ADVERTISEMENT

Our recruiting has to improve, we have a 6'4 260 O lineman. brad scott days

It's weird they say SOS didn't recruit but he brought in 7-10 4*....Muschamp came in as a recruiter telling we need more planes, personnel etc...and he averages 4-5 4* and some 2*....very disappointed in recruiting.

It's weird they say SOS didn't recruit but he brought in 7-10 4*....Muschamp came in as a recruiter telling we need more planes, personnel etc...and he averages 4-5 4* and some 2*....very disappointed in recruiting.

You can't just read star rating list and understand recruiting. Many of the great OT came into college as very slim...more athletic types. I have yet to see a single player that Muschamp has signed that the potential did not jump off the screen while watching their film. I don't know if you are just a troll or not...but I would say Muschamp will prove himself in about one to two more years with all these recruits.

I'm afraid it is going to take quite some time to get to the point where we're bringing in guys who are already the size where they can contribute right away. Recruiting projects is not the ideal plan, but I guess you have to start somewhere.

I'm trying hard to give the benefit of the doubt. Ecu was his only other offer per another site. I hope that is wrong or we know something about these guys that uga, Klempsun, ut, and uf don't. Stars are one thing but offers are what I truly look at. However, it does not feel like we are recruiting on the same level as our supposed competition. Muschamp and staff did well to scramble and put together that initial class and last year was decent. Really thought we would take a step forward into the top 15. Don't feel like we are gaining ground.

I know ECU is not Alabama but they always seem to have players that could be playing at much larger programs,they do seem to give fits to a lot of teams that they prbly shouldnt be giving fits to so i wouldnt automaticly discount him on that alone

I'm trying hard to give the benefit of the doubt. Ecu was his only other offer per another site. I hope that is wrong or we know something about these guys that uga, Klempsun, ut, and uf don't. Stars are one thing but offers are what I truly look at. However, it does not feel like we are recruiting on the same level as our supposed competition. Muschamp and staff did well to scramble and put together that initial class and last year was decent. Really thought we would take a step forward into the top 15. Don't feel like we are gaining ground.

Listen, Boom is going to have to "coach them up". 'This class currently has a mid ACC type feel. I do think we have the coaching talent here to coach the kids up. We need a belief in team.

I know ECU is not Alabama but they always seem to have players that could be playing at much larger programs,they do seem to give fits to a lot of teams that they prbly shouldnt be giving fits to so i wouldnt automaticly discount him on that alone

ECU is known as the Alabama of the mid major schools in North Carolina

Reactions: JSpears5
Listen, Boom is going to have to "coach them up". 'This class currently has a mid ACC type feel. I do think we have the coaching talent here to coach the kids up. We need a belief in team.

We are currently mid-level ACC but if the pieces fall right we could be up to Mid level Big 10 or maybe even elite level Big 12. I'm not worried. If Boom has shown us anything in his previous stops it is that he can do great things with minimal talent. He is a proven developer. All we need to do is get him the clay and let him mold us some 1st round picks.

Reactions: cocky4 and Heyward1
You have to trust the evaluation and the potential. If he passed Muschamp's test then he has to have some talent.

Trust is not the right word. Hopeful is probably better. Have to be hopeful Muschamp knows what he's doing when it comes to building a team. You don't trust a guy who was a complete failure as a head coach at Florida until he's earned it. He has not earned trust yet.

Trust is not the right word. Hopeful is probably better. Have to be hopeful Muschamp knows what he's doing when it comes to building a team. You don't trust a guy who was a complete failure as a head coach at Florida until he's earned it. He has not earned trust yet.

Chill bro. A failure? You aren't a failure if you are named head coach in waiting at Texas, head coach at Florida, defensive coordinator at Auburn and then land another SEC head coaching job. How do you measure success? Wins? Star ratings on recruits? Coach Boom has an eye for talent. He has always had it and he knows it when he sees it.

Chill bro. A failure? You aren't a failure if you are named head coach in waiting at Texas, head coach at Florida, defensive coordinator at Auburn and then land another SEC head coaching job. How do you measure success? Wins? Star ratings on recruits? Coach Boom has an eye for talent. He has always had it and he knows it when he sees it.

Yes. He's a failure as head coach to this point. Wins are the measure. Division and conference titles are he measure. I don't see that as debatable. I'm hopeful he has the potential to be better. But right now it's just potential and hopefulness.

We are currently mid-level ACC but if the pieces fall right we could be up to Mid level Big 10 or maybe even elite level Big 12. I'm not worried. If Boom has shown us anything in his previous stops it is that he can do great things with minimal talent. He is a proven developer. All we need to do is get him the clay and let him mold us some 1st round picks.
4842ffd2-cfb0-47f2-9884-db4c627a4e69.gif

I have never seen a fan base freak out about recruiting 8 months before signing day. I realize this site is crawling with trolls, but come on. We are either leading or in the lead group for at least five 4*s left on the board. We will likely finish with Iyama, wonnum, and Gwynne, giving us three 4* OL in this class. Chill.

Reactions: KreekRatz
Is...what's that I hear...the sky falling? Oh my! What shall we do? The sky...it's FALLING! Run for your lives.

Reactions: KreekRatz
I do not care about how much weight a player will add...means nothing here is the deal you can either play or you cant.and if you do not think ratings matter....look at the best teams year in and year out they have great classes. you do not win in the sec with three star players. period!

We can sit here and fret about anything and everything. However at this point I'm just waiting to see what happens this season. If we go out and win 8 games, we will start landing some bigger recruits. Like it or not, Muschamp has to overcome the stigma of his failure at Florida before the recruiting really takes off. 6 wins was a nice improvement, but the jury is still out with a lot of recruits. Put up some points with our offense this year and win 8 games and I really think the flood gates will open. Heck,if we put up a lot of points and win 7 games then we might see some recruiting improvement. I genuinely think Muschamp can win here, but the performance on the field this year and next is going to be critical.

I think the Florida thing is a huge obstacle.

We can sit here and fret about anything and everything. However at this point I'm just waiting to see what happens this season. If we go out and win 8 games, we will start landing some bigger recruits. Like it or not, Muschamp has to overcome the stigma of his failure at Florida before the recruiting really takes off. 6 wins was a nice improvement, but the jury is still out with a lot of recruits. Put up some points with our offense this year and win 8 games and I really think the flood gates will open. Heck,if we put up a lot of points and win 7 games then we might see some recruiting improvement. I genuinely think Muschamp can win here, but the performance on the field this year and next is going to be critical.

Reactions: Heyward1
I am very disappointed in the recruiting results as well. It seems like so many Gamecock fans are suddenly ok with 2 and 3 star recruits because they were "evaluated" by Muschamp. Muschamp does not have a secret system for evaluating recruits that no one else in the country knows about. We are simply not recruiting well and by that, I mean we are getting out recruited by most of our competition. Only time will tell, but common sense tells you that you cannot win many games on your schedule against teams with better players.
This is a crucial season! If we fall on our face and only win 5 or 6 games, I don't see Muschamp being here much longer. If we win 8+ games, recruiting should improve.

Reactions: Thigh Man

LOL !!!!

you are so confused on these issues...it's not about star ratings..the strength of any recruiting class is how well you evaluate...it's obvious to anyone with an IQ above 85 that Spurrier and his staff had some seriously bad evaluations the last 3 classes of his tenure...You ignore that irrefutable fact while trying to judge Muschamp's classes before they ever become sophomores..We'll know how well the current staff is recruiting soon enough..Right now none of know jack...Let's watch the games this fall and see how well our freshmen and sophomores perform...

I am very disappointed in the recruiting results as well. It seems like so many Gamecock fans are suddenly ok with 2 and 3 star recruits because they were "evaluated" by Muschamp. Muschamp does not have a secret system for evaluating recruits that no one else in the country knows about. We are simply not recruiting well and by that, I mean we are getting out recruited by most of our competition. Only time will tell, but common sense tells you that you cannot win many games on your schedule against teams with better players.
This is a crucial season! If we fall on our face and only win 5 or 6 games, I don't see Muschamp being here much longer. If we win 8+ games, recruiting should improve.

what 2 star recruits has Muschamp brought in? Also the issue is we have fans stupid enough to think some recruiting guru at espn can watch 10 minutes of Youtube video and do accurate evaluations

Reactions: TriumphCock
what 2 star recruits has Muschamp brought in? Also the issue is we have fans stupid enough to think some recruiting guru at espn can watch 10 minutes of Youtube video and do accurate evaluations
So you really believe that Muschamp evaluates talent better than any other coach in the country? I'm not concerned with an ESPN analyst and what he thinks about our recruits. I am concerned with recruits who do not have offers from any other quality schools. There is a reason for that. Every low-rated recruit that we sign is not going to be a diamond in the rough like some of our fans believe.

Muschamp's big problem is that he can't go with a bunch of lightly recruited, diamond in the rough type guys and convince people it's okay because he knows how to evaluate and build a team. His history at UF indicates he does not know how to evaluate and build a winning college football team. The burden of proof is on him to show that he can be successful as a head coach. It would be quite a bit easier to believe in him if he were landing a bunch of top tier recruits. Instead, we're asked to believe that the guy who couldn't win at Florida is going to win at South Carolina with a bunch of lightly recruited guys most of the successful programs don't seem to want.

If you live in a South Carolina bubble, I suppose you have to buy into the idea that Muschamp is this elite evaluator and developer of talent. But I don't think that's the reality of the situation. Certianly no one outside of the South Carolina bubble is looking at it that way. If you put every college head coach and college/NFL coordinator in a pot, and were ranking them by who you would want to take over your program, I'm not sure Muschamp is in the top 50.

That's not to say it's all bad or Muschamp isn't capable of being a successful head coach at some point. But this class is off to a very slow start and there is no reason at this point to give Muschamp the benefit of the doubt. Let the guy really earn something before you post about people needing to trust him.

If we are the only (or one of 1 or 2 other) power 5 offer then I am concerned. Stars are secondary to who else is offering to me.

Reactions: ChristheContractor
Lawcal cock I have a simple question for you say the last 10 years all Alabama got was 2 and 3 star players...how successful would they have been?

Reactions: ChristheContractor
Ratings matter some but each of the kids offered has performed in front of our coaches and the coaches liked what they saw. I tend to trust coaching evaluations more than some website reporter. Over the last few years we've had plenty of 4 star guys come in and do nothing. I think our coaches got lazy and were offering guys based off ratings and we got quite a few lemons. It's either that or they failed to do what it takes to perform at the college level. I'm not saying that the guys we have coming in are going to be world beaters but we should wait and see.

ADVERTISEMENT