ADVERTISEMENT

Over/under on Fournette rushing yards

gamecockblack

Jun 25, 2015
Columbia
now that the game will be in Baton Rouge? I say if the game were in Columbia he would have 175 yards rushing, but now that he'll be playing at home I say he runs 25 times for 216 yards. Thoughts?

sounds about right. right about his average.
The best I can hope for is a game like Georgia 2014. Gurley, Chub, and Crew had 217 rushing yards and they appeared to control the game until the moments that mattered. Couple of bad choices by Richt and South Carolina got the win. I can see Miles doing that...

Reactions: 03_TIGERS_07
The best I can hope for is a game like Georgia 2014. Gurley, Chub, and Crew had 217 rushing yards and they appeared to control the game until the moments that mattered. Couple of bad choices by Richt and South Carolina got the win. I can see Miles doing that...
Let's hope so brother. I hate having g to rely on the other team making mistakes to help us win but that's where we are at this point. Maybe we can force a fumble on special teams or run a few fake field goals & fake punts. That's what its gonna take & we definitely can't sit back on defense & allow LSU to take the fight to us. We need to have gap integrity on the D line & for the love of God please don't get pushed around & shoved back into our LB's because if that happens its gonna be a long day for our boys.

Reactions: vehemon
Let's hope so brother. I hate having g to rely on the other team making mistakes to help us win but that's where we are at this point. Maybe we can force a fumble on special teams or run a few fake field goals & fake punts. That's what its gonna take & we definitely can't sit back on defense & allow LSU to take the fight to us. We need to have gap integrity on the D line & for the love of God please don't get pushed around & shoved back into our LB's because if that happens its gonna be a long day for our boys.
Well the OTHER game that comes to mind is Arkansas 2007...
Darren McFadden - 321
Felix Jones - 166
Peyton Hillis - 35
Michael Smith - 32 (Looking at those names... they had an AMAZING pool of NFL talent at RB that year....)

That score was a lot closer than the game actually was. I just remember watching that game in Raleigh being completely shell shocked because of the rushing game.

Well the OTHER game that comes to mind is Arkansas 2007...
Darren McFadden - 321
Felix Jones - 166
Peyton Hillis - 35
Michael Smith - 32 (Looking at those names... they had an AMAZING pool of NFL talent at RB that year....)

That score was a lot closer than the game actually was. I just remember watching that game in Raleigh being completely shell shocked because of the rushing game.
I remember that game vs Arky all too well. McFadden ripped us a new one that day

he gets 250 easy and the only reason he doesnt get more is they take him out before the end of the game....probably late 3rd quarter/early4th

Reactions: Titleist*
I would say over 200 yds....but not by much.

They will want to keep the 200yd streak going but save him for their real SEC games later this year.

I would say over 200 yds....but not by much.

They will want to keep the 200yd streak going but save him for their real SEC games later this year.
I agree & that's crazy. This guy averages over 200 yards a game & makes it look easy. When was the last time SC had a RB go for over 200 yards in a game? Was it Lattimore vs Florida his freshman year? I know he was close

now that the game will be in Baton Rouge? I say if the game were in Columbia he would have 175 yards rushing, but now that he'll be playing at home I say he runs 25 times for 216 yards. Thoughts?
We have no assets or schemes to stop him.

He may be one of the best backs to ever play...
If they leave him in and have enough oxygen tanks at the ready, 500 yards easy, if they pull him which is the smart move, 200-300.

He will definitely hit his average but my biggest concern is he will physically punish our LBs and DBs. We can't afford to lose Moore and/or any combination of our cornerbacks and safeties. Can't even fathom what he would do to Harris Jr or Rico with a full head of steam.

Whatever they feel like. We won't even slow them down. I don't think Coach expects much from us.

Reactions: IPOC369
The over/under should be around 190. I'd take the over, and think he'll have 260 yards by the end of Q3. He won't be needed in the Q4, as the game will be well in hand for LSU...unfortunately.

Whatever they feel like. We won't even slow them down. I don't think Coach expects much from us.
I think a part of the equation was that he was gonna show some fire on the sideline. He asks for passion from the players but doesn't show any on the sideline. I honestly don't see what's different between him & Ward. A few of the zones are cool but we mostly sit back in a soft coverage & get picked apart all game. I don't know if this scheme will work even with superb players when you're willingly giving up the short passing game hoping for a mistake from the offense.

I I don't know if this scheme will work even with superb players when you're willingly giving up the short passing game hoping for a mistake from the offense.

Lack of technique has the defense players not even reacting on plays in their zone. Watch well coached teams run the scheme and even playing in the zone, the players context plays while the current bunch here have safeties\cornerbacks whom simply watch the plays unfold then react....

When is the last time you have seen one of our Safeties break on a pass to either intercept or dislodge .......It is so bad that even when the teams get inside the 15yd, we still play umbrella coverage with the secondary off at the goal line and dropping into the endzone.

What is sad is watching every single QB setup in an entirely clean backfield for the entire game and play catch then watching the next week when the same team is playing any other team that that same QB is having to dodge all over the place and is stressed. That is how you go from a crappy horrid QB like Lambert going 27-28 then the next game miss 14 passes in a row against Alabama or the UK QB going nuts against SC then go like 5-17 against Eastern Kentucky.

IF you are not stressing the QBs and WRs then you are not playing defense.

Lack of technique has the defense players not even reacting on plays in their zone. Watch well coached teams run the scheme and even playing in the zone, the players context plays while the current bunch here have safeties\cornerbacks whom simply watch the plays unfold then react....

When is the last time you have seen one of our Safeties break on a pass to either intercept or dislodge .......It is so bad that even when the teams get inside the 15yd, we still play umbrella coverage with the secondary off at the goal line and dropping into the endzone.

What is sad is watching every single QB setup in an entirely clean backfield for the entire game and play catch then watching the next week when the same team is playing any other team that that same QB is having to dodge all over the place and is stressed. That is how you go from a crappy horrid QB like Lambert going 27-28 then the next game miss 14 passes in a row against Alabama or the UK QB going nuts against SC then go like 5-17 against Eastern Kentucky.

IF you are not stressing the QBs and WRs then you are not playing defense.
I agree with this. I don't understand allowing a freshman QB to stay comfortable in the pocket & pick us apart all game long. You would think that after we saw he could complete some balls in the 1st half that'd we would blitz him more & get out of that soft zone we love to run. I believe if we just played tight man coverage with one safety & blitzed most of the game we would be a much better defense. It doesn't seem that Hoke's defense is that much improved from Ward's last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT