ADVERTISEMENT

Picks From The Prophet. Volume 3. Week 2.

Aug 31, 2018
Hey folks!

Had great success with the week 1 picks, so let's keep this gravy train rolling into an incredibly exciting week 2!

So. Cal. v. Stanford - Stanford had trouble initially with San Diego St. before pulling away. Can they get Bryce Love going this week? USCwest is starting a true freshman, which seems like a recipe for disaster against a disciplined team. Stanford wins this one 28-17.

MSU v. KSU - That MSU coach is getting a lot of love, but it'll be interesting to see if the walking dead (Snyder) has something up his sleeve. KSU keeps it close early, but Nicky Fitz and the pups pull away 35-21.

UF v. UK - Are the Gators back or was last week a product of playing Charleston Southern. I think it's a bit of both. They win but don't look nearly as good as last week. 28-20.

Pickens v. TAMU - I hate both of these teams a lot so I don't care to go into too much analysis. Pickens is not as good as the liberal media would like you to believe. Unfortunately they win 24-21.

USC v. Athens U. - Game of the week folks. This one has been circled on the calendar for a while now, and it's going to live up to the hype. Fromm's only true road experience was last year at Auburn and the pups got blown out (Don't bring up the ND game or all the neutral site trash he's played in. Boys soft and we all know, as evidenced by his snapchat). Their defense is breaking in some new talent, and losing their top d-lineman hurts. Home field advantage will be huge, helping us force three turnovers, and we'll connect on a few deep play action passes. Cocks 31-24.

I love yall.

Go Cocks!

Reactions: Lomofan
Very solid analysis, prophet. I agree with everything except Florida-Kentucky. I actually think Stoops pulls a rabbit out of his hat and his defense frustrates Franks all day. Kentucky finally snaps the streak 24-17. Mullen and the Gator faithful are humbled yet again.

Nice post, thanks for sharing.

I don't think Clemson covers their spread, but that's my bias. This weekend will reveal a lot.

Hey folks!

Had great success with the week 1 picks, so let's keep this gravy train rolling into an incredibly exciting week 2!

So. Cal. v. Stanford - Stanford had trouble initially with San Diego St. before pulling away. Can they get Bryce Love going this week? USCwest is starting a true freshman, which seems like a recipe for disaster against a disciplined team. Stanford wins this one 28-17.

MSU v. KSU - That MSU coach is getting a lot of love, but it'll be interesting to see if the walking dead (Snyder) has something up his sleeve. KSU keeps it close early, but Nicky Fitz and the pups pull away 35-21.

UF v. UK - Are the Gators back or was last week a product of playing Charleston Southern. I think it's a bit of both. They win but don't look nearly as good as last week. 28-20.

Pickens v. TAMU - I hate both of these teams a lot so I don't care to go into too much analysis. Pickens is not as good as the liberal media would like you to believe. Unfortunately they win 24-21.

USC v. Athens U. - Game of the week folks. This one has been circled on the calendar for a while now, and it's going to live up to the hype. Fromm's only true road experience was last year at Auburn and the pups got blown out (Don't bring up the ND game or all the neutral site trash he's played in. Boys soft and we all know, as evidenced by his snapchat). Their defense is breaking in some new talent, and losing their top d-lineman hurts. Home field advantage will be huge, helping us force three turnovers, and we'll connect on a few deep play action passes. Cocks 31-24.

I love yall.

Go Cocks!

Just what we need...another self-proclaimed expert

Sorry to be a troll but it's been oh so entertaining this week.
Georgia has 21 5*s on its team, including 2 5* quarterbacks, a coach that has been a part of 5 national championships, a massive offensive line (more 5*s), and a stable of offensive weapons.

Reactions: DawgedOut
Delusional on UGA. Are you relying on actual research or just your prophetic power? You left out a lot of pertinent details.

I think I mentioned a few details. Only true road test last year was a beat down by Auburn (there were more dawgs than Irish in South Bend), you returned five defensive starters (four will play with Ledbetter going down), and USC's offense has been overhauled since last season.

Do you want me to include a breakdown of play type percentage, snap counts, and who practiced well this week? It's supposed to be a fun post.

Can you tell the board what kind of music are you into, Keith? Are you a recording artist?

Hate you.

Go Cocks!

Georgia has 21 5*s on its team, including 2 5* quarterbacks, a coach that has been a part of 5 national championships, a massive offensive line (more 5*s), and a stable of offensive weapons.

They are also led by a QB who has played exactly one good team in a hostile environment. That ended in a 40-17 drumming on the plains of Auburn.

I hate to break it to you, but Georgia's RB room isn't better without Michel and Chubb and the defense lost a ton of starters and experience.

Stars don't show up in the box score. High school accomplishments don't mean a thing right now. We're the more experienced team and are at home.

Muschamp is 26-1 when scoring 30 or more points. I think we score 30 points against a depleted defense.

What ????
I've heard of East Coast bias, but this is totally new.

Let’s see how well those star ratings help them on the field Saturday. Someone’s perception of them 21 5*s you speak of doesn’t change the fact that they still have to suit up and go play the game. Some of those five star players are not going to live up to their rating and some might not live up to it till their juniors or seniors. Our own Deebo Samuel was a 3 star coming out of high school so that’s proof that star ratings don’t play on the field.

Don't worry about Keith. He is a wet blanket and has no concept of a "fun" post. "If its not backed up with reams of hard data and research then you shouldn't be allowed to post your score prediction..." Although, I don't recall ever seeing Keith's prediction...

I can't wait to see the play where UGA has all those 5* on the field at the same time, especially the two 5* QB's. Maybe its a play where they line up on separate sides of the field and throw the ball back and forth...

Georgia came back and beat Auburn in the SEC championship game soundly. Notre Dame is certainly considered a road test, and they are a very high-quality team. We also went neck and neck with Alabama in the national championship. And B Baker Mayfield Heisman Trophy winner in the Rose Bowl.
I guess you can say he at home team advantage,but last time Georgia came there two years ago, they won by two touchdowns.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Let’s see how well those star ratings help them on the field Saturday. Someone’s perception of them 21 5*s you speak of doesn’t change the fact that they still have to suit up and go play the game. Some of those five star players are not going to live up to their rating and some might not live up to it till their juniors or seniors. Our own Deebo Samuel was a 3 star coming out of high school so that’s proof that star ratings don’t play on the field.
There's a reason the Dawgs are -10.5.

There's a reason the Dawgs are -10.5.

You guys are more talented! I get it, but so was Auburn against UCF last year, so was Texas against Maryland, so is Penn State against Appalachian State (I bet their fans didn’t expect that to be a game).

You guys are more talented! I get it, but so was Auburn against UCF last year, so was Texas against Maryland, so is Penn State against Appalachian State (I bet their fans didn’t expect that to be a game).
Big difference is Kirby respects Muschamp and South Carolina and I'm not sure that can be said in those other games. Also, we've heard all spring and summer about how this was one of our toughest games (top 2 or 3 at the very least) all year. We've been focusing on this game for months. Nothing is a sure thing, it's CFB, but we're focused and I like our chances.

Think 2010, Playing UGA at home.

That’s how it’s going down

Side note: Clemson is going to lose

Very solid analysis, prophet. I agree with everything except Florida-Kentucky. I actually think Stoops pulls a rabbit out of his hat and his defense frustrates Franks all day. Kentucky finally snaps the streak 24-17. Mullen and the Gator faithful are humbled yet again.
Good call. Loved to see that.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Hey folks!

I love yall.

Go Cocks!
I will say this Prophet... 4-1 ATS is getting it done. Very impressive especially since your only miss involved the heart. You've had a stellar 2 weeks.

Don't worry about Keith. He is a wet blanket and has no concept of a "fun" post. "If its not backed up with reams of hard data and research then you shouldn't be allowed to post your score prediction..." Although, I don't recall ever seeing Keith's prediction...

I can't wait to see the play where UGA has all those 5* on the field at the same time, especially the two 5* QB's. Maybe its a play where they line up on separate sides of the field and throw the ball back and forth...
I was thinking 35-20 Georgia, but never posted. Looks like I was too conservative. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT