ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Will Deebo Samuel Play?

Will Deebo Samuel Play in the Belk Bowl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
I know opinions will differ here. But what do you predict? Does he play or not?

My gut says yes. I don’t like guys sitting out Bowl games as it is a selfish decision. I won’t like it but would understand Deebo’s decision if he didn’t play. He’s been hurt quite a bit. But still saying Deebo will play.

Last edited:
When are people saying he'll be drafted? I love Deebo, great football player. My gut says he is a 2nd - 3rd round guy?

He’s rated the 5th best WR, including underclassmen, by at least one “expert” according to The State. Bryan Edwards was 8th on that same list. I’d say 2nd Round but I’m certainly no expert. Plus these things can change at the combine and Deebo is a bit of a freak. In fact, if not for his injuries i’d think he may even be higher.

But as a senior, I don’t think it matters much where he is projected. I’d say it all comes down to risking injury to not be able to showcase skills. Still, I think he will play.

He’s rated the 5th best WR, including underclassmen, by at least one “expert” according to The State. Bryan Edwards was 8th on that same list. I’d say 2nd Round but I’m certainly no expert. Plus these things can change at the combine and Deebo is a bit of a freak. In fact, if not for his injuries i’d think he may even be higher.

But as a senior, I don’t think it matters much where he is projected. I’d say it all comes down to risking injury to not be able to showcase skills. Still, I think he will play.

If Deebo can run a 4.4 forty at the combine he is a sure 2nd round pick at worst. At his size a 4.5 of worse means round 3 of 4. NFL teams draft players as low as they think they can get them. 6' are have to be burners in the forty to go in rounds 1 or 2!

He will play . He’s probably a 3rd or 4th rounders . He is extremely versatile and a great playmaker but his size will keep him out of the first round . Also he’s more quick than fast , kinda like Ace . To go first round at that size you gotta be a Prime time Burner . He’s fast but not John Ross fast . Either way I think he will have a very good career . Edwards needs to come back . Great player but he’s not ready yet .

I think the kid plays. Like you though, considering what he's been through injury-wise during his time here, I wouldn't blame him if he skipped. I do selfishly want to see him play one more time.

As others have said, 2nd round I think is best case for him. If I were a betting man, I'd bet late 3rd or 4th round.

Something I've noticed watching our players in the draft over the last 6-8yrs; They (with the exception of Clowney) always seem to go about 2-3 rounds later than folks on here predict.

Reactions: TheReelEss
I think he'll play, but I would pretty much understand if he didn't. It's not like he hasn't taken one for the old team before. Might see Shi showcased a little more this game.

I think the kid plays. Like you though, considering what he's been through injury-wise during his time here, I wouldn't blame him if he skipped. I do selfishly want to see him play one more time.

As others have said, 2nd round I think is best case for him. If I were a betting man, I'd bet late 3rd or 4th round.

Something I've noticed watching our players in the draft over the last 6-8yrs; They (with the exception of Clowney) always seem to go about 2-3 rounds later than folks on here predict.
If I were a guy coming out of USC I'd take that into account. If I got a projection of 3rd round as a junior, I'd take that to mean I should probably stay and get a good insurance policy.

Reactions: 92Pony

Yeah because everyone here thinks that all our guys are high round picks because they are the best players on “Our” team . NFL scouts find guys buried under rocks . Look at guys like Jerry Rice , Khalil Mack , Antonio Brown . If you are an elite talent the will find you if you are in Tuscaloosa or Pelzer .

Reactions: 92Pony
He'll play and he'll LIKE IT!

The timing of when you posted this and the thread was posted saying he announced he wasn’t playing was at the same exact time. I’m starting to think Deebo was watching to see what you’d say!!!!Laughing

The timing of when you posted this and the thread wasn’t posted saying he announced he wasn’t playing was at the same exact time. I’m starting to think Deebo was watching to see what you’d say!!!!Laughing
If you're reading Deebo I still dig ya man...lol

62% wrong. We don’t know anything about football.
I really thought he'd want to suit up again, maybe not so much at WR, but at least at KR. But I have no issue with it. We'll see a lot of Shi and TEs, I suppose. Do we have a true freshman you'd expect to see who can play one more game without burning the RS?

Reactions: Carolina4
I really thought he'd want to suit up again, maybe not so much at WR, but at least at KR. But I have no issue with it. We'll see a lot of Shi and TEs, I suppose. Do we have a true freshman you'd expect to see who can play one more game without burning the RS?

Not sure about that as we’ve played some freshmen WRs. I do think we get a good head start on live without Deebo for next season. Making positives out of it. Maybe Josh Vann can get more targets. Interesting to me that Edwards used to get that slant on the RPO so often. We missed it a lot early. Seemed like Deebo was getting that look more the last half of the season.

Reactions: TheReelEss
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT