ADVERTISEMENT

Pete Leota

Damn sure hope we get him.. We need some big boys up front.. At one time, I thought he was ours to lose. Haven't heard anything new about him though.. Keeping fingers crossed..

Reactions: nikolas22
After Leota's camp here, he was given the nickname "El Toro" by Elliott. He seemed to really like that as he mentioned it in an interview. Would be a good pickup.

At one time I thought it was between uncarolina and us. But, now of course it has changed to us or VT. I sure hope we get him.

He is suppose to announce today at noon while standing on the 50 yard line of the Asheville HS football field.

Last edited:
At one time I thought it was between uncarolina and us. But, now of course it has changed to us or VT. I sure hope we get him.

He is suppose to announce today at noon while standing on the 50 yard line of the Asheville HS football field.

High drama.

I think he's USC's. After his VT visit USC still led and he really liked the fans and atmosphere the other night vs. Kentucky

He is the most highly recruited player in WNC this year according to WLOS. Those recruiting services don't always get things right when it comes to player evaluations.

Well, then you also look at the offer list. No disrespect intended toward the young man, but App. St. and a handful of ACC offers doesn't exactly inspire optimism with regard to his talent level. I understand 5* OL don't grow on trees, but dang....

Well, then you also look at the offer list. No disrespect intended toward the young man, but App. St. and a handful of ACC offers doesn't exactly inspire optimism with regard to his talent level. I understand 5* OL don't grow on trees, but dang....

Number 1 Draft Choice 2013

Eric Fisher
Rivals Rating2 stars
RANKINGS
POSITION NATIONAL STATE
no rating no rating no rating
Rivals Rating 5.2 About
ERICFISHER10_31150.JPG
View Photo Gallery (1)

Offensive tackle
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Stoney Creek
View Map
  • Ht:6'7"
  • Wt:260 lbs
  • Class:2009 (High School)
College Choices

School
Interest Offer Visit Recruited by
Cent. Michigan
COMMITTED (07/29/2008) Offered None

Last edited:
Oh, so that's the key to success? We need to go get ALL unoffered guys, or beat out Elon, S. Dakota St. and Gardner Webb for all of our OL needs? Got it!! o_O

C'mon man.... You don't see Alabama doing that. Of course, we aren't Bama, but the point is, ODDS are in your favor when you recruit the caliber guys that everyone is after (not even mentioning stars).

That having been said, this kid is a Gamecock now, and I hope he becomes a star!! Welcome to Gamecock Nation big fella!

Oh, so that's the key to success? We need to go get ALL unoffered guys, or beat out Elon, S. Dakota St. and Gardner Webb for all of our OL needs? Got it!! o_O

C'mon man.... You don't see Alabama doing that. Of course, we aren't Bama, but the point is, ODDS are in your favor when you recruit the caliber guys that everyone is after (not even mentioning stars).

That having been said, this kid is a Gamecock now, and I hope he becomes a star!! Welcome to Gamecock Nation big fella!
We aren't Alabama. We should be better than them. They spit their white trash state with another sec team. We should eat Clemson alive and be top 5 every year. Spurrier is probably the best offense mind in the country. He knows when a 2 stars is a 5 start in college.

Reactions: CliffordII
OL is the least of all positions that rankings matter. I will be happy if he decides to commit to SC.

I know that centers are extremely difficult to judge as to how well they will perform on the college level and probably all offensive lineman for that matter.

I know that centers are extremely difficult to judge as to how well they will perform on the college level and probably all offensive lineman for that matter.
Kentucky fan here. Randall Cobb was a two star and is having a great career with Green Bay. I'm in the camp that hopes the coaches eye for talent is better than a rating service.

Nobody puts down high school kids like FGF.

Reactions: anon_n4c0cp5zhdxn7
Jeeze the whining and crying on here is ridiculous.

I won't say stars don't mean anything because they do.....but 2* do turn into 5* sometimes.

Here's a few 2* & 3* from USC who made it pretty well off....via Rivals.

Ko Simpson
Jamon Meredith
Jonathan Joseph
Sidney Rice
Jarriel King
Lemuel Jeanpierre
Kenny McKinley
Darian Stewart
Jasper Brinkley
Casper Brinkley
Terrence Campbell
Eric Norwod
Patrick DiMarco
T.J. Johnson
Devin Taylor
Justice Cunningham
D.J. Swearinger
Dylan Thompson
Connor Shaw
Nick Jones
Corey Robinson
Shon Carson
Brandon Wilds
Busta Anderson
Ryan Succop
Jared Cook
Captain Munnerlyn

Nobody puts down high school kids like FGF.

I wasn't trying to put the kid down - Just said based on the ranking given by recruiting services ( Note: I didn't have input into the ranking he was given), and on the list of other schools that have offered a scholarship (I had no say in whether any of the 120~ D1 schools offering a 'ship or not) that I've drawn a conclusion that we should maybe be pursuing kids with a higher skill level.

I swear, some of you guys are clueless as to what you are talking about when it comes to this stupid star business. Do you even realize that there are only 2 - THAT'S TWO - 5 star offensive linemen in the entire NATION. Nobody is signing 5* offensive linemen, because "THERE AIN'T NONE"(sic). There are only about 15 four star Olinemen that are even in our recruiting area. We are not going to waste time recruiting guys out of California, Michigan, and New York. It would be a waste of time and money. If we don't sign 3 star and 2 star linemen then we ain't signing any linemen. Is that what you prefer?

Rivals is a joke. According to Jim Baxter, the foremost authority on High School football in SC, most of the guys voting on this star business aren't even capable of evaluating talent. They wouldn't know what they were looking at on film even if "you broke it down for them"(quote from yesterday's interview).

I swear, some of you guys are clueless as to what you are talking about when it comes to this stupid star business. Do you even realize that there are only 2 - THAT'S TWO - 5 star offensive linemen in the entire NATION. Nobody is signing 5* offensive linemen, because "THERE AIN'T NONE"(sic). There are only about 15 four star Olinemen that are even in our recruiting area. We are not going to waste time recruiting guys out of California, Michigan, and New York. It would be a waste of time and money. If we don't sign 3 star and 2 star linemen then we ain't signing any linemen. Is that what you prefer?

Rivals is a joke. According to Jim Baxter, the foremost authority on High School football in SC, most of the guys voting on this star business aren't even capable of evaluating talent. They wouldn't know what they were looking at on film even if "you broke it down for them"(quote from yesterday's interview).

Thank you JGH 35! Bringing some actual knowledge to this board of idiots. No wonder The State is always looking for negative slants on USC. There apparently is a significant percentage of locals that want to be miserable.

I agree. Go start your own board to post all negative things. We don't need it.
I don't mind some back and forth discussion, even if it's negative, but posting something derogatory about a recruit is uncalled for. All these kids are to some posters are just stars.

NFL All Pro 2014

Josh Sitton
Rivals Rating2 stars
RANKINGS
POSITION NATIONAL STATE
no rating no rating no rating
Rivals Rating 5.1 About
dbasephotos_football.jpg

Defensive tackle
Pensacola, Florida
Catholic
View Map
  • Ht:6'4"
  • Wt:295 lbs
  • 40:5 secs
  • Bench Max:315
  • Squat Max:500
  • GPA:2.6
  • ACT:21
  • Class:2004 (High School)

I know what you are saying but you are pulling out the 1/1000 guys. 5* guys get drafted at about a 60% rate and 2* guys get drafted at a 10% rate. Can a 2* be great, of course they can, but alot more of them do not

I know what you are saying but you are pulling out the 1/1000 guys. 5* guys get drafted at about a 60% rate and 2* guys get drafted at a 10% rate. Can a 2* be great, of course they can, but alot more of them do not

You are correct in general., but not about OLinen.too many factors cannot be measured. Too much remains to be learned after high school. Too little competition in high svhool . Too much muscle to add and footwork to learn

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT