ADVERTISEMENT

Penn St NO fans

Some places may end up looking like Spring games in the fall...[/QUOTE said:
Penn State usually gets 80000 for the spring game and that is more that many teams get for the regular games.

PSU fans are really dedicated beyond belief

There won't be players either, just nobody wants to recognize that at this point. Too dangerous for fans, but players can play? Not going to fly. It's over.

I think you are correct. I heard a report today that stated a large percentage of people infected with Covid-19 has later developed heart issues. I just can't see a fall college football season being played this year. I could be wrong.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Might as well not even have the season.

Fans are integral to the college game experience. Far more so than any pro sport.

Last edited:
I think they knew there would be loses in revenue this year and are rolling with it. If they can make it through the season, the TV money will keep them afloat. The fewer people involved (including fans and stadium staff), the better the chance to play, and finish, the season.

Better to go with what may work, then roll the dice for some added stadium revenue.

Reactions: SlashElectric
I think you are correct. I heard a report today that stated a large percentage of people infected with Covid-19 has later developed heart issues. I just can't see a fall college football season being played this year. I could be wrong.
Old people.........

Must develop quickly. Covid-19 hasn't been prolific but a matter of months.

I think they knew there would be loses in revenue this year and are rolling with it. If they can make it through the season, the TV money will keep them afloat.

This is the money that will matter. Losing crowds for home games will hurt, a lot, but the TV money will keep them alive.

And face it, if we're not allowed to go to games, we will watch on TV.

Reactions: GivEmDaSpurs
This is the money that will matter. Losing crowds for home games will hurt, a lot, but the TV money will keep them alive.

And face it, if we're not allowed to go to games, we will watch on TV.

I do believe ratings would take somewhat of a hit. Watching a sporting event with no fans is downright boring. Especially for something like college football when there is so much crowd noise and the sounds of the bands etc. It'll just be like you're watching a practice.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I do believe ratings would take somewhat of a hit. Watching a sporting event with no fans is downright boring. Especially for something like college football when there is so much crowd noise and the sounds of the bands etc. It'll just be like you're watching a practice.

Some may feel.that way, yeah.

But the TV contracts still would pay the same, right? It's an already decided contract?

Some may feel.that way, yeah.

But the TV contracts still would pay the same, right? It's an already decided contract?

Yeah, money-wise I don't think it matters. There are probably tons of clauses and such though. I'm sure ESPN won't pay a full amount for only a 10 game schedule. Lawyers are pretty thorough, but it would be pretty thorough to have foreseen something like this.

I think they knew there would be loses in revenue this year and are rolling with it. If they can make it through the season, the TV money will keep them afloat. The fewer people involved (including fans and stadium staff), the better the chance to play, and finish, the season.

Better to go with what may work, then roll the dice for some added stadium revenue.
Loss of revenue is going to happen as you mentioned. This is why I think the schools that survive this will be the schools who managed their budgets over the past few years with TV contract money. Sounds obvious, but we will see alot of schools who haven't done this

There are questions about breathing high CO2 levels caused by face masks. Certainly don’t exercise with a mask on makes a good excuse for me not to exercise!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT