ADVERTISEMENT

Per this writer, USC is not a good football team. Link attached.

The blackout had nothing to do with our losing.
OKAY think what you wish, look at what happened the last official "Blackout" game,(i think Florida hung 50+ on SC) IMO it added more hype and more Pressure on the Young players, but again that is MY OPINION, you have yours... And i saw that same damned Black Cat!!

I am more than pleased at the progress made on defense. Our DBs are playing more aggressive ball as the season moves on and the D line is helping their cause. Our LB play has been pretty dang good. Whenever you have to check the roster as the season goes on to identify players playing well, it is a good sign. We have not had many major recruiting battle victories to speak of, so most of these young guys playing are successful evaluations who are coached up.

I get the offense criticism. Our best player was dominating before getting hurt. The offensive line has been impressive allowing for the injuries. We have a major upgrade at OL coach. We have not had a healthy RB yet and have mainly possession WRs as targets. Shi Smith will be good with time. The opponents are all over Hayden. I don't like to pick on a true sophomore QB, but Bentley is a disappointment, due to high expectations. We run certain plays to set up bigger plays, but we have missed 7 TDs by my count due to poor passes. It may be more if you count guys running wide open that Bentley does not see. I think he is doing a decent job, just not great yet. It is sometimes easier to score from 40 yards out than 5 yards out. We need to hit the big plays if we want to win 9 games. We may can win 7-8 games with status quo, but I hope we can help the defense out with at least 3-4 TDs per game offensively. Time will tell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT