ADVERTISEMENT

"played poorly and still won"

I comepletely agree with that statement. Not a great showing, but an excellent win.

We lost it in the 4th quarter last year in these type games. Glad to see we buckled down and pulled it out.

This UNC team was a LOT tougher than you think. They won't be pushovers in the ACC this year...I wouldn't be surprised if they cracked the top 25.

Remember ECU and UCF? We won close games against them early and they turned out to be pretty good teams as those seasons ended...

And we slowed down a fast-paced, uptempo type offense (similar to TA&M) with a new defense and a new DC...that's HUGE...didn't work out that way last year.

There are a LOT of positives to take from this game...

And we won lots of ugly games under Shaw...and that turned out pretty well...

We must and will get better, but a good win against good team. Not and easy first game but we pulled it out, the team played hard, and competed the whole game... Go Cocks
Agreed. Good first game, Gamecocks. I enjoyed the beginning of college football. While the game was sloppy as all get out, it was fun to watch. Congrats on putting it together in the second half and getting the win

Agreed. Good first game, Gamecocks. I enjoyed the beginning of college football. While the game was sloppy as all get out, it was fun to watch. Congrats on putting it together in the second half and getting the win
Thanks for the good words!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT