ADVERTISEMENT

Our reality

So, Hill certainly did not outperform Hillinski:

From Muschamp: "It was a very difficult decision. You look at our three scrimmages, which are the three benchmarks really in the evaluation. Ryan was the player of the day in the first one; Collin was in the second. Both of them played extremely well in the third. It was very difficult, a hard decision, but that's the decision that we made. As I've said before, we can win with both guys. We have great confidence in both guys and both guys know that."

Sorry, but I'd expect a more resounding endorsement of the starting QB than "that's the decision we made."

So they each won a scrimmage and were apparently tied in the 3rd. Sounds like it was a toss-up decision and Bobo got his boy in there. Hill, for all his touted knowledge of the system, in which he's been for the last 4 seasons, could only tie our sophomore who's had a few months with the system.

Yay. 🥳

Exactly. If this is what Muschamp said, then RH should start. Hill, who knew the system (and has been in it for multiple years) beat RH out only in the second scrimmage and tied him in the third. A discerning mind will say then someone with familiarity (Hill) could only tie the other who has little or no familiarity (RH). Clearly, based on Muschamp's words then, points to RH having the higher upside. BAD DECISION. On the 26th we are going to see if this is the case.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Muschamp knows his job is on the line. I’m sure he is starting the guy who thinks can bring a W. I haven’t seen Hill in practice. None of us have. While I am not a Muschamp fan, I am a big Gamecock fan. I will get behind this until is proven wrong. All of this is speculation. I didn’t see anything from Ryan last year to make me think he is a world beater.

It’s no BFD. If Hill doesn’t hack it or gets injured, Hilinski will play.

I would imagine the Hilinski Fam has wised up to the grim reality that they made a bad decision in relocating to Columbia. Why any QB in the world would want to play for a Muschamp coached team is beyond me. He has never had anything but excuses when it comes to why the teams offense is horrible and the talent either regresses or stagnates. Every QB the guy has coached has been better under the next guy in their career. His tenure here is going just the way his tenure at UF went. The guy was being run out of Auburn by Gus when Tanner hired him. He was hoping to get a DC job and lucked into a nearly $4 MM per year HC job. What a lucky dude.

If the PAC 12 finally gets going, it would not shock me at all to see Jake Bentley look all world. If / When that happens, what are people going to say?

Muschamp is nothing more than a dead man walking. He won’t be gone after this year due to the economic situation, and likely wasn’t going to be anyway due to the buy out that dodo bird Tanner gave him. Like anyone was going to hire Will based off the good to ok results he had in the first two years. Will had too many negatives on his resume to overcome for two years of ok results to mean much.

When you bring in a grad transfer to replace the starting QB who was true freshmen, then you get what you desrve. Ryan should hit the portal and go find a program that doesn’t have a lame duck running it. This is a business and that business decision will be one more in a long line of poor ones from this coach. If Hill were to get hurt this year, i would absolutely expect that some other Grad transfer will be in here next year. I mean why not right? They have not done well managing the QB room and certainly not improving it.

Bobo didn’t hit the unemployment line because he was a particularly great coach, the offense wasn’t very good. What he did have was the UGA card. That is apparently all you need to work for Will.

Regarding the title of this thread, we have a coach and an athletic director that no other school would interview much less hire. It’s ok to demand better.

This is the truth, I will give Tanner a pass on hiring Will, he pushed all his chips in on Herman and waited the whole season and I am not sure if Herman got cold feet, was biding his time for the Texas Job (which i think is what was happening and it was pretty clear that Texas was going to run off Charlie at the end of that year) so who knows, but Tanner was a little green and that was his first major hire.

I can’t forgive him for giving that awful buy out to Will. Give him a raise, sure, but you had to know that he was suspect, he was your 4th or 5th choice depending on who you believe. Yes he had some better than expected results in the first two years, but they weren’t all world or anything. There wasn’t anyone legitimately interested isn’t he guy.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Imagine- YOU starting another thread pouting about who the starting QB is... this might be a record in a day for someone on this site... You should consider getting behind the players/team, or pick another team to pull for. According to what you said on another post, you aren't going to support the team because a "non-gamecock" is going to start for us.
Lol. The poster is a bit ridiculous
Plus uses word “ our”
Funny

How did Hillenski do against App State? At home no less! Stop acting like Hillenski is some type of god. He should have never been playing last year anyway. He might be good in the future but stop acting like the season is over because he wasn't chosen!

Reactions: Tmac069
Hilinski was literally hurt from the 2nd game on. He managed to still go out and give it his all despite being pounded every single game. I was at the Mizzou game and the kid was beat to death the entire game.

Hell of a reward. But to be honest after seeing Muskrat take a dump on Scarnecchia I expected no less. Muskrats a loser with bad karma.

That being said I hope Hill lights it up. I'm tired of losing.

Hilinski was literally hurt from the 2nd game on. He managed to still go out and give it his all despite being pounded every single game. I was at the Mizzou game and the kid was beat to death the entire game.

Hell of a reward. But to be honest after seeing Muskrat take a dump on Scarnecchia I expected no less. Muskrats a loser with bad karma.

That being said I hope Hill lights it up. I'm tired of losing.
The scarnecchia thing still pisses me off. Muschamp absolutely didn’t give a damn apparently. Michael deserved better.

How did Hillenski do against App State? At home no less! Stop acting like Hillenski is some type of god. He should have never been playing last year anyway. He might be good in the future but stop acting like the season is over because he wasn't chosen!
He threw for 325 yards. We had 21 yards rushing as a team. Joyner was our leading rusher with 14 yards. QB play was not why we lost that game.

He might have had more talent on the offensive side of the ball at CSU. Whether we have SEC talent is completely debatable.
That’s what I been thinking!
tenor.gif

5 years into Muschamp’s tenure the (Supposedly) best option we have at QB is an injury prone grad transfer from Colorado State (of the MWC) who has played just one season’s worth of games in 4 years and hasn’t started a full season of football since 2015 in high school.

Pardon me for not breaking out the bubbly.
At this point, I think if Hillinski asked you to open wide, you'd do it.

Reactions: 92Pony
I did not know that you could bet on it, but I am starting to think "someone" bet the farm on who would start at QB for the gamecocks on opening day!😃 Just saying.......

Reactions: SOSUSC
Hey, I get it. We all saw Hilinski put it on the line for us last year and we developed an affinity for not only him but his family as well.

I hope that the decision to start Hill is the best decision. We will know quickly because Tennessee’s defense will be no joke.

However; it really pisses me off when people say that a player should transfer. Where is the loyalty to our beloved university? I am not suggesting a loyalty to CWM (well yes I am) because he is our coach until he is not.

But come on man! We should root for every player wearing a Gamecock uniform.

Hill is a SC native. Let's support him and Ryan and Doty. We will need all three of them before this season ends. Now that the season is starting it would be nice if we could discuss that rather than 24/7 fire Muschamp. Hey, if we do poorly, maybe I will join you. But let's see how things will go. Maybe we will win some.

Coaches have the right to start the players they want. They need to win though. It's all about winning.

chucktowncock, I have a grammar question for you. You are one of the best grammar gurus on the board and I mean that in a good way.

I can never remember when to use "who" or "whom". I remembered the rule along time ago but have since forgotten the correct usage. There was a little trick to remember how and when to use "whom" but it took me too long to remember the rule when I was trying to apply the trick it just wasn't worth the effort.

Anyway, in the following sentence is "who" and "whom" used correctly? "It is not for me to say "who" goes with "whom". (Meaning a romantic relationship).

Plus, do you have easy ways to remember the correct usage?

chucktowncock, I have a grammar question for you. You are one of the best grammar gurus on the board and I mean that in a good way.

I can never remember when to use "who" or "whom". I remembered the rule along time ago but have since forgotten the correct usage. There was a little trick to remember how and when to use "whom" but it took me too long to remember the rule when I was trying to apply the trick it just wasn't worth the effort.

Anyway, in the following sentence is "who" and "whom" used correctly? "It is not for me to say "who" goes with "whom". (Meaning a romantic relationship).

Plus, do you have easy ways to remember the correct usage?
Whom should be used to refer to the object of a verb or preposition. When in doubt, try this simple trick: If you can replace the word with “he”’ or “’she,” use who. If you can replace it with “him” or “her,” use whom.

• Who should be used to refer to the subject of a sentence.
  • Whom should be used to refer to the object of a verb or preposition.

Whom should be used to refer to the object of a verb or preposition. When in doubt, try this simple trick: If you can replace the word with “he”’ or “’she,” use who. If you can replace it with “him” or “her,” use whom.

• Who should be used to refer to the subject of a sentence.
  • Whom should be used to refer to the object of a verb or preposition.

Thanks very much! Could you please do me one last favor? Could you use "who" and "whom" in two different sentences as you describe the rules above? That would go along way with helping me to remember the correct usage.

As always thanks very much.

Reactions: paladin181
Thanks very much! Could you please do me one last favor? Could you use "who" and "whom" in two different sentences as you describe the rules above? That would go along way with helping me to remember the correct usage.

Never mind, I just looked it up myself. Sometimes I find it easier to ask someone like you instead of just searching the internet. After all that is why we have the internet.

Reactions: paladin181
I just don't get any of this. HIll has had more years and maturity to have experience in practice, the system, meetings etc than RH3 in one year in the system.

RH3 starting last year was more of a Best backup QB than best QB on the roster, no matter how often fans what the back-up to be the man, and it IS often from my perception.

My opinion is that if Bentley were still here, he would be starting instead of RH3 due to his experience probably being the difference. Again, JMO, he was on pace to set almost all our QB records and if he picked up the playbook then he is the man.

If Hill never came then in all likelihood RH3 would be a back-up if the roster was the same, with Doty pushing for playing time as a dual threat.

All things being equal, HIll knows the system and RH3 can take valuable reps as backup and become more familiar with the playbook.

I think we will see all 3 play. I am rooting for all of them and having a favorite doesn't make sense for me. Hoping we win some games with any of them

He didn't know who was coming to dinner. That was a problem because each plate was specialized and he did not know to whom each plate would go.

Whom did you invite? Who is coming?

In case you still need it, friend. 😉

5 years into Muschamp’s tenure the (Supposedly) best option we have at QB is an injury prone grad transfer from Colorado State (of the MWC) who has played just one season’s worth of games in 4 years and hasn’t started a full season of football since 2015 in high school.

Pardon me for not breaking out the bubbly.
You’re walking a little funky … are your panties all bunched up in a wad today? Did someone say words that hurt you? Was there an argument, a cat fight, or a squabble that has you rattled today? Here are 4 steps to unwad your panties.

1. Stop re-reading all the FB messages, emails & texts documenting this hurt. (Really, why are you re-reading it all? You know it only twists your panties more. Go ahead and hit the delete button so you’re not even tempted to re-read.)

2. Stop re-playing it in your head. (You know the ol’ “well she said and I said, and then she said …” Or how about the “well, I should have REALLY told him!” It’s garbage and it will stink up this day too if you let it. Stop the madness in your head!)

3. Stop talking about it. (As good as it may feel to tell everyone your side of the story, it only prologues those nasty negative feelings. Resist the urge to rant.)

4. Move on. (That’s right, you have permission to move on to other things today. You no longer have to dwell.)

Go Cocks!

First year offenses almost always struggle. Boom and Coach Bobo know they really don't have grace to have an "adjusting" first year like most would have. Hill helps that tremendously. We shall see if it's the right call but listening to Bobo I don't even think it's close. They have said nice things about Ryan but I think that's there to be encouraging and not alienating. Smart and the right thing to do publicly. But play who can help you win, and right now they think that's Hill. I'm guessing they're right. We'll see.

Reactions: Tmac069
He didn't know who was coming to dinner. That was a problem because each plate was specialized and he did not know to whom each plate would go.

Whom did you invite? Who is coming?

In case you still need it, friend. 😉

Thanks very much my friend.

First year offenses almost always struggle. Boom and Coach Bobo know they really don't have grace to have an "adjusting" first year like most would have. Hill helps that tremendously. We shall see if it's the right call but listening to Bobo I don't even think it's close. They have said nice things about Ryan but I think that's there to be encouraging and not alienating. Smart and the right thing to do publicly. But play who can help you win, and right now they think that's Hill. I'm guessing they're right. We'll see.
confucius say underestimate cocks at your own peril

I just don't get any of this. HIll has had more years and maturity to have experience in practice, the system, meetings etc than RH3 in one year in the system.

RH3 starting last year was more of a Best backup QB than best QB on the roster, no matter how often fans what the back-up to be the man, and it IS often from my perception.

My opinion is that if Bentley were still here, he would be starting instead of RH3 due to his experience probably being the difference. Again, JMO, he was on pace to set almost all our QB records and if he picked up the playbook then he is the man.

If Hill never came then in all likelihood RH3 would be a back-up if the roster was the same, with Doty pushing for playing time as a dual threat.

All things being equal, HIll knows the system and RH3 can take valuable reps as backup and become more familiar with the playbook.

I think we will see all 3 play. I am rooting for all of them and having a favorite doesn't make sense for me. Hoping we win some games with any of them
What if the “system” sucks?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT