ADVERTISEMENT

Per Twitter Bentley

Auburn is worse off than us. At least we have Bama standing in the way of our rival. Just think what it would be like to be Auburn and watch their rival win 5-6 National Championships in a row.

Auburn is worse off than us. At least we have Bama standing in the way of our rival. Just think what it would be like to be Auburn and watch their rival win 5-6 National Championships in a row.

Yeah, I would hate to beat our rival in the last 2 years and have won some SEC championships and a national championship in the last 10 years. Sucks to be them!

But they have still won the most recent two games in Auburn. So they are not worse off than us. It would tickle the crap out of me to be able to have bragging rights over UPC, even if they somehow wormed their way into winning the national championship that year - which they couldn't since a loss to us would certainly eliminate them, as weak as their league is.

Wonder if they’ll offer ‘lil Scott or the other tater co-o?
Can’t believe they would offer Bentley over those 2 offensive guru’s in the first place, lol.

Me, either, and I'm actually serious about that.
Co-O vs RB coach, seems like a no-brainer. Only explanation that makes sense is Gus, knowing he’s on his last chance and being an Offensive coach himself, was going for a “yes” man that would operate under his direction. And he thought the odds were better at getting BB for the role.

Reactions: agantt
Auburn has it bad. Georgia is a hated rival too and they seem to have passed auburn.

But make no mistake. Our situation is bad as well. Clemson has the best chance, of all teams, to make the CFP again and again and again. And as long as they do, Dabo can sell that stuff to the best recruits.

Reactions: Pole and 92Pony
Auburn has played for 2 NCs, won a NC, won multiple SEC Championships, and they have 3 seasons where they finished undefeated since we joined the SEC. How is it they are worse off than us? Yes, they have Bama as a rival, but at least they can beat their rival . We both play Georgia.

BB reportedly turned down a two year contract worth several million dollars? I’m very happy he stayed, but having a guaranteed contract and salary like that would be difficult for most to walk away from.

Wonder if they’ll offer ‘lil Scott or the other tater co-o?
Can’t believe they would offer Bentley over those 2 offensive guru’s in the first place, lol.
I think everyone here that is making a negative comment here forgot that Bentley was the coach that brought Byrnes HS to dominance in this State. And to do that, he installed a pretty darn good offensive system at Brynes and for a while, they were as powerful or more powerful than the present day Dutch Fork HS is in this state. So to say he does not know offense shows that you need to do a little more studying on your part and I would not doubt that his brain helps with the Gamecocks' present day offense.

I think everyone here that is making a negative comment here forgot that Bentley was the coach that brought Byrnes HS to dominance in this State. And to do that, he installed a pretty darn good offensive system at Brynes and for a while, they were as powerful or more powerful than the present day Dutch Fork HS is in this state. So to say he does not know offense shows that you need to do a little more studying on your part and I would not doubt that his brain helps with the Gamecocks' present day offense.
That’s why we are glad he is here and staying

Reactions: phillycock
https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...th-carolina/usc-football/article48724750.html

That’s why we are glad he is here and staying
The comment was not made about those that are glad that he is staying - it was directed to those that believe he would be less of an offensive coordinator than the two weasels at CU that got their offense from the little known HS coach at the time that is now at Arkansas. I just posted The State article that welcomed him back to SC.

Above post is more than correct. He is an excellent coach, and will be a good OC, and a good head coach if he gets that opportunity. But he gets downgraded by some just because he happens to be Jake's father. Their theory, I suppose, is that Muschamp cares much more about pleasing Bobby than he does about the millions of dollars he makes a year. Therefore, he let's Jake start over three other guys that are no doubt better, and any of the three would immediately take the program to elite status. But Bobby has some type of magical influence on Muschamp that prevents greatness from surrounding USC because Jake is the starter.

Above post is more than correct. He is an excellent coach, and will be a good OC, and a good head coach if he gets that opportunity. But he gets downgraded by some just because he happens to be Jake's father. Their theory, I suppose, is that Muschamp cares much more about pleasing Bobby than he does about the millions of dollars he makes a year. Therefore, he let's Jake start over three other guys that are no doubt better, and any of the three would immediately take the program to elite status. But Bobby has some type of magical influence on Muschamp that prevents greatness from surrounding USC because Jake is the starter.
I didn’t in any way intend to (and I don’t believe I did) insinuate that BB doesn’t know offense, isn’t qualified, or wouldn’t be a great OC. Much less speculate that he would do worse than the 2 tater bozo’s.
I was merely taking a swipe at tater fans and posers on this board that always claim other schools are coming after their co-ordinators whenever there’s an opening...and it never happens.

Reactions: Brace1
I’m surprised the two OC’s at Clemson haven’t left for a HC position even if outside the power five.

Reactions: 92Pony
I’m surprised the two OC’s at Clemson haven’t left for a HC position even if outside the power five.

Who even knows if they've ever been offered any other jobs? CU leaks things that build their brand, but keep other things close to the vest inside their Blabo propoganda room.

Elliott's name came up briefly for the GT HC position, but went no where. Blabo may have created that, who knows? It is very odd that schools that have had success like Clempsun has had recently, for NO ONE to come calling when jobs open up. I guess being the biggest midget in a conference full of midgets is the path of least resistance for their assistants, so they stay and reap the benefits. GT is a difficult HC position, Kansas State as well. Haven't heard of any other jobs that mentioned CU coaches.

Reactions: PC31 and Brace1
amen....champ worked way too hard to be a head coach and stay a head coach to be doing favors like that....

We will know when it bothers Auburn when they are ready to change the permanent opponent structure. To play Georgia every year while watching Bama get Tennessee hasnt worn thin yet

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT