ADVERTISEMENT

Per Twitter, Tebow leaving Columbia he has been called up.

If he's a shot in the arm for MiLB, that's fine.

You have to figure that every MLB franchise knows in advance that certain players likely won't make it to the show, but they still have to fill rosters at each level.

Besides, maybe he's a good role model for the youngsters.

The guy is almost 30 years old. They have to find out whether he will make it or not fast.Leaving him in single-a is not going to determine that. I'm sure some of it is about money but some of it is obviously about a timeline.

Reactions: Judson1
The guy is almost 30 years old. They have to find out whether he will make it or not fast.Leaving him in single-a is not going to determine that. I'm sure some of it is about money but some of it is obviously about a timeline.

^^^^this

Wow, all these posts and no one has hit the nail on the head yet? Well allow me to lift the veil. The Fireflies, though affiliated with the Mets, are not owned by them. Therefore, all the sellouts and hype Tebow was responsible for weren't putting money in the organization's pockets. He's now been promoted to a team that is owned by the Mets, and thus will more efficiently line the owners' pockets.
This is not seeing if he can make it to the bigs, nor even really a step closer. It's a strictly financial business decision.
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/d...ote-tim-tebow-heres-why-it-could-happen-soon/

And the ones hating on him are not cult like?
If Tebow had done for USC what he accomplished at Florida, I'd be out front advocating for his canonization. But he played for UF. Why does he have such a following here and elsewhere? There are other Christian athletes. Like a lot. But people act like star struck groupies about this guy. It's objectively weird.

He wasn't called "up" to Single - A Advanced in Florida because he's expected to do good. His stats are pretty horrible for a guy his age in Single A.

I don't hate Tim Tebow. Just that I don't like the idea that he is taking a spot for a younger player that's working his a** off that really deserves to be promoted instead of him and a publicity stunt of selling tickets on the Tim Tebow tour.

Wow, all these posts and no one has hit the nail on the head yet? Well allow me to lift the veil. The Fireflies, though affiliated with the Mets, are not owned by them. Therefore, all the sellouts and hype Tebow was responsible for weren't putting money in the organization's pockets. He's now been promoted to a team that is owned by the Mets, and thus will more efficiently line the owners' pockets.
This is not seeing if he can make it to the bigs, nor even really a step closer. It's a strictly financial business decision.
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/d...ote-tim-tebow-heres-why-it-could-happen-soon/

Perhaps, but the Mets are the fourth most valuable franchise in MLB valued at $2.05 billion. Selling more cheap tickets in single A and some overpriced hot dogs and soft drinks would be a rounding error in the Mets financials. This article is clearly grasping for a story.

If Tebow had done for USC what he accomplished at Florida, I'd be out front advocating for his canonization. But he played for UF. Why does he have such a following here and elsewhere? There are other Christian athletes. Like a lot. But people act like star struck groupies about this guy. It's objectively weird.
I like what he stands for but am not a uf or donkey fan and don't watch baseball other than college. I really couldn't care less about him but find if funny people come out of the woodwork just to put him down. There are a lot of Christian athletes so why do so many people want to hate on this one?

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I don't hate Tim Tebow. Just that I don't like the idea that he is taking a spot for a younger player that's working his a** off that really deserves to be promoted instead of him and a publicity stunt of selling tickets on the Tim Tebow tour.
Nobody's doing anyone wrong. A kid with real promise won't be impeded by a Tebow getting a shot. The pros know who can really play. And if he isn't the real deal, it won't be long before the experiment ends, just like it wasn't long with Michael Jordan.

Tebow is not good at baseball, at least relative to other professionals. He has plus power, if he can connect, but he doesn't do that enough. An he's really awful in the field.

But, I don't begrudge him for what he's doing, or the Mets for what they are doing. The Mets are taking advantage of a business opportunity, and they are ready to get more people in the seats in St. Lucie. Tebow's doing what he wants to do. Good for them.

If the Mets are smart, Tebow will play for every minor league team in their organization. Ticket and Jersey sales will be the driving factor. If Tebow accidentally gets a couple hits along the way, that will be an added bonus.

Reactions: Out of Conference

Tebow has no future in the major leagues. No one knows this better than the Mets.

Reactions: Out of Conference

Looking at their roster, it doesn't appear to me that Tebow is "taking" the spot of anyone of significance. I can't say for certain about the Mets, but since low-A is the first full season level, a lot of teams like to keep players there for a full year. So there isn't usually a ton of movement during the season out of low-A.

Good Luck to Tebow & I mean that sincerely. He always displayed a positive attitude & good sportsmanship. AND you NEVER heard about any off-field issues with the guy. Hope u make it even farther Tim.

Not only was he not involved in any off field issues but he prevented some off field issues of fellow teammates. One involved the guy that played for NE and was convicted of killing someone. Tebow, stopped a would be fight at a restaurant in Gainvilles involving the TE and some other people. At least Tim kept him out of trouble for a while.

Last edited:
A lot of people are considering Tebow a failure. I hardly call playing in the NFL for three years a failure. He is already a successful individual, by leading his team to a national championship and playing three years in the NFL.

Reactions: pisgah
Not only was he not involved in any off field issues but he prevented so off field issues of fellow teammates. One involved the guy that played for NE and was convicted of killing someone. Tebow, stopped a would be fight at a restaurant in Gainvilles involve the TE and some other people. At least Tim kept him out of trouble for a while.
Role model.

Reactions: Cybercock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT