ADVERTISEMENT

Press conference for USC & Duke

The Confederate flag question hacked me off, but Frank Martin's answer was pure poetry. It was basically an ode to South Carolina. Wonderful.
Yeah, why bring that up? This is sports not politics. Some of these reporters have an agenda and they push it 24/7. They should be fair and honest which 99.9% of them are not.

I love, love, LOVE listening to CFM speak - speak about the University, speak about the team, and speak about this state! People constantly bringing up him going elsewhere....... I say it in every one of those threads - He (and his wife) are genuinely happy in South Carolina and at THE USC!

Yeah, why bring that up? This is sports not politics. Some of these reporters have an agenda and they push it 24/7. They should be fair and honest which 99.9% of them are not.

Maybe the reporter was trying to publically point out that NC lost the right to host because they're moving backward while SC gained the right because we're moving forward. Might be a statement for the ears of recruits.

Can't argue with his response to her questions. All good publicity for our school and our state!

Go Cocks!

The reporter who asked the question was a women. I guess she had no sports related questions.

Any of you recognize who that was directing the questions for Frank? If I'm not mistaken (because I recognized the voice), that was Tim Bourret, SID for Clemson.

Maybe the reporter was trying to publically point out that NC lost the right to host because they're moving backward while SC gained the right because we're moving forward. Might be a statement for the ears of recruits.

Can't argue with his response to her questions. All good publicity for our school and our state!

Go Cocks!
Nope. You need to listen to the question. She was trying to equate the NC bathroom law with a confederate flag that she claimed to see somewhere around the venue. He would have any of it.

Go Cocks!
Hmm... Congrats you just made a purse out of a sow's ear. I feel better, now. Didn't think of it that way.

Any of you recognize who that was directing the questions for Frank? If I'm not mistaken (because I recognized the voice), that was Tim Bourret, SID for Clemson.
That makes sense. The NCAA usually calls on local SIDs to serve as press conference moderators for such events. Or, at least, they did a quarter-century ago when I covered such events.

Coach K with some classy remarks.
Wow, he even finished by thanking the city of Greenville, the organizers and everyone involved.
Even if you hate Duke you have to admit he's a class act. Some people may not like him for what they see on the court during games, but when the clock isn't ticking he's the definition of a stand up guy.

As to Coach Martin's comments, what else is there to say? He's made us all proud not only by winning but winning with grace. His comments about our state were as moving as anyone I've ever heard. What a great man and coach. We are truly fortunate to have him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT