ADVERTISEMENT

Personal: Are you seeing your grandkids, kids who don't live with you, grandparents?

fowl_mood

Gold Member
Oct 28, 1998
Certainly this is one you may not feel comfortable answering, or does not apply. But, if it does, I'm curious because I am struggling mightily with this issue. We are not because of health issues and our age. I'm not at all pleased with our choice, nor my wife. But it's best for all, or is it?

To protect our parents, we have cut off visitation with their grandchildren. Our parents don't like it but it's in their best interest.

I am 40. We are not seeing either sides parents and not allowing the kids to see grandkids. FaceTime all day.

I’d rather not see them for a while then bury them
I appreciate your taking the lead willingly. There are a lot of kids who would not assume that position because of their own needs. Your grandparents are lucky. Good for you.

And if they hassle you to see the kids, tell em to take a nap!

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Both of my daughters and my grandson live here in Columbia and we are not seeing each other. We are sure burning up the phone lines though.

No, we are not allowing my girls to see my parents, who are in their mid to late 70's, or any of the rest of the family either. Sad because today is my middle daughters' 11th birthday.

No. Not letting children see grandparents. Grandparents understand.

We are also keeping my niece and nephew 3 days a week because the grandparents normally watch them so that’s out now.

Although I’ve been following similar guidelines, I can’t help but think isolation from family and close friends is counterproductive.

My parents are 79 and 75 and mom has several health issue. They are not permitted to leave their house and we are not visiting them. FaceTime only.

I saw two out of three of my grandchildren today, in their home. The elder, a young lady, turned 21 today, so yes, I went to see her. She has just been through a bad break-up and had this year away at college abruptly halted. I went to see her.

I’m 66 retired, wife is 56 and still working (food service director local school district.) Her parents are in their 70s and we are not visiting them right now. As for me, I am keeping my grandchildren during the day because their daycares have ceased operations and the parents are still working. I’m in pretty good shape, work out every day and my wife has to go out and be around people every day anyway. What are ya gonna do? If it gets me it gets me, but i think I’ve already had it about two months back.

if
Certainly this is one you may not feel comfortable answering, or does not apply. But, if it does, I'm curious because I am struggling mightily with this issue. We are not because of health issues and our age. I'm not at all pleased with our choice, nor my wife. But it's best for all, or is it?
nothing else call, text, email, make whatever contact you can. It is a tough few weeks. But the sooner everyone complies, the sooner we can start enjoying life once again.

Reactions: ddw1263
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT