ADVERTISEMENT

PGA Ticket Question

waytogo

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Has anyone been to PGA ?
What were people selling tickets for?

I'm from Charlotte born and raised. I love this place, and have participated big time in it's boom. Quail Hollow is a special place that went un appreciated for a looong time. That said they sold too many tickets, the concessions are horrible and it's a cluster. Save your money and come to the WF next year. I will never buy anymore PGA tickets again if they don't change this crap.

I went to practice round Tuesday. Course is in awesome condition, and very different from past WF tournaments. $11 for this is kinda "gougy" though...

1324771643968394702.jpg

Paid about $100 for tickets yesterday. Been the the WF before but yeah, Quail Hollow has a some strong finishing holes that should make for some Sunday drama if it's tight down the stretch. A LOT of people, concessions were slow unless you got off the beaten path (and away from the featured groups). One positive was that I got to chat with Tom Fazio (re-designed the course in the 90's and for the PGA) about the changes. Interesting to get some perspective on the architectural side of things. I also thought Charlotte did good with traffic getting people in/out of the tournament. The President's Cup should be a lot of fun in 2021.

Paid about $100 for tickets yesterday. Been the the WF before but yeah, Quail Hollow has a some strong finishing holes that should make for some Sunday drama if it's tight down the stretch. A LOT of people, concessions were slow unless you got off the beaten path (and away from the featured groups). One positive was that I got to chat with Tom Fazio (re-designed the course in the 90's and for the PGA) about the changes. Interesting to get some perspective on the architectural side of things. I also thought Charlotte did good with traffic getting people in/out of the tournament. The President's Cup should be a lot of fun in 2021.
What would be your suggestion from a fan's perspective to see the Tournment. Going Sunday.
Ex. At Masters I would put my chairs out at 16. Then I would go follow Jordon or whoever fo a while. Then go back to seats.

I'm from Charlotte born and raised. I love this place, and have participated big time in it's boom. Quail Hollow is a special place that went un appreciated for a looong time. That said they sold too many tickets, the concessions are horrible and it's a cluster. Save your money and come to the WF next year. I will never buy anymore PGA tickets again if they don't change this crap.
What would be your suggestion from a fan's perspective to see the Tournment. Going Sunday.
Ex. At Masters I would put my chairs out at 16. Then I would go follow Jordon or whoever fo a while. Then go back to seats. First time at Quail Hollow understand your issues.

Ex. At Masters I would put my chairs out at 16. Then I would go follow Jordon or whoever fo a while. Then go back to seats.

I like to walk around to get a feel for the course (walked close to 8 miles yesterday). As for areas to post up, I'm partial to the par 3 13th (nice bowled in green area), the driveable par 4 14th (can look out across the lake towards 16 and 17 as well) or the grandstand area at 7 (short par 5 with the pond to the right and quite the real estate). These are all areas on the outer edges of the course so they aren't central but I like them. Plus yesterday we had a parking pass with access the Quail Hollow neighborhood so it's where we came into the course instead of the bus lot by the driving range.

Very poor review. Just returned today. Very organized, very short lines and small crowds. Was never more than two deep and we watched groups at every hole. Concessions are expensive. $20 for a round of two beers. We had access to the wanamaker club.

Poor review?? Are you calling me a liar?? I went Thursday and maybe people piped up and they improved things..Jeez man...I was born here, and live here and know some of the people that brought the tournament here. My parents live in 7 Eagles. I have tickets that gave me access to the Wannamaker Club, but I was very disturbed by what I saw for the regular fan. They sold 20 k more tickets than they do for the Wells. I know what I'm talking about.

Poor review?? Are you calling me a liar?? I went Thursday and maybe people piped up and they improved things..Jeez man...I was born here, and live here and know some of the people that brought the tournament here. My parents live in 7 Eagles. I have tickets that gave me access to the Wannamaker Club, but I was very disturbed by what I saw for the regular fan. They sold 20 k more tickets than they do for the Wells. I know what I'm talking about.
I am telling you everything you said about the tourney was untrue for Saturday's round. Don't care if you were born in the clubhouse, it wasn't true for Saturday. Maybe folks didn't turn out Saturday because the chance of rain but it certainly wasn't overcrowded and was very organized.

Well tell that to all of the people that about fell out Thursday and Friday because they couldn't get a 8 dollar water.

Well tell that to all of the people that about fell out Thursday and Friday because they couldn't get a 8 dollar water.
I will tell those people that Saturday wasn't an issue. I can only speak for Saturday. I was there all day and there weren't any issue. I visited several venders and the lines were reasonable. Could have been a disaster Thursday, Friday and Sunday but Saturday was beyond my expectations (outside of the prices for food / beer).

If you weren't there, and couldn't speak to the validity of my "Review", then you shouldn't have posted about it.

If you weren't there, and couldn't speak to the validity of my "Review", then you shouldn't have posted about it.
Loser- I was there Saturday and I had a good experience. Almost completely opposite of what you posted / suggested. I made it clear it was my experience on Sat. I'm grateful I didn't take avoid the tourney after reading your crappy review.

You are a big man calling names and insulting them behind a computer screen. Go back to Austria.

ADVERTISEMENT