ADVERTISEMENT

Please Read - End of an Era - Sad Story

jdmedlock

Jul 22, 2006
Little River, SC. Born and bred in Loris, SC.
I can only say I am in tears over the way I have been treated by the Gamecock Club and ticket office. For the record, over a 15 year period I drove 964 miles round trip for every weekend home football AND baseball game. During that time I donated $65,620 to the Gamecock Club and paid for two children to graduate from my beloved South Carolina. I understand that policies are policies, but I didn't renew my membership because they said I would have to give up my baseball seats because I reduced my giving level. It's really sad to me that something couldn't be done. I will miss going to the games!! Thank you for listening....

Are you literally crying over this? Really? You must have had a really really sheltered life without any trauma or tragedy.

Now if it were football tickets I may cry too lol. Just kidding. Lucky for you baseball tickets are so easy to get and cheap

I understand this being a sad day maybe for you but college athletics is ultimately a business once you peel back the thin emotional top layer.
It's just a brutal reality that I like to make myself forget about. Hate it for you because it's clearly been a big part of your life but as others have mentioned - there are alternative ways to experience and enjoy the games that are equally as fun and honestly much more cost effective.

Our ticket and membership prices are still not even in the top half of the SEC as far as price. For years we didn't increase prices and fell further and further behind our competition. Every time prices are raised some say they're priced out yet another younger set of Gamecock fans pick up the tickets and keep it moving.

I have never seen an Auburn, UGA, LSU, Florida. Bama alum cry about being out priced and tickets too expensive.

For 15 years I had season tickets and would travel to our away games. I was shocked Tenn., UGA etc ticket prices were damn near $50 higher than ours but it made sense when you visited their stadiums for a game

I wasn't priced out. I moved to DC

Our ticket and membership prices are still not even in the top half of the SEC as far as price. For years we didn't increase prices and fell further and further behind our competition. Every time prices are raised some say they're priced out yet another younger set of Gamecock fans pick up the tickets and keep it moving.

I have never seen an Auburn, UGA, LSU, Florida. Bama alum cry about being out priced and tickets too expensive.

For 15 years I had season tickets and would travel to our away games. I was shocked Tenn., UGA etc ticket prices were damn near $50 higher than ours but it made sense when you visited their stadiums for a game

Well UGA, LSU or anybody else ain't going to come over to our board and complain about the ticket prices.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Priced out is a bad strategy. Only a matter of time more people figure it out. Not just at USC. My family paid dues, then seat equity fees, ticket prices for over 35 years. Seven years ago we stopped. We attend every home game, sit in the lower level and save thousands a year. Never been to any game where you couldn't get lower level tickets for a decent price outside the stadium. Even during the 11-2 seasons. Even the game against no 1 Alabama. Got 4 lowers in section 9, 2 hours before game outside the stadium for 60.00 each.

Reactions: jon# and E-Cut_22
Well UGA, LSU or anybody else ain't going to come over to our board and complain about the ticket prices.

Jym you've posted 6500 times
Has it ever occurred to you LSU, UGA ETC have forums too? Those are what I speak of

Jym you've posted 6500 times
Has it ever occurred to you LSU, UGA ETC have forums too? Those are what I speak of
Just because you haven't read it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I'm sure this is not unique to Gamecock fans. There are many college football fans who just can't afford it anymore.

"Didn't increase prices and we fell further and further behind"

- Do people still believe the arms race myth?

- If so, please list what facilities we need in order to become successful.

What facilities has the baseball team lacked?

Athletic Directors and coaches will brainwash us with that as long as we let them.

Reactions: jon# and jonesz21

Athletic Directors and coaches will brainwash us with that as long as we let them.

See Texas big screens in locker Room thread and that should help you some.

We did just renovate the Baseball Stadium, added a player's lounge and updating the press room.

I can only say I am in tears over the way I have been treated by the Gamecock Club and ticket office. For the record, over a 15 year period I drove 964 miles round trip for every weekend home football AND baseball game. During that time I donated $65,620 to the Gamecock Club and paid for two children to graduate from my beloved South Carolina. I understand that policies are policies, but I didn't renew my membership because they said I would have to give up my baseball seats because I reduced my giving level. It's really sad to me that something couldn't be done. I will miss going to the games!! Thank you for listening....

Sir, I am so sad for you. The money you donated to USC was some serious money.

Are you literally crying over this? Really? You must have had a really really sheltered life without any trauma or tragedy.

Now if it were football tickets I may cry too lol. Just kidding. Lucky for you baseball tickets are so easy to get and cheap

Hey E-Cut, I thought I told you to get off this board and stay off, you pos.

Reactions: jonesz21
I donate what I can afford to and what I believe will help. I will never cry about it. But it is more than the OP.

I had that same problem when I had kids and decided to cut my Gamecock Club donations of 25 years...

I really don't miss the perks, and love getting tickets off the streets and sit in different places of the stadium, court and on the berm at the baseball games...

I really don't feel rushed to get my money's worth... Buy tickets after the game starts and get better deals...

I just really don't have the time to go to all the games and the radio helps paint a picture of the game, if you can get past Todd Ellis's broadcasting...

Reactions: jon# and jdmedlock

Holy cow...that's about 170,000 miles driven over 15 years plus the $62,000 in ticket purchases, GGC dues, etc. Thanks for being a GREAT GAMECOCK. There is no one on this board who should question your loyalty or decisions.

People's circumstances and priorities change all the time. While you are decreasing, someone else will be increasing. You will find contentment, as will they. When contentment ceases in either or both of you, either or both of you will make other alterations.

Reactions: jon# and vehemon
People's circumstances and priorities change all the time. While you are decreasing, someone else will be increasing. You will find contentment, as will they. When contentment ceases in either or both of you, either or both of you will make other alterations.
If they bend the rules then people that are new getting into the program can never get better seats.
I understand where he's coming from but on the other hand I've given about 20k in the last 8 years with memberships, tickets, bowl games, etc directly to the Gamecock Club

I've still got ****ty seats. I still get a ****ty pecking order in any seat selection.

And I completely understand that if I were to ever decrease my giving level that whatever ****ty priority I do get will disappear.

The Gamecock Club isn't going to bend any rules for you unless you are hitting the 500K mark.

I used to have tickets on the fifty yard line section 305 west upper row 3. Great seats but there was good news. Every game's on tv and has an even better view. And you just change the channel if things don't go our way.
I did that once and I missed that Missouri come back game.... never again.

If they bend the rules then people that are new getting into the program can never get better seats.
I understand where he's coming from but on the other hand I've given about 20k in the last 8 years with memberships, tickets, bowl games, etc directly to the Gamecock Club

I've still got ****ty seats. I still get a ****ty pecking order in any seat selection.

And I completely understand that if I were to ever decrease my giving level that whatever ****ty priority I do get will disappear.

The Gamecock Club isn't going to bend any rules for you unless you are hitting the 500K mark.
It's just a matter of how much being in the system means to you.

Reactions: vehemon
It's just a matter of how much being in the system means to you.
Very true. Right now, despite how some of the teams are doing... it means a lot.

I'm just hoping that some better seats will pop up so I don't have to be around the "don't stand in front of me crowd" or people that think they should be head coach.

Reactions: king ward

Our athletic department brings in 20,000,000 more a year than Clemson and tater tech seems to be doing just fine with facilities and all the rest. Maybe Ray should learn to do more with less than vice versa. But I guess that wouldn't be our tradition.

And if that dude spent that kind of cheddar for that long and got bumped out that quick, I wouldn't blame him for cutting it to zero and watching from TV like most of the revenue experts on this board. When you have seasons like the last couple, it gets a lot tougher cutting those checks knowing they're going to the Botkins, Juniors and Whammys of the coaching world.

Well look at the bright side, you will be saving some money and have something to wipe those tears away with!

money-gifs-zombieland.gif

We charge visitors more for tickets as well. Most SEC schools do now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT