ADVERTISEMENT

Population influx to SC

I don't like my chances of getting the wife to move someplace called "Pigeon Point".

Don't get me wrong I'm sure it's nice. I just don't see my wife telling her family that she lives in "Pigeon" anything.
So, kind of like asking the folks to come down and visit you in Hooterville.

For us it was dope and peanuts...you poured the peanuts in the dope...

Ok, I’ve heard of people doing this but have never seen it in person. I’m also not opposed to trying it but wouldn’t even know where to begin. Please explain.

How many peanuts are we talking about here - a couple or a handful? Are they shelled peanuts? Do you eat the peanuts after? What’s the taste profile - is it just a hint of salt in the coke?

Ok, I’ve heard of people doing this but have never seen it in person. I’m also not opposed to trying it but wouldn’t even know where to begin. Please explain.

How many peanuts are we talking about here - a couple or a handful? Are they shelled peanuts? Do you eat the peanuts after? What’s the taste profile - is it just a hint of salt in the coke?
Dry roasted salted peanuts with salt from a single serve plastic pouch poured into a glass bottle coke. Pour the whole serving of peanuts. The peanuts float to the top and you sip them down. Glass bottle coke is important to get the full effect.

Dry roasted salted peanuts with salt from a single serve plastic pouch poured into a glass bottle coke. Pour the whole serving of peanuts. The peanuts float to the top and you sip them down. Glass bottle coke is important to get the full effect.
Typically, it was Lance p-nuts from a vending machine or gas station. Coke with a blob of ice cream was a float. We made those at home before restaurants ever did it.

I just learned this was really a thing from my dad after finally having enough of this discussion. 😅

I just learned this was really a thing from my dad after finally having enough of this discussion. 😅
My mom talked about this for years and I always assumed it was just one of her quirks. I had no idea it was an actual thing.

And if there is an accident at the bridge coming off the island, you will spend at least an hour in traffic....regardless how bad the accident is.
what is it about bridges that cause people to run out of gas, break down, get a flat etc, when there are better opportunities before and after said bridge? and why not put it in neutral and coast down to the bottom?

200w.gif

Price was no object for these folks...the mountains are prettier/nicer in Tennessee...they won't let you build on our mountains....Sam's Gap, Buffalo Mountain, the mountains around Johnson CIty and Kingsport are preserved so that we don't have ugly houses to look at when driving I-26...Asheville and Weaverville mountains are covered up with houses...uch...
81’s lousy with shacks.

In upstate cotton mills the "Dope Wagon" sold soft drinks. Cheese crackers were called "a pack of shacks".

Doesn't seem that way here in Lancaster. Two Bilos have closed, Winn-Dixie has closed, Harris Teeter has closed, Piggly Wiggly has closed, and an all you can eat restaurant has closed. This over the last 20 yrs or so.
Hopefully the population here in Lancaster is decreasing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT