ADVERTISEMENT

PLEASE watch the film on COLTON GAUTHIER

JAYBURGER 11

Dec 5, 2006
I know it is gonna look like I’m posting this because gunner decommitted, but I really, really like gauthier better( especially long ball touch) and he has way above average athletic ability.... I know only time will tell, but I honestly don’t know that Stockton is the better of the 2... watch both guys. And just be objective.... and GAUTHIER wants to be here too...

I know it is gonna look like I’m posting this because gunner decommitted, but I really, really like gauthier better( especially long ball touch) and he has way above average athletic ability.... I know only time will tell, but I honestly don’t know that Stockton is the better of the 2... watch both guys. And just be objective.... and GAUTHIER wants to be here too...
I will agree. He can throw the deep ball with very good accuracy. Eventually he will be the quarterback at South Carolina. First good peak at what he can do will be a few months from in the spring game.

I think we got some good players in this class. Not as MANY as we wanted obviously, but the cycle is not over yet and we got some good ones. Gauthier and Blake are at the top of the list for me.

Reactions: oakley51

Where is the video? Can you supply a link? Thanks

Found a link to the WRONG QB. OOPS!

Last edited:
Could see this post...or one similar....coming from a mile away after Stockton decommitted.

It would have more effect and have at least a tinge of honesty to it, if it were posted prior to his decommitment. As of now, it's a bit disingenuous almost like trying to make a silk purse......

Last edited:
Could see this post...or one similar....coming from a mile away after Stockton decommitted.

It would have more effect and have at least a tinge of honesty to it, if it were posted prior to his decommitment. As of now, it's like trying to make a silk purse......

Stockton hasn’t taken a single college snap . Remember Jacob Eason , Willy Korn , Matt Barkley, Jeff Driskell etc etc ?? I lost count of how many can’t miss 5 stars missed . Gunner may be the next Mahomes , he may be the next Kyle Allen . Not losing a minutes sleep over a kid in high school who hasn’t taken an SEC snap . Wish him well where ever he goes , but not gonna gonna sweat it one bit .

Stockton hasn’t taken a single college snap . Remember Jacob Eason , Willy Korn , Matt Barkley, Jeff Driskell etc etc ?? I lost count of how many can’t miss 5 stars missed . Gunner may be the next Mahomes , he may be the next Kyle Allen . Not losing a minutes sleep over a kid in high school who hasn’t taken an SEC snap . Wish him well where ever he goes , but not gonna gonna sweat it one bit .
Willy Korn could not even throw a simple wr screen pass. By the way I want to thank you for telling me about Jason Isbell, the vampire song is beautiful.

Critical reading is becoming a lost art. I made no comment about either's ability or potential for future success. Simply made a comment regarding the predictability and timing of the post itself. A post such as this is a predictable as the sun rising and the timing of it makes it wholly disingenuous....if it were made two days ago, then fine, it may have a ring of honest belief to it...but it wasn't.

Reactions: Brace1
This is the stupidest thing I've ever read. Korn was a force of nature in high school (basically all of Byrnes was, the 2005 team was probably the best SC team of all time). Byrnes threw it deep back then more than screens, but his arm strength and touch were something unreal. He never panned out in college. I assume the injuries took their toll and then he got beat out by Kyle Parker, who was also a 5 Star in ESPN's ranking if I remember correctly. It's dumb to suggest he was some terrible passer. Every expert disagreed with you. Also, while Elephant is decent, Jason Isbell is extremely overrated. He's the country choice for hipsters.

I should have stated that after his injuries he could not even throw a simple out pattern. Lighten up on me dude.

No, Stockton is the nations #1/2 dual threat depending on which publication you read
The article I read said #2 Pro Style QB.

From WLTX:
"Ranked as the No. 2 pro-style quarterback in the country according to Rivals, Stockton committed to the Gamecocks back in August."

Last edited:
The article I read said #2 Pro Style QB.

From WLTX:
"Ranked as the No. 2 pro-style quarterback in the country according to Rivals, Stockton committed to the Gamecocks back in August."

Yea they must have let a intern write that article 😀, he isn't a pro style

Yea they must have let a intern write that article 😀, he isn't a pro style
Yeah, I think I see the problem. It's from Rivals, so I went to their website. They have a list of QBs that may be upgraded to 5* soon, including Stockton. Every one of them is listed as a Pro Style QB, so obviously they have made some errors there.

Critical reading is becoming a lost art. I made no comment about either's ability or potential for future success. Simply made a comment regarding the predictability and timing of the post itself. A post such as this is a predictable as the sun rising and the timing of it makes it wholly disingenuous....if it were made two days ago, then fine, it may have a ring of honest belief to it...but it wasn't.

Fair enough . I agree with you . My rationale has always been that there’s no point losing sleep over the decisions of a teenage kid , especially one that could be great or could be absolutely nothing . I said the same thing about Clowney and Lattimore as I did about Conor Mitch or Shaq Roland . Until we see what they can do at an SEC level they’re just another high school kid

It would have more effect and have at least a tinge of honesty to it, if it were posted prior to his decommitment. As of now, it's a bit disingenuous almost like trying to make a silk purse......

FYI Chad Simmons put a post in the TIF a couple of months ago that got roundly discussed. The gist of Chad's post was that we had gotten the steal of the year by pulling Colton Gauthier out of GA. He was very high on Gauthier.

FYI Chad Simmons put a post in the TIF a couple of months ago that got roundly discussed. The gist of Chad's post was that we had gotten the steal of the year by pulling Colton Gauthier out of GA. He was very high on Gauthier.
Good. Pretty decent chance he's pressed into action next year.

Isn't Gauthier more of a traditional pocket passer? Just goes against what many believe the offense is trending
He can run when he has to. He’s athletic enough and has above average speed for a QB. Has good pocket awareness.

I'll say this for the kid: he had options but he stuck to his commitment. Give me someone who honors their word any day of the week over someone who goes whichever way the wind blows. We need players who want to play for the GAMECOCKS.

Isn't Gauthier more of a traditional pocket passer? Just goes against what many believe the offense is trending
Sometimes a pocket passer can move a little in the pocket or have the ability to get out of trouble and get a few yards instead of a loss.
He might be more of this type of runner

Reactions: budman1976
He can run when he has to. He’s athletic enough and has above average speed for a QB. Has good pocket awareness.

Thats the thing.. when many think mobile qb, they immediately think someone like lamar jackson in today's game. You just need a qb who can make a defense honor their ability to run but they don't have to have 4.3 speed. Even that chicken in the upstate could run when need be but he was pocket passer first

Well move along a— hole, GAUTHIER is a 4 star, yeah I don’t know WHY anyone would be excited about that... gunner Stockton is too short for division one d lined and although he had a strong arm he will have a lot of trouble. But feel free to critique that too

I’ve watched a good bit of his highlights. 4 star qb, looks like he can be a good one. I’m happy to have him and look forward to seeing what he can do here.

Reactions: JAYBURGER 11
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT