ADVERTISEMENT

Our reality

chucktowncock, I have a grammar question for you. You are one of the best grammar gurus on the board and I mean that in a good way.

I can never remember when to use "who" or "whom". I remembered the rule along time ago but have since forgotten the correct usage. There was a little trick to remember how and when to use "whom" but it took me too long to remember the rule when I was trying to apply the trick it just wasn't worth the effort.

Anyway, in the following sentence is "who" and "whom" used correctly? "It is not for me to say "who" goes with "whom". (Meaning a romantic relationship).

Plus, do you have easy ways to remember the correct usage?

I just don't get any of this. HIll has had more years and maturity to have experience in practice, the system, meetings etc than RH3 in one year in the system.

RH3 starting last year was more of a Best backup QB than best QB on the roster, no matter how often fans what the back-up to be the man, and it IS often from my perception.

My opinion is that if Bentley were still here, he would be starting instead of RH3 due to his experience probably being the difference. Again, JMO, he was on pace to set almost all our QB records and if he picked up the playbook then he is the man.

If Hill never came then in all likelihood RH3 would be a back-up if the roster was the same, with Doty pushing for playing time as a dual threat.

All things being equal, HIll knows the system and RH3 can take valuable reps as backup and become more familiar with the playbook.

I think we will see all 3 play. I am rooting for all of them and having a favorite doesn't make sense for me. Hoping we win some games with any of them
The problem is this is a symptom of the larger problem with Muschamp. When he was fired at Florida and hired here the knock was the inconsistent offenses, rotating OCs, QB transfers and just general lack of success with his players. So here we are in year 5 under Muschamp and we have:
- 3rd different OC
- Starting QB from Colorado State with no P5 offers while the QBs Muschamp’s staff recruited are playing for the Mets, waiting to see what happens at Utah, playing WR and now backing up a guy coming off his 3rd knee surgery
- No real confidence at RB as his big get didn’t make it out of practice and we have guys who showed flashes but no consistency primarily due to injury concerns
- Leading returning WR had his best year as a sophomore with 45 catches 673 yards and 4 TDS and we are hearing a transfer from Wingate has been the most impressive at that position
- Oline hasn’t shown any ability to run block or pass protect over the past few years. No great with no super back or mobile QB
- Coming off a 4-8 season with Muschamp’s best team since he got here

So sure it’s fine to say that Hill winning is great from a competition aspect but from a bigger picture perspective it’s just another example of the Muschamp Effect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT