ADVERTISEMENT

Passionate Healthcare Leader on the Virus - sharing the story not for politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

haneynfl

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
Saint Cloud, FL

From the CEO of one of the health systems I serve. Very passionate, smart and dedicated healthcare leader. A MD and population health expert. One of the smartest people in healthcare I know. His team is on the front line of the virus and the reason he made this video. His passion shows.

Please just reflect and don’t make political.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockhornleghorn
Healthcare Finance for a national company that supports hospitals in 42 states. i mainly have Oh and WI, but I wished they would give me our FL clients - LOL.

I have a friend who shared a text from her nurse friend in Houston. She is begging everyone to double mask in public no matter what.

Reactions: jeff2001
I have a friend who shared a text from her nurse friend in Houston. She is begging everyone to double mask in public no matter what.
I agree this is a bad virus, but my wife had it and said it was like a bad cold, I never got it and was with her. The liberal media has everyone so afraid of it, they go to ER at first sign of a fever. That is reason for the overcrowding IMO. But hey, I’m no DR or scientist or Chinese, so I don’t know for sure.

Been at Home since Tuesday after Labor Day. Wife and I both had covid. I had covid and the flu. Tuesday night, first night of symptoms, I seriously hurt worse than I ever have in my life. Pain down deep in my bones. I prayed all night to not die. By Friday I was fine. I’m almost back to 100% now. My wife is on day 6, so tomorrow she should be turning a corner. She has Multiple sclerosis, and our doctors advised us not to take the shot because it hasn’t done well with auto immune.
I wouldn’t change a thing about it. We now have 27x better immunity through natural body response, than anyone who took the shot.

Been at Home since Tuesday after Labor Day. Wife and I both had covid. I had covid and the flu. Tuesday night, first night of symptoms, I seriously hurt worse than I ever have in my life. Pain down deep in my bones. I prayed all night to not die. By Friday I was fine. I’m almost back to 100% now. My wife is on day 6, so tomorrow she should be turning a corner. She has Multiple sclerosis, and our doctors advised us not to take the shot because it hasn’t done well with auto immune.
I wouldn’t change a thing about it. We now have 27x better immunity through natural body response, than anyone who took the shot.
My wife had an immunity as well because of it. She got the shot anyway, she had to have that golden ticket. They will lock everyone w/o it in their basements.

From the CEO of one of the health systems I serve. Very passionate, smart and dedicated healthcare leader. A MD and population health expert. One of the smartest people in healthcare I know. His team is on the front line of the virus and the reason he made this video. His passion shows.

Please just reflect and don’t make political.
How, when this virus has been politicized from the beginning, do you not expect this to be political?

Last edited:
Doesn’t matter to the comply or else crowd. Get the vaccine or be demonized by them and the media.

But immunity is only lasting 3 months roughly. Or so they say. I been saying it every week that next week I'll get the shot. But I really do plan on getting it next week so I'll have them both before my trip.

Double mask, seriously?
I’m not saying I agree, just passing information along from who seems to be a good source. Her rationale was that the delta variant has such an affinity for the lungs that a nasal swab test won’t pick it up in a lot of cases.

Do you think the whole thing is a scare tactic?
Let's not call it scare tactics, but stupid suggestions. Masks only slow down the penetration of C-19 particulate through the mask. Even a 99.97% efficient HEPA filter mask is based on 0.3 micron (300 nm) particles. Well guess what, C-19 particles are 70 to 90 nano-meters (nm) - 70 to 90 nm particulate is going to get through filters with efficiencies based on 300 nm. And here we are talking about HEPA filters and not the surgical masks or cotton masks that most people wear that a lot more inefficient - doubling up those types of masks will do little other than slow the particulate down a little more.

Supposedly this smart MD knows all - when putting out this type of video, he should use real data - vs. saying things like a lot more. And he talks about children getting sick - the last time I checked, the vaccine is not approved for children under 12 yoa.

And yes - I am fully vaccinated - it may not prevent getting the C-19 virus, but it is significantly decreases your chances of dying. I am in the nuke business and wearing PPE is the last step in the protection process. How many classrooms or hospitals or homes have increased their air exchange rates - but of course, exhausting the air in your home vs. recirculating will cost more money for AC (or heat in the winter).

Everyone with 1/2 a brain realizes the Virus had been, and will continue to be politicized to deflect from the other problems. This country is in the worst shape of my life.

old.jpg

Let's not call it scare tactics, but stupid suggestions. Masks only slow down the penetration of C-19 particulate through the mask. Even a 99.97% efficient HEPA filter mask is based on 0.3 micron (300 nm) particles. Well guess what, C-19 particles are 70 to 90 nano-meters (nm) - 70 to 90 nm particulate is going to get through filters with efficiencies based on 300 nm. And here we are talking about HEPA filters and not the surgical masks or cotton masks that most people wear that a lot more inefficient - doubling up those types of masks will do little other than slow the particulate down a little more.

Supposedly this smart MD knows all - when putting out this type of video, he should use real data - vs. saying things like a lot more. And he talks about children getting sick - the last time I checked, the vaccine is not approved for children under 12 yoa.

And yes - I am fully vaccinated - it may not prevent getting the C-19 virus, but it is significantly decreases your chances of dying. I am in the nuke business and wearing PPE is the last step in the protection process. How many classrooms or hospitals or homes have increased their air exchange rates - but of course, exhausting the air in your home vs. recirculating will cost more money for AC (or heat in the winter).
Trust me he is VERY data driven. I think he eats Dara 24 hours a day. I don’t think his video was intended to be “death by PowerPoint,” but rather a passionate plea to get beyond this virus through taking a societal approach that works. As for kids, many children hospitals have had spikes in admissions and high censuses. They likely won’t die, but there have certainly been more admissions. In the video, he points out the vaccine is not available to those under twelve (47M), but their are many more than 47M that could get it but haven’t. That was his point. Not getting vaccinated is increasing hospital admissions and causing critical staffing issues. It also exposes the 47M that can’t yet get vaccinated.

• Haha
Reactions: Cybercock
Covid is real but the vaccines are likely not the answer. FDA rejected boosters on the general population today.

Below is an MD on the frontlines in San Diego. Treated over 7,000 COVID patients with non-vaccine options.

I do think the virus is real. I think it is very dangerous, and you never know how your body will handle it. I also think it has overplayed be the media. I had a family member that died of Covid, or so that was the listed reason. She was 93, and was in decline before.

For the anti-maskers (understand I think it should be a personal choice), in my job I was around several cases of Covid and spent much time within 6ft. I also was required to mask and never got it. Over the holidays I was unmasked and never got within 6ft of a family member who tested positive shortly after. Within a few days and not being around anyone else, I was positive.

As far as my symptoms, I never felt I was in serious shape. I will say I had the worst headache that would not go away, and was so fatigued that every time I sat I went to sleep. Other than that, no other symptoms (no trouble breathing or even a cough).

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT