ADVERTISEMENT

Predict when we'll beat Clemson again

Going to be at least 2028, they have a stud QB from Texas that will keep the streak going for 3 more years then we will be transitioning a new staff in by the end of that time so rinse and repeat.

Reactions: uscwatson21
I think a more relevant question is when will be at least competitive with them? Football is king for their administration so i see them winning 8 out of 10 on average against us.

I think a more relevant question is when will be at least competitive with them? Football is king for their administration so i see them winning 8 out of 10 on average against us.
They’re going to win 8 out of 10 against pretty much everyone they play annually, if not more. Only way to change it is to climb to the top where they’ve been. We’ve never been there. I honestly don’t know that we ever will…it’s a sad reality I’m learning to live with.

I was born in 1985. Outside of our 5 game streak, the only times we've beaten them in my lifetime were in 1987, 1992, 1994, 1996, 2001 and 2006. That's utterly pathetic.

I was born in 1985. Outside of our 5 game streak, the only times we've beaten them in my lifetime were in 1987, 1992, 1994, 1996, 2001 and 2006. That's utterly pathetic.
I can relate, I use to be nervous before kickoff when we played them then the losses just beat me down. I’ve lived long enough to know we should cherish the times we beat them, that’s why the Spurrier streak felt like a dream.

That's been about the history against them, so you may be on to something.

Same here(year of birth that is) I got to 25 years old before I saw us win back to back games against them, and we had to endure two different 4 year tater streaks before that, and I thought that was bad, now I just find something else to watch during the game, this year it was reruns of two and a half men.

2031 at the earliest. I can see this going on for another 10 years easy. This was a down year for them and we still lost 30-0. Lol! I love this team but I hate the lack of urgency by the AD and the BOT. They accept mediocrity so we are forced to swallow it year after year after year. It f@cking sucks!!!

Their board/administration cares about winning, and now they have a winning tradition too. We have neither. It’s an uphill battle for us.

Same here(year of birth that is) I got to 25 years old before I saw us win back to back games against them, and we had to endure two different 4 year tater streaks before that, and I thought that was bad, now I just find something else to watch during the game, this year it was reruns of two and a half men.

We won’t beat Clemson in football as long as Ray Tanner is our AD- then wait another 2 or 3 years after he gone to unscrew things……. So the answer is not for the foreseeable future. I try not to think about it- but it seems like our problem is deeper then Tanner and is the BOT. An overhaul of the BOT is needed, but that won’t happen. Seems like we are just screwed.

As long as they keep this staff together, we’re not going to touch them. Not a lot of other teams are either. Usually a successful program will get picked cleaned of coaching talent but they have managed to keep it together. They have a great staff and they pull top tier talent year in and year out. Sucks

I’d still rather be a Gamecock tho. Screw them!

I actually enjoy watching our women's basketball more than the product we are putting out there on the football field at this point.....

WOW!!! Did I really just write that? How pathetic but it is true. Very sad.....

And to answer the op.......2035.
I am 53 and I am seriously wondering if we beat them again in my lifetime. We will not get up to their current level, they will have to come down and meet us half way. Maybe the stars will align one year but in general, I think this is where things will stand for a good while. Sucks but may as well be honest with ourselves.

Reactions: uscedge21
I think their current streak will probably hit about 12 games or so. I don't think it's going to go on forever, but it will certainly set a rivalry record.

Reactions: DrMickey
Virginia Tech eventually won 15 in a row (2004-2018) vs Virginia, and after a UVA division title clinching win in 2019(nice performance vs the Taters in the ACCCG there Wahoos🙄) the Hokies tacked on two more wins in 2020 and 2021, and adding another 4 straight from 1999-2002 that's 21 out of 23 games won by the Hokies since the last time UVA won even two in a row in what's supposed to be a "rivalry".

The reason I bring this up is because this is probably the same kind of dominant run the taters will have on us before it is all said and done.

Reactions: DrMickey
My heart’s not in making that prediction until we can find a good QB and fix the Oline issues. the way I feel right now, never.

its-been84years-its-been-a-long-time.gif

< 4 years, pending on OC & OL hires!!!!
Wrong, check recruiting rankings, and they have probably the best high school QB coming in next year. Going to a looong while before we beat ‘em again. They had one senior on that offense that put up 30 on us last night, most are freshman and sophomores.

Thinking at least 2026. Like how Beamer dodged that question in news conference.
I have faith in him but not our administration.

Imho, you have at least 2 or 3 more years of Beamer, then the next guy will need multiple years if he's even the right guy. You're looking at easily 6 more years at the earliest unless clemson pulls a Florida in there somewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT