ADVERTISEMENT

PFF predicts 4.7 wins

So basically they're saying W's against E. Illinois, E Carolina, Troy, Vandy, and 1 surprise.
I'm very leery of that ECU game (on the ROAD 😒).

I've predicted 4 wins, but that might not be one of them. I could see us dropping that one and maybe surprising another conference team later in the season.

honestly that's generous given we only won 2 games last year and lost a lot going into this year. if we get a 5 win season we should really be celebrating

The win total will be largely dependent on how other teams are performing, but there is no reason South Carolina can’t surprise and hit 6 or 7 wins, especially with teams like Tennessee and Auburn in upheaval, and Kentucky starting over again on offense.

Muschamp left behind a flawed roster, but one with plenty of talent. Beyond his inability to put structured game plans in place and adjust, the past two seasons have seen some bad injury luck, coupled with the team giving up when they realized the coaching staff was done last year. Still, they were competitive in four games they lost in 2019 and competitive in four games they lost in 2020.

I don’t know that Beamer and his staff will be any better than Muschamp, but a better prepared, motivated, and focused team could see more wins than what we’d expect. Jim McElwain is only a bat average competent head coach, and he immediately saw how silly Muschamp had been with how he prepared and deployed his Florida teams. And he immediately took what people thought were highly flawed, but talented teams to back to back SEC Championship games, when a lot of people had them earmarked for a couple average/down seasons.

honestly that's generous given we only won 2 games last year and lost a lot going into this year. if we get a 5 win season we should really be celebrating

Wouldnt the main difference then be the 3 ooc patsies that weren't on the schedule last year?

The win total will be largely dependent on how other teams are performing, but there is no reason South Carolina can’t surprise and hit 6 or 7 wins, especially with teams like Tennessee and Auburn in upheaval, and Kentucky starting over again on offense.

Muschamp left behind a flawed roster, but one with plenty of talent. Beyond his inability to put structured game plans in place and adjust, the past two seasons have seen some bad injury luck, coupled with the team giving up when they realized the coaching staff was done last year. Still, they were competitive in four games they lost in 2019 and competitive in four games they lost in 2020.

I don’t know that Beamer and his staff will be any better than Muschamp, but a better prepared, motivated, and focused team could see more wins than what we’d expect. Jim McElwain is only a bat average competent head coach, and he immediately saw how silly Muschamp had been with how he prepared and deployed his Florida teams. And he immediately took what people thought were highly flawed, but talented teams to back to back SEC Championship games, when a lot of people had them earmarked for a couple average/down seasons.
Isn't that where we are right now ?

If we don’t get at least 4, the season is a disaster. That’s the floor. I think we can get 5. 6 is the ceiling.

I'm very leery of that ECU game (on the ROAD 😒).

I've predicted 4 wins, but that might not be one of them. I could see us dropping that one and maybe surprising another conference team later in the season.
Agree. I think SC gets 4 wins. It's hard to see 5 wins on that schedule. If Beamer gets to 6 and a bowl game, he's coach of the year.

It completely depends on how well the offensive staff can coach the guys. There is talent on this team it has just not had any coaching or development on the offensive side outside of possibly RB.

That said I can’t really disagree with this assessment. Four should be the minimum, 5 is probably a good chance and 6 or more is just an exceptional year. It feels bad saying that but it’s the state we are left in from the Muschamp/Tanner program.

We ought to get the 4 wins discussed above. It would not be super shocking if we were to pick off UT and/or UK.

ECU has historically been a tricky matchup for us, and it's in Greenville for some unknown reason, but they've been in the dumpster since 2015. We won't roll them, but we should win.

The way I see it we should cruise to 3 wins, win #4 won't be a cakewalk but should be likely, we'll have 2 games in which we have a shot and 6 games without much of a chance.

Last edited:
I think Gamecock Nation as a whole is hoping for 6-6. Me included. I’m a lifer and used to the bitter disappointment of being a Gamecock fan. But I really think getting to 6 wins is vital to inject some excitement and positive energy into recruiting. We need to find a way, any way, to get to six victories. Go Cocks!

5 win season seems about right, but I think we have the potential for more. Our game day coaching the past five years has been a joke. Will Beamer and staff be able to coach’em up?

I’m cautiously optimistic. If for no other reason that we are long overdue to catch a break. As great as 2010-2013 was, the last 7 years have been rough.

ADVERTISEMENT