or that I disagree that it should or shouldn’t happen. Just know that a nil was offered well before he entered the portal.

You literally admitted to being a Clemson fan.

Reactions: DarkHorse2001
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT