ADVERTISEMENT

Paying recruits through the Church.....

This is supposedly how the Cam Newton transaction was handled but...

Aq3boYb.gif

I hope this gets legs and burns down the house.....yes, looking at you Clemson.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...how-many-teams-cheat-commit-major-violations/

Using churches has been a long standing way to hide illicit money transactions. There is little to no income accountability with even less on discretionary spending in a world where cash is dominat. Couple that with the hotter than hellfire heat that any politician or police official would be playing with if any real investigation was to occur. In their eyes it would have to be undeniable proof presented before they would ever look into...which almost never happens if officials are not willing to look.

Politically...churches are untouchable...and people that wish to move illicit money know that.

Reactions: GC2020
LOL, anonymous quotes from anonymous coaches saying "hey, the other guy is cheating". Wow, can't beat that for reliable, quality, investigative journalism.

Reactions: GC2020
Those coaches just have it out for the SEC, I wouldn't trust a thing they said about our conference.

On the other hand I know for a fact they are talking about Clemson and church donations to players. Quite a few of the elite coaches were getting pissed off about Newspring. A lot of smoke here!
I didn't see them mention any school or conference but the SEC. now how they figure that 80% of the SEC schools cheat, who would that leave? Vandy, ???!

I didn't see them mention any school or conference but the SEC. now how they figure that 80% of the SEC schools cheat, who would that leave? Vandy, ???!
They did mention the ACC. And 20% of the SEC is 2.8 (3 schools). Probably Vandy, Mizzou and us if I had to guess. I doubt UGA cheated under Richt, but probably are now. Not sure if Bama cheats - they may not have to. I don't think Florida cheated during Spurrier's years. But right now only USC, Vandy and Mizzou seem like they might not cheat (and that's not a guarantee). ON the other hand, Clemson's cheating is so obvious I still can't understand why they haven't been caught.

How does the church thing actually work?

What is the details of the mechanics?

Alumni/Coach puts money in the collection basket and when it goes by player grabs it before church collects? LOL

I don't understand the specifics of it? Was The New Spring Founder guy Perry is taking money as donations and then was giving it to the players at the church or something?

Alumni/Coach puts money in the collection basket and when it goes by player grabs it before church collects? LOL

I don't understand the specifics of it? Was The New Spring Founder guy Perry is taking money as donations and then was giving it to the players at the church or something?

Church makes donations to needy families. Just so happens the children of those families are 5 star football players.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Well lets document it and bust Clemson, its our best chance to stop this runaway train

I'm infiltrating the church as we speak. Posing as an aspiring youth group leader and huge clemson fan. telling them i want to help out in any way that I can. I can't give away anymore details without compromising my identity. I may have already said too much

How dare anyone infer that Dabo Swinney might be even remotely associated with anything crooked! This man is an absolute paragon of virtue, decency, and character. Now don't take my word for it .... just ask any Clemson fan.

Reactions: Cocky704 and 92Pony
Interesting about New Spring Church! Wonder if they are related in any way to Elevation Church here in Charlotte. They are a gigantic church run by a guy from Goose Creek named Steven Furtick, who is as coincidence would have it...a Huge Clemson fan!

Never heard that Furtick was a Clemson Fan.

All the fandom aside, New Spring and Elevation are not related but they follow the same business model and are thick as thieves. There is a ton of information but here are two quick ones.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/living/religion/article13896527.html

or

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/living/religion/article140908263.html

Also check out Dr. Jame's Duncan's website www.pajamapages.com Anderson College Professor who had and "interesting" interaction with NewSpring.

From an article on the board of overseers which is basically a group of other mega church pastors that set each others salaries.

Pastor Dino Rizzo (Healing Place Church – Baton Rough, LA), Dr. Jack Graham (Prestonwood Baptist Church – Plano, TX), Pastor Perry Noble (Newspring Church – Anderson, SC), Pastor Kevin Gerald (Champions Centre – Seattle, WA), Pastor Stovall Weems (Celebration Church – Jacksonville, FL), [and] Pastor Steven also serves on the Board, but does not vote on his salary."

If some of the theories in this thread are correct then there are a lot of Gamecock fans that contribute to Clemson.

Do what you want as far as your religious beliefs. But Elevation and NewSpring reek of old PTL shenanigans and prosperity gospel.

Never heard that Furtick was a Clemson Fan.

All the fandom aside, New Spring and Elevation are not related but they follow the same business model and are thick as thieves. There is a ton of information but here are two quick ones.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/living/religion/article13896527.html

or

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/living/religion/article140908263.html

Also check out Dr. Jame's Duncan's website www.pajamapages.com Anderson College Professor who had and "interesting" interaction with NewSpring.

From an article on the board of overseers which is basically a group of other mega church pastors that set each others salaries.

Pastor Dino Rizzo (Healing Place Church – Baton Rough, LA), Dr. Jack Graham (Prestonwood Baptist Church – Plano, TX), Pastor Perry Noble (Newspring Church – Anderson, SC), Pastor Kevin Gerald (Champions Centre – Seattle, WA), Pastor Stovall Weems (Celebration Church – Jacksonville, FL), [and] Pastor Steven also serves on the Board, but does not vote on his salary."

If some of the theories in this thread are correct then there are a lot of Gamecock fans that contribute to Clemson.

Do what you want as far as your religious beliefs. But Elevation and NewSpring reek of old PTL shenanigans and prosperity gospel.
I went to Elevation a few times when I first heard about it. Furtick is definitely a huge Clemson fan and told the audience when I was in attendance. He said that was the part of the reason he picked the Orange and White colors for the Elevation Church logo.
I agree about the PTL shenanigans, just a large Ponzi scheme where the pastor skims large amounts of money off the churchgoers.

If this thing were going to get legs with the NCAA, it already would have. We would be better served by finding a way to compete and win. Whatever illicit stuff they are doing now, if anything, they were also doing when we beat them five times in a row with the same guy coaching them. It was just earlier in the process.

Reactions: cocky4 and Cocky704
I went to Elevation a few times when I first heard about it. Furtick is definitely a huge Clemson fan and told the audience when I was in attendance. He said that was the part of the reason he picked the Orange and White colors for the Elevation Church logo.
I agree about the PTL shenanigans, just a large Ponzi scheme where the pastor skims large amounts of money off the churchgoers.

He's a huge douche with a punchable face no matter who he pulls for.

Here's how ya do it. Some, or at least the good ones, of the players come from one parent homes or grew up without some of the finer things in life. They can't afford to actually life away from home so the church donates to these players as charity in some form. It's coming from the church thus covering their "paws" one might say. Just a theory mind you of how it could be done;).

Perry is getting back in the game!

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/warrenthrockmorton/2017/08/07/perry-noble-second-chance-church/

Former NewSpring Pastor Perry Noble Incorporates Second Chance Church
August 7, 2017 by Warren Throckmorton 29 Comments
After NewSpring Church former pastor Perry Noble was fired by the church he founded, he went into a brief period of media silence. The firing related to alcohol use and family issues and the response was to enter rehab followed by a helping relationship with psychologist John Walker. More recently, Noble launched a consultation business called the Growth Company which targets both businesses and churches. Even more recently, Noble has been preaching at churches as a guest speaker. Now, apparently, Noble plans to launch a new church — Second Chance Church.

According to a filing with the South Carolina Secretary of State on 7/14/17, Perry Noble incorporated the Second Chance Church as a religious organization in South Carolina. The incorporation papers are routine for a church except that this church only requires three board members and they do not have to live within South Carolina.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/warrenthrockmorton/2017/08/07/perry-noble-second-chance-church/

After NewSpring Church former pastor Perry Noble was fired by the church he founded, he went into a brief period of media silence. The firing related to alcohol use and family issues and the response was to enter rehab followed by a helping relationship with psychologist John Walker. More recently, Noble launched a consultation business called the Growth Company which targets both businesses and churches. Even more recently, Noble has been preaching at churches as a guest speaker. Now, apparently, Noble plans to launch a new church — Second Chance Church.

According to a filing with the South Carolina Secretary of State on 7/14/17, Perry Noble incorporated the Second Chance Church as a religious organization in South Carolina. The incorporation papers are routine for a church except that this church only requires three board members and they do not have to live within South Carolina.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
He's a huge douche with a punchable face no matter who he pulls for.
First heard of this church the other day and went to their website, I was LOLing at how douchey this guy looks in the background videos. (Sorry, not trying to make fun of anyone's faith, it just looks strange to me seeing a guy that looks/dresses/acts like this as the preacher to someone who grew up in a traditional church).

Here's the website but don't go to it if a million Flash animations will crash your computer: http://elevationchurch.org/

We're about to get a dramatic demonstration of the phenomenon known as Preacher Religion.

Here's how ya do it. Some, or at least the good ones, of the players come from one parent homes or grew up without some of the finer things in life. They can't afford to actually life away from home so the church donates to these players as charity in some form. It's coming from the church thus covering their "paws" one might say. Just a theory mind you of how it could be done;).
yes, and of course, none of this has ever been reported by anyone over the 10 years it's supposedly been going on. Basically, what you are saying is that young men who chose to go to Clemson are taking money, through their families. Unless you can prove it, that makes you a giant douchebag.

Are we in the 20% of SEC schools not cheating?

Following this closely for the past 30 years, I'd argue the football cheaters in the SEC have been the entire SEC West plus Tennessee. The SEC East is relatively clean with the exception of the Vols, plus Florida routinely getting criminal behavior dismissed via their UF lawyer or by stacking the court with Gator boosters.

yes, and of course, none of this has ever been reported by anyone over the 10 years it's supposedly been going on. Basically, what you are saying is that young men who chose to go to Clemson are taking money, through their families. Unless you can prove it, that makes you a giant douchebag.
Douchebag?....hahaha.....I'll type slowly because I know you don't read fast. What I said was this is how it COULD be done. How they are actually paying, and yes they are, who knows but it's not in my pay grade to prove it but if anybody is it's them.

First heard of this church the other day and went to their website, I was LOLing at how douchey this guy looks in the background videos. (Sorry, not trying to make fun of anyone's faith, it just looks strange to me seeing a guy that looks/dresses/acts like this as the preacher to someone who grew up in a traditional church).

Here's the website but don't go to it if a million Flash animations will crash your computer: http://elevationchurch.org/

Check out his rap video.

This guy started crying throwing a fit when the local news asked him about the huge house he was building. He tried to keep it off the Tax Maps and GIS system. He then went on to preach about how it was a gift from God.

Again do what you want with your religion and money. I hate to see people that are searching for something taken advantage of. However the best lessons in life are often the hardest learned and a fool and his money are soon parted.

Check out his rap video.

This guy started crying throwing a fit when the local news asked him about the huge house he was building. He tried to keep it off the Tax Maps and GIS system. He then went on to preach about how it was a gift from God.

Again do what you want with your religion and money. I hate to see people that are searching for something taken advantage of. However the best lessons in life are often the hardest learned and a fool and his money are soon parted.

People seriously give this guy money? Wow

Reactions: GamecockArmy
Check out his rap video.

roll.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT