ADVERTISEMENT

Our Freshman QB has more class than our coach

fowl_mood

Gold Member
Oct 28, 1998
Hilinski's thank you for support tweet to Gamecock nation started with "Through it all". In those three words the kid creates community with fans, is empathetic, acknowledges how hard it was. Muschamp gets on mic and fusses at bitSSing fans for criticizing him and then just drones on. I watched Ryan after he handed off on the last play Saturday. He stood there and looked toward the tackle pile. Players started getting up, shaking hands and walking around, and he got back in the moment after about 20 seconds of thought. After what he and his family have been through, and for the class they have shown, I sort of feel sorry for them getting in the middle of our ineptitude. Muschamp does not represent my University with his approach or his performance. Class acts like the Hilinski's do. I will spend @notadime on USC football until somebody somewhere holds Mr. Tanner and Mr. Muschamp accountable for this mess we are in as a program. Now, we are just rewarding them. It sickens me.

I just hope a new OC can guide Ryan and make him the superstar he was born to be. He's the best thing about GC FB.

Reactions: howard13
Muschamp is an arrogant narcissist who will never admit that these losses are on him, and he is a terrible HC. Always blames others, the fans, the refs, etc. Ryan is a great kid, I hope we can get the coaching situation right so he can shine.

Reactions: gamecockwrestler
I have said this before, but we don't deserve the Hilinski's, the way our Administration handles things is a disgrace, and Muschamp can't develop QB's.

Reactions: lostcock
I hope this kid gets better. With Doty coming in next year the QB battle will be interesting. Doty has the ability to scramble, with our offensive line whoever the QB is they will need it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ken in sacramento
While we haven't seen Doty take a snap I believe he will be the starter at some point next year. As many have said, we've got to have a mobile qb... not necessarily a Watson/Jackson type qb but one that can move in the pocket and break out for five/six yard gains that keep the LBs honest.

Reactions: DarkCock
While we haven't seen Doty take a snap I believe he will be the starter at some point next year. As many have said, we've got to have a mobile qb... not necessarily a Watson/Jackson type qb but one that can move in the pocket and break out for five/six yard gains that keep the LBs honest.

Hell, Trevor Lawrence ran for 66 yards against us. I thought it was a given in today's game that a quarterback must have some mobility, especially at Carolina. Hopefully Doty can give us a bit.

Reactions: Cocky4SC
Muschamp is an arrogant narcissist who will never admit that these losses are on him, and he is a terrible HC. Always blames others, the fans, the refs, etc. Ryan is a great kid, I hope we can get the coaching situation right so he can shine.

I'm not sure which post game interviews you're watching but they're obviously not the same interviews I have seen. He puts the losses on himself every interview. His ability to do anything about it is another story, but he does take responsibility for things that have gone wrong.

Reactions: carolinamyke
I'm not sure which post game interviews you're watching but they're obviously not the same interviews I have seen. He puts the losses on himself every interview. His ability to do anything about it is another story, but he does take responsibility for things that have gone wrong.

I may be wrong here, but I think much of the gripe is about how Muschamp always brings up the most wins in three years prior, having an offense that averaged 30pts a game the year prior when questioned about the lack of offense this year. It is a deflecting mechanism.

I may be wrong here, but I think much of the gripe is about how Muschamp always brings up the most wins in three years prior, having an offense that averaged 30pts a game the year prior when questioned about the lack of offense this year. It is a deflecting mechanism.
Unless he is winning on the field, all of his other comments are just noise.

I agree, he should stop bringing up last season but it seems to me he is doing so to protect the OC, vs. throwing him under the bus. BMAC was getting a ton of heat this year so i think Muschamp was protecting his coach, which is exactly the way a HC should handle the situation. The reason was correct but the way he went about it was questionable.

I agree, he should stop bringing up last season but it seems to me he is doing so to protect the OC, vs. throwing him under the bus. BMAC was getting a ton of heat this year so i think Muschamp was protecting his coach, which is exactly the way a HC should handle the situation. The reason was correct but the way he went about it was questionable.

Agreed. But It made it worse though when he brought it up after getting pounded by CLemson about people "bitching" about an offense that scored 30pts a game the year before and then ran off a bunch of stats about how many times it had been done in school history... I wish he could see that football isn't won these days with a final score of 14-7 or 21-14... heck they put up what almost 100pts in the Auburn Bama game Saturday. Your best defense is a good offense, not the other way around.

At Clemson players transfer when they no longer cut the mustard, here? when they realize the coaching doesn’t. Don’t be surprised if Shi is next.

Hell, Trevor Lawrence ran for 66 yards against us. I thought it was a given in today's game that a quarterback must have some mobility, especially at Carolina. Hopefully Doty can give us a bit.
Fthat! that’s the most he’s rushed all year. i don’t care if we had vic back there. he wouldn’t get anything as far as rushing goes. due to the line being incapable of blocking, due to the oc being incapable of coming up with a little more than a shitty gameplan. wolf was hamstrung by the clueless game plan and thus, so were his lineman. new oc gives good in instruction to oline coach, oline does what they’re supposed to do, lanes open, rb’s have success, passing game opens up, keep throwing down field, d opens up, then qb can run if necessary. doty can run like shaw, not like lamar, or cameron, or k. murray. like i said, lawrence can run. but he hasn’t needed to. it’s not the quick fix you’re searching for.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT