ADVERTISEMENT

Predict where USC will be seeded @ Hoover

Like we have been saying for many years
“Thank God for Mississippi”

We may not be in last place!

The verdict is in. We are a 10 seed playing a 7 seed on opening day (Tues. 2:00 pm). That's against UF in the single elimination part of the bracket.

Reactions: TAV31
If an 11 seed ends up being the hardest path, we'll get that one. Lol
Look like that is an accurate statement. The two teams that I wanted South Carolina to avoid in opening round is Florida or Mississippi. Hopefully, Belk will be available in the opening game.

Florida made two of South Carolina's starting pitchers throw the ball more than I wanted them to. Hall threw 41 pitches in the third inning against the Gators and Sanders threw the ball 28 times in his only inning of play.

I am really impressed with Stone. He got a workout fielding the ball against the Gators last Thursday evening. Stone made a throw from deep center field all the way to the plate and if Burgess could of hang on to the ball the base runner would have been out at the plate. Stone needs to work on getting on the base more and he will be significant impact player for South Carolina.

Look like that is an accurate statement. The two teams that I wanted South Carolina to avoid in opening round is Florida or Mississippi. Hopefully, Belk will be available in the opening game.

Florida made two of South Carolina's starting pitchers throw the ball more than I wanted them to. Hall threw 41 pitches in the third inning against the Gators and Sanders threw the ball 28 times in his only inning of play.

I am really impressed with Stone. He got a workout fielding the ball against the Gators last Thursday evening. Stone made a throw from deep center field all the way to the plate and if Burgess could of hang on to the ball the base runner would have been out at the plate. Stone needs to work on getting on the base more and he will be significant impact player for South Carolina.
Agree about Stone. And yeah, that was a heck of a throw to Burgess. I think of all the freshman, his swing is closer to what it should be than the others. I suspect he'll be looking pretty good at the start of next year.

1-0 ballgame in the bottom of the 8th. Not us. Is it too much to ask to play a little smallball, try to manufacture a run or something before the season ends like this?

At least they gave themselves a chance plus didn’t allow the other pitcher a complete game shut out. For this season. It’s the small victories.

Reactions: bucketdad
Lost 2-1 in 10 innings. Catcher dropped the ball making the tag with 2 outs. Pisser!

Perfect throw….no reason catcher should have dropped it. Baseball 101. Catcher had time to put two hands on the ball if he wanted. We aren’t talking about someone hitting the catcher……low impact slide.

But does it really matter……we were going no where.

Lost 2-1 in 10 innings. Catcher dropped the ball making the tag with 2 outs. Pisser!
Not only that, but earlier in the inning the Gator batter hit the ball in which it hit third base and the ball then rocketed skyward on over Vasquez head into left field that resulted in a double (could be mistaken).

I liked how this team did fight all season. They won some great games. But didn’t have the horses needed to win at a consistent competitive level.

Reactions: dallascock
Not sure why Burgess was taken out. Oh well. Gotta feel bad for LeCroy. He's gotta feel miserable

I don’t remember the last time we won in Hoover. I wish we had won. Sometimes it takes just one win to get some momentum but it didn’t work out that way. I wish I were more invested, and in the past I might have been, but at this point there are just too many other things that are more important than sports. I always pull for the Gamecocks no matter what.

Espero Anno Proximo!

Go Cocks!

Seriously we will probably make it. But that’s not saying much. We will likely be a 10 or 11 seed. Make the trip down, take a butt beating and come home.
Well I’d say my prediction wasn’t far off. And it was pretty crystal clear to see. Worst season since 1996…and we were pretty bad then.

Reactions: cockofdawn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT