ADVERTISEMENT

Peter Tork Dead at 77

Its painful and sobering watching watching the icons of my youth pass on one by one. I really like their first three albums or so, then they got artsy. Everyone probably knows already, but their session musicians were individuals collectively known as the Wrecking Crew, and included Glen Campbell and Leon Russell.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
I just heard about it, I feel bad I was not aware of this earlier, or if I did hear, and it completely slipped my memory. Jeez, getting older is a bitch.
That memory thing..... I feel your pain.

It's also strange how as we are getting older, those who influenced us, and we have memories of from our youth have gotten older along with us, and they're beginning to leave us in increasing numbers. They're becoming so numerous that it's kind of hard to keep up. I find myself seeing a singer's, or actor's name and thinking, "are they still living?" - Funny and sad at the same time.

Obligatory
2d45a813a5806575dbc14415f381aed809f5603922e0de5e215a3c9bbcf1aa5f.jpg

Its painful and sobering watching watching the icons of my youth pass on one by one. I really like their first three albums or so, then they got artsy. Everyone probably knows already, but their session musicians were individuals collectively known as the Wrecking Crew, and included Glen Campbell and Leon Russell.

Glen Campbell was one of the most talented individuals you'll ever see.

Glen Campbell was one of the most talented individuals you'll ever see.
Some may not know this, but Glen as a session musician appeared on many popular songs such as You've Lost That Loving Feeling, Strangers In The Night, and many more. He not only played on the Beach Boys Pet Sounds album, but toured briefly with them as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT