ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Biancardi picks Zion Williamson to commit to South Carolina over Clemson

He must not be very plugged into the situation. He’s going to clemson.

Don't take this the wrong way but i'm curious, are you?
A guy on TOS that is a basketball recruiting savant, said a month ago that Zion had been telling recruits he’s going to clemson.

Since then all predictions have been to clemson. I think from the outside looking in one would think he’s heading to SC because of our final four run.

The OP isn't doing anything but reporting what this guy said. But I still dont believe it

Reactions: jonesz21
Would a kid really change his mind simply because some other 5 star, who Zion probably doesn't even know that well. Told him too ?

I think it is still a long shot too, but one can hope for now...

No, one recruit won't follow another because he was "told" to, but because the other recruit sold him on the idea that it would be fun if they could play together on the same team.

I think it is still a long shot too, but one can hope for now...

No, one recruit won't follow another because he was "told" to, but because the other recruit sold him on the idea that it would be fun if they could play together on the same team.
Two 5 star guys could pull even more players.

I'm late to this recruiting party. I didn't realize why those of you who follow recruiting think we have an outside shot at Anfernee Simons too--that he and Bowen were both Louisville commitments. Hope Bowen can convince him to come to Carolina. I'm guessing that the scuttlebutt about Williamson leaning towards Clemson was?/is? true, but if both Bowen and Simons were to come to Carolina, would Williamson be swayed by the idea of going for a championship in their one year together--e.g. the Gamecock version of the Fab Five (in this case, the Thriller Three)? ;-)

Reactions: Proudcock
reader beware this newbie on GC is suspect.(i smell something) Williamson is quoted as not talking to Bowen and newbie fails to mention the other 2 "experts" on that panel today picked Clemson
The OP is just posting what he said. And this guy is the National recruiting head dude.

The OP is just posting what he said. And this guy is the National recruiting head dude.

yes, and i'm posting the other 2 recruiting, so called "experts" on that same panel picked Williamson to Clemson... fact is they are guessing

Reactions: jeff2001
reader beware this newbie on GC is suspect.(i smell something) Williamson is quoted as not talking to Bowen and newbie fails to mention the other 2 "experts" on that panel today picked Clemson
First of all I wasn't stating anything in my post just stating the fact that Paul Biancardi picked us to land Zion, with a video attached, secondly it was ZION himself who said on a interview with Jemele Hill on sportscenter that Bowen texted him the night before the interview. Not everyone new is "suspect"

First of all I wasn't stating anything in my post just stating the fact that Paul Biancardi picked us to land Zion, with a video attached, secondly it was ZION himself who said on a interview with Jemele Hill on sportscenter that Bowen texted him the night before the interview. Not everyone new is "suspect"
You didn't do anything wrong.

I appreciate the positivity but it ain’t happening. Tillman tech will $woop in at the la$t $econd to en$ure it.
I Don't think Clemson can buy a player with his integrity. Especially a kid that will be an NBA superstar soon after he soon after Frank takes next year's team deep in the NCAA tourney so he can experience March Madness.

Clemson has a lot of Seniors on this year's team so they will not have a good practice team or game team capable of making the NCAA tourney. He would be miserable there just pulling for the football team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wise Cock
Nah. Brad is a good guy and as long as he does ok, he will be fine at Clemson. They are having a nice year and like South Carolina, if you do that ever so often youll be fine.

The only reason Brownell was not fired at the end of last season is because of this Zion situation.

Reactions: bosoxcock
After watching Zion play the entire game last Saturday in Springfield, no doubt he could fit in here perfectly with one part of his game .... outside shooting!

This got my hopes up but then i read the Kentucky reports, with their commit Immanuel Quickley, commenting on Zion and sounds like Clemson, but i guess no one really knows

Last edited:
Maybe Paul Biancardi knows something, due to his contacts, that we don't.

Ok, he said the coach sticking with him through his injury and talking about life instead of sports, really made an impression on him. Was that Brad Browell or Frank Martin? Answer that and we have cracked the code.

Ok, he said the coach sticking with him through his injury and talking about life instead of sports, really made an impression on him. Was that Brad Browell or Frank Martin? Answer that and we have cracked the code.

It’s easy to stick with him when he has already told you he is coming to CleMson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT