ADVERTISEMENT

Practice schedule question

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
supposedly we get 15 practices. Unless our guys are doing 2 a days, I don’t see how they are practicing more than 8-9 times tops.
I’ve heard countless times how important those 15 practices are for a program. It appears (unless someone can verify), were not using them all.

supposedly we get 15 practices. Unless our guys are doing 2 a days, I don’t see how they are practicing more than 8-9 times tops.
I’ve heard countless times how important those 15 practices are for a program. It appears (unless someone can verify), were not using them all.
I think I read recently that there is no limit to number of practices. Exams, holiday and choice determine number of practices.

Reactions: Judson1
It is 15 practices. They will get a couple in starting end of week, they will practice some next week then they will go to Charlotte day after Christmas and practice each day. They will get their 15 in because now is when practice squad and RS's get evaluations so they know what to work on until Spring practice starts.

It is 15 practices. They will get a couple in starting end of week, they will practice some next week then they will go to Charlotte day after Christmas and practice each day. They will get their 15 in because now is when practice squad and RS's get evaluations so they know what to work on until Spring practice starts.

The article stated practice will start Monday the 17th until Saturday the 22nd. Then, the team will reconvene Christmas Day and make the trip to Charlotte. So at the max that period is the 25-28th. And I would imagine there are no two a days. Especially once they arrive in Charlotte as they typically visit places and participate in activities.

There was an upper limit. I’m not sure about now since Dabo cried about it being unfair that their school schedule effected the number of practices they could hold.

Everyone knows when Dabo the clown cries he usually gets his way

What does it matter? Its more then 0. Maybe they should start saying " up to 15" Practices so people wont complain.

I’ve heard countless times how important those 15 practices are for a program.

LOL!!! That is a good one but, the one I think is even funnier is when they call them "Student Athletes".

Judson, just by your question, I can tell that you are probably a good and honest person.
Think it through. Look around. Decide for yourself. The Real World is not the way it is presented by the media. Hell, just watch The Weather Channel and watch those ass clowns.

Mock Drafts ... Fantasy Football ... Bowl Projections ... Star Rankings ... And now The Crystal Ball Projections. Video Games, Play Stations ... we've become a society that thrives on Bullshit.

Reactions: Judson1 and gcobob
What does it matter? Its more then 0. Maybe they should start saying " up to 15" Practices so people wont complain.

Oh yeah. You’re right. It doesn’t matter. We’re trying to catch our rivals. So let’s just take half the allotted practices. While we’re at it let’s cut spring practice to 1 week.
It’s was an observation. I know my thoughts have no bearing on what the Gamecocks do with their program.

I will admit that the early signing period probably adds more of a recruiting focus by the coaches.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
The article stated practice will start Monday the 17th until Saturday the 22nd. Then, the team will reconvene Christmas Day and make the trip to Charlotte. So at the max that period is the 25-28th. And I would imagine there are no two a days. Especially once they arrive in Charlotte as they typically visit places and participate in activities.
At 1 a day, 17th -22nd is 6 practices, 25-28 would be 3 more for 9. This with out knowing if some practices will include 2 a days. I dont see what your problem with it is.Are you trying to say the coaches dont know what they are doing, they dont care, what?

At 1 a day, 17th -22nd is 6 practices, 25-28 would be 3 more for 9. This with out knowing if some practices will include 2 a days. I dont see what your problem with it is.Are you trying to say the coaches dont know what they are doing, they dont care, what?

I just told you it was an observation. I hear “15” all the time but we appear as though we aren’t going to use them. 8,9,11,15... whatever. Just didn’t seem right. I don’t have a problem with them. I do know we have a lot of young guys on defense though. Maybe they don’t want to risk anymore injuries?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT