ADVERTISEMENT

Per Twitter, Xavier Thomas's 2017 Ford Explorer has been recovered

3 car since committing to Clemson for a college kid. He must have a part time $200 per hour ice cream scooper job.

Reactions: PC31 and howard13
What happened to the Camaro he had just gotten shortly after he signed with new spring u?

DRmXqGNXkAExmn0.jpg

Why do these guys even flaunt that shite? I guess when you’re untouchable, and you’re basically telling the NCAA I wish a mf would, what does it matter? The interesting thing is, say XT enters that portal eventually for whatever reason? Or all the other former stud players? It’s not news that guys eventually get tired of the “family” and want out, or because there’s just too many 5*s. How do the boosters handle that? Can’t go public with it.

Why do these guys even flaunt that shite? I guess when you’re untouchable, and you’re basically telling the NCAA I wish a mf would, what does it matter? The interesting thing is, say XT enters that portal eventually for whatever reason? Or all the other former stud players? It’s not news that guys eventually get tired of the “family” and want out, or because there’s just too many 5*s. How do the boosters handle that? Can’t go public with it.
There was a great line in that 30 for 30 about The Pony Excess. I'm paraphrasing here: Many people think that when you pay the kid, you own the kid. No, the kid owns you.

So a college kid who doesn't have to pay for tuition, housing, or food either has to be getting paid by a booster or have a rich relative in order to own a car? Come on. When I was in school my family wasn't even close to rich. We had to pay for my tuition and all my living expenses, yet somehow I had a car.
Not every scholarship athlete is dirt poor. And even if one's family is poor, It is not a stretch to think they can afford a car payment when the student-athlete has no other expenses.
These are the type comments that make real accusations of cheating lose their credibility.

They flaunt it because they know they are protected. You have a coach on staff stating they take care of their players and have the in house resources to do it. Caught on tape and they fire the guy. Now it’s a non issue.

30 % of their athletes tested were positive for engancement drugs and they have everyone believing it must have been in the shampoo. ??? WTH

Reactions: PC31 and lostcock
There’s a difference in “having a car” and having a $40k+ F-150, totaling it, and getting a drop top Camaro. The insurance alone for a 18-20 year in SC for cars like that is probably in the 2-4000/year with no tickets, and I’ve recently been shopping for our newly 16 year old with Geico, where our premiums are dirt cheap. A good friend in HS got a full football scholarship, and his parents had good money, and he got a sweet late model Accord not a Camaro. Every family is different financially of course, and that’s especially true with an incarcerated parent.

I personally don’t care. If Kinlaw has a new Challenger, good. Maybe we learning. But either way, don’t piss on me and tell me it’s raining. Just don’t flaunt it all over Snapgram, but then I guess the response to that is why not?

Reactions: PC31 and Closer
I don’t know if XT was bought and paid for. Probably... but this thread is another example of US focusing on our rival. I also think it’s just wrong to automatically assume a family of color can’t afford a car payment.

Move on. Winners focus on winning.

Reactions: LazyIslander
I don’t know if XT was bought and paid for. Probably... but this thread is another example of US focusing on our rival. I also think it’s just wrong to automatically assume a family of color can’t afford a car payment.

Move on. Winners focus on winning.

Has zero to do with focusing on rival ! Sorry
Far from winners focusing on winning
If you do not see that I can’t help you

Reactions: lostcock
It’s not a color issue, it’s a Pops can’t even afford a can of beans, let alone a $1000 car note/insurance payment

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT