ADVERTISEMENT

Paige out 6-8 weeks — fracture

I totally agree but I'm not sure Geno wants to lose to Dawn again and he may pull out all the stops to make sure that happens.

Reactions: TAV31
She’d do well to take a redshirt year. If she comes back after 8 weeks, every team she plays will make constant cuts on her bad leg. The potential for re-injury will be very high.
I seriously doubt she'll be back for a 5th season, even with NIL money. Or I doubt Geno gambles on her coming back anyway. If nothing else, she can be a shooter and allow Fudd and the other players to be the primary ball handlers.

Reactions: Gamekem
It doesn’t matter to the TEAM (it does to her). They’ll win their conference and get a 1 or 2 seed in the NCAA tournament without her playing a game. It does make it tougher to win the tournament without her.

Reactions: TAV31
Azzi Fudd is out indefinitely with a stress reaction in her foot that has lingered since this summer

Reactions: gamecockblack
I'm an orthopaedic surgeon, specializing in sports medicine, but I take care of a fair amount of fractures. I was surprised to see her take a few steps after the injury given this is a tibial plateau fracture, which lends me to believe it's minor. For the classic fracture patterns treated conservatively, you're generally treated non-weightbearing for 6 weeks with an expected 3 month recovery. There are, though, atypical fracture patterns that may lend to a quicker recovery, which is what I'd guess is going on here. I'm sure they'll have her rehabbing the whole time to maintain muscle mass, agility, etc. But 6 weeks is optimistic

I'm an orthopaedic surgeon, specializing in sports medicine, but I take care of a fair amount of fractures. I was surprised to see her take a few steps after the injury given this is a tibial plateau fracture, which lends me to believe it's minor. For the classic fracture patterns treated conservatively, you're generally treated non-weightbearing for 6 weeks with an expected 3 month recovery. There are, though, atypical fracture patterns that may lend to a quicker recovery, which is what I'd guess is going on here. I'm sure they'll have her rehabbing the whole time to maintain muscle mass, agility, etc. But 6 weeks is optimistic
Great info! Thanks.

I don't want to see any kid injured. Also, I want no excuses when Dawn and Co hang an L around Geno's neck. You want to beat the best at their best if you consider yourself their equal. Go ladies !

Thanks for your input - I was wondering why she continued to play. I broke my ankle playing basketball and my coach said I looked like a mule that just got shot when I went down.

I don't want to see any kid injured. Also, I want no excuses when Dawn and Co hang an L around Geno's neck. You want to beat the best at their best if you consider yourself their equal. Go ladies !
We had two significant injuries the year we won it, and two transfers stepped up. We also had Miss. State run interference for us by beating UConn. But all those things comprise the vicissitudes of life. No one ever needs to apologize - or worry about what anyone "says".

514A9463.jpg

I seriously doubt she'll be back for a 5th season, even with NIL money. Or I doubt Geno gambles on her coming back anyway. If nothing else, she can be a shooter and allow Fudd and the other players to be the primary ball handlers.
With NIL and the low salaries in the WNBA, I bet she could make more in college than jumping to the WNBA as soon as possible. IMHO

Reactions: viennacocks
We had two significant injuries the year we won it, and two transfers stepped up. We also had Miss. State run interference for us by beating UConn. But all those things comprise the vicissitudes of life. No one ever needs to apologize - or worry about what anyone "says".
I want to beat the best when they are at their best, not because their best player was out. If our best player is out and we beat them, it makes it much sweeter. The reverse of that is to make excuses if you get beat with your best out. Rise up and win anyway.

I believe we only had one significant injury that season, Alaina Coates. Who was the other?

I believe we only had one significant injury that season, Alaina Coates. Who was the other?
I can't recall - but for one reason or another, it seems we used two transfers during the championship run - maybe before, who had not figured nearly as large before.

I totally agree but I'm not sure Geno wants to lose to Dawn again and he may pull out all the stops to make sure that happens.
Geno cares a LOT more about March than January. I don’t think he’ll risk her if she’s less than 99%

Coates was the only injury. She got hurt in either the last regular season game or the first SEC tourney game. Alisha Grey and Kaela Davis were the two transfers. They started every game and averaged double figures.
The real revelation was when Coates went out and Cuevas-Moore replaced her. Dawn totally revamped the offense from low post dominated to a 1 down(Wilson) with a 4 out. Grey was the Swiss Army knife who moved into power forward and did everything.
Cuevas was hell on wheels and just dominated the little PG from state who LIT UCONN UP with 41 pts. Cuevas drove her to the bench

Coates was the only injury. She got hurt in either the last regular season game or the first SEC tourney game. Alisha Grey and Kaela Davis were the two transfers. They started every game and averaged double figures.
The real revelation was when Coates went out and Cuevas-Moore replaced her. Dawn totally revamped the offense from low post dominated to a 1 down(Wilson) with a 4 out. Grey was the Swiss Army knife who moved into power forward and did everything.
Cuevas was hell on wheels and just dominated the little PG from state who LIT UCONN UP with 41 pts. Cuevas drove her to the bench
For some reason I’m thinking Wilson was injured for a few weeks during that championship year.

The next season she had severe migraines and missed several games. We played UT Without her at home and lost by 15. Played them in SEC Tourney with A’ja and won by 15. That’s how good she was.
Yep — thanks for the correction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT