ADVERTISEMENT

Plans for big renovations at Williams-Brice Stadium revealed

I'm despairing of ever seeing any meaningful improvements down at the North end zone. They're going to do whatever they have to not to raze the Floyd building. They could do what they ought to do to the stadium and name something else for those people.

I'm despairing of ever seeing any meaningful improvements down at the North end zone. They're going to do whatever they have to not to raze the Floyd building. They could do what they ought to do to the stadium and name something else for those people.
give em a commemorative brick outside the stadium like the rest of us bought.

What do you suggest they do to the north end zone?

What do you suggest they do to the north end zone?
I have laid out my vision for that section on several occasions. I'm not inclined to go into the same degree of detail today. Suffice it to say that my plans are more grandiose and do not include the Floyd building, which is proving to be more sacrosanct than the Sistine Chapel.

I'd like to see a huge renovation, if you will, or add the majority of our money toward boosting the wins of the home team.

Reactions: lostcock
I have laid out my vision for that section on several occasions. I'm not inclined to go into the same degree of detail today. Suffice it to say that my plans are more grandiose and do not include the Floyd building, which is proving to be more sacrosanct than the Sistine Chapel.
The fact that this renovation is going to use the building tells me we are stuck with it forever. They might take out the north stands and make that whole area "field view club" where you stand. It's popping up all around stadiums. They'll move students to fill in the east upper corners.

My Risk Management meter just exploded.
I'll even do one better. They will stop selling bottled water at all USC events within the next two years. You'll still buy bottle water but they'll pour it into a cup. I'm seeing that big change all over stadiums too.

I'll even do one better. They will stop selling bottled water at all USC events within the next two years. You'll still buy bottle water but they'll pour it into a cup. I'm seeing that big change all over stadiums too.
Well it's not like they have enough water as it is. One would think that they would employ what they do at the ballpark during hot games. Have buckets of ice water that people can dip their rally towels in. Those things are AWESOME.

Reactions: robertfootball
We have the most boring end zones in college football. I'll donate the extra $19.95 to do one end zone in Garnet Chalk ... BUT WAIT!!! If they act today, I'll chip in the extra processing fee so they can do both end zones, one in Garnet, the other in Black ... our school colors.

Seems like a boring renovation. I’m sure it’ll be nice, but the big piece will only impact a small group of fans in the 2001 zone.

The fact that this renovation is going to use the building tells me we are stuck with it forever. They might take out the north stands and make that whole area "field view club" where you stand. It's popping up all around stadiums. They'll move students to fill in the east upper corners.
I don't think they'll move the students up that high.

Seems like a boring renovation. I’m sure it’ll be nice, but the big piece will only impact a small group of fans in the 2001 zone.
Looking at the drawings I can't tell if it'll block out the first two ramps or not.

All of this to "improve the gameday experience." I'm sure if you surveyed Gamecock fans and asked them what _one_ improvement they most want to see in Williams Brice, "more reasons to cheer" would rank higher than chairbacks, seats with little tables, cupholders, TV screens, or anything else. I'd rather sit on a splintered wooden bench seat and watch the Gamecocks beat UGA and Clemson than sit in a Lazy Boy recliner and watch them lose to Kentucky again.

We have the most boring end zones in college football. I'll donate the extra $19.95 to do one end zone in Garnet Chalk ... BUT WAIT!!! If they act today, I'll chip in the extra processing fee so they can do both end zones, one in Garnet, the other in Black ... our school colors.

Gamecock club should be calling you shortly. They’ll take your money but no promise as to when the job will be done.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
All of this to "improve the gameday experience." I'm sure if you surveyed Gamecock fans and asked them what _one_ improvement they most want to see in Williams Brice, "more reasons to cheer" would rank higher than chairbacks, seats with little tables, cupholders, TV screens, or anything else. I'd rather sit on a splintered wooden bench seat and watch the Gamecocks beat UGA and Clemson than sit in a Lazy Boy recliner and watch them lose to Kentucky again.
Let's get chair-backs off the table right now. Box seats is what needs to happen eventually - with cupholders.

Winning solves all of these concerns. Make the new football facility right not half ass like is being reported...hope that is misinformation. If a slide gets recruits then get a slide. 5 stars should be the priority. Sorry, just frustrated with getting the results we have put up with. Sigh.

Winning solves all of these concerns. Make the new football facility right not half ass like is being reported...hope that is misinformation. If a slide gets recruits then get a slide. 5 stars should be the priority. Sorry, just frustrated with getting the results we have put up with. Sigh.
Winning without cupholders is a hollow prospect.;)

If a slide works and CleMson has one why da hell dont we have at least two slides. We should be able to at least out spend them right?

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield

That would be devastating for the atmosphere.

Scream this from the mountain tops, my man!!

Reactions: Noonoo-33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT