ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State coach rips basketball officials (link)

Sounds to me like he is a cry baby who is 53-70 into his 4th year at Penn. St. and soon maybe headed to the unemployment line

Refs miss calls, part of the game.. that outburst cost university 10k fine

This post was edited on 2/18 8:35 PM by bosoxcock

shame that a contest comes down to this type of call...

if it had been made w/ 1:50 n2 game another thing, but coach needs to speak the truth. league rules or not.

It was a "good" call against the Penn State player

The Penn State player moved toward and tripped the other player who then pulled down the Penn State player because he was breaking his fall. It is very subtle but if you look closely before the pull-down, you might see it.

Originally posted by bosoxcock:
Sounds to me like he is a cry baby who is 53-70 into his 4th year at Penn. St. and soon maybe headed to the unemployment line

Refs miss calls, part of the game.. that outburst cost university 10k fine

This post was edited on 2/18 8:35 PM by bosoxcock
Coaches should be allowed one "ref rant" per year. Just like a red challenge flag in college football.

Re: It was a "good" call against the Penn State player

Originally posted by vacock#:
The Penn State player moved toward and tripped the other player who then pulled down the Penn State player because he was breaking his fall. It is very subtle but if you look closely before the pull-down, you might see it.
That "tripping" contact was incidental. You can pause the video and see.

Re: It was a "good" call against the Penn State player

Originally posted by Cock_Donor:
Originally posted by vacock#:
That "tripping" contact was incidental. You can pause the video and see.
I can see where you would say that but his foot moved in the way of the other player (it didn't look like an accident), therefore, his tripping resulted in a foul, IMHO.

Originally posted by coastguardcock:

Coaches should be allowed one "ref rant" per year. Just like a red challenge flag in college football.
I like that! I guess that would be a conference policy and not the NCAA.

Refs make mistakes. Obviously with his record, he makes many more. He obviously is a Clemson fan at heart. You never really lose a game, just get robbed by a conspiracy amongst the refs. And I am sure John Swofford had something to do with it also. Cry me a river. Get better and a refs bad call may not matter nearly as much.

It looked like a moving screen. The guy was trying to act like a shield as the guy was moving down the court.That is why he is side-stepping, so he can keep an eye on both the defender and the dude that was supposed to get the ball to always stay between them so that MD couldn't get a defender on him. I think PSU was trying to bend the rules there and the ref wasn't having it.

This post was edited on 2/20 9:16 AM by ReadR00ster

Originally posted by midline:
Refs make mistakes. Obviously with his record, he makes many more. He obviously is a Clemson fan at heart. You never really lose a game, just get robbed by a conspiracy amongst the refs. And I am sure John Swofford had something to do with it also. Cry me a river. Get better and a refs bad call may not matter nearly as much.
I don't know midline....I recall Gamecock fans outraged after the push off in 2000 that wasn't called. For Gamecock fans faint of heart, you may not want to watch this 31 seconds of video.

The Catch II

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT