ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: do you find football and basketball to be as entertaining as back in the 1990's and 2000's?

do you find football and basketball to be as entertaining as back in the 1990's and 2000's?

• Yes

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 88.5%

• Total voters

ScWildthing61

Sep 10, 2011
I was talking to a friend of mine and he said that strictly in terms of sport, today's sports namely football and basketball are not as entertaining for him because players on opposing teams are too eager to be friends on the court as well as off, whereas in his day(he went back further than me to the 1980s) it seemed like "we can be frienimies in the offseason, but when we get on that court or that field, I'm tearing your (expletive) head off!" And then there were teams who's players genuinely hated each other as much as their fans did (bulls vs pistons for example) honestly I agree with him, in that it is more fun when the players on the teams don't like each other, and can't stomach the thought of losing to "those jerks."

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Professional basketball was by FAR more entertaining in the 80/90s. I still have my Michael Jordan, Scotty Pippen and Larry Bird jerseys. The NBA has been unwatchable for the past twenty years.

Politics killed the NFL for me. If nothing else I watched the Super Bowl as tradition - but it’s not much of an “American” past time and tradition anymore.

Now, I think politics is about is about to kill college football....... If the players and coaches go SJW mode then I’m out.
It really is a shame on what sports is becoming

Last edited:
Reactions: kidrobinski
Dallas beating San Francisco to advance to the Super Bowl was the peak of the NFL. Great game, great players who laid it all on the line to win. Has been downhill ever since.

No, I find them to be more entertaining now. More speed, more intricacy. The game still resembles the game I learned as a youngster, with new wrinkles and strategies thrown in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT