ADVERTISEMENT

Primetime vs Clemson

HI Cock

Oct 14, 2012
I'm starting to believe the disrespect thing. A clear attempt to make us look unbelievably stupid.

Another they hate us post lol. Could be the last opportunity to showcase the possible national champions by that particular channel.

Yeah, that sucks. Unfortunately, it's probably a product of Clemson's cupcake schedule. No matter how slim our chances at an upset, ESPN probably sees it as one of the best chances for an interesting game featuring the Tigers. Who knows, maybe Fabio will get a concussion in the first quarter.

Reactions: Carolina4
Yeah, that sucks. Unfortunately, it's probably a product of Clemson's cupcake schedule. No matter how slim our chances at an upset, ESPN probably sees it as one of the best chances for an interesting game featuring the Tigers. Who knows, maybe Fabio will get a concussion in the first quarter.

Then they will just run for 400 yards..... it will be a slow painful death instead of a quick and painless one

Reactions: DrMickey
This game is almost always at 7pm especially since both teams had gained interest nationally when Spurrier started winning big. Last time it wasn’t was when we won 3 games and lost to the citadel the week before. I could’ve told you this would be a 7pm kickoff in January. We’re still one of their best opponents. Not saying much though.

I’ve been to a lot of the games in the last 12 year and none were at night.

Then you missed 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016, and 2017. 2014 & 2015 our team was the reason the game was at noon. We were pitiful. 2010 was when Spurrier started winning as I mentioned in an earlier response. 6 of 8 (now 7 of 9) have been 7pm kickoffs.

Another they hate us post lol. Could be the last opportunity to showcase the possible national champions by that particular channel.
Thank you, fanboy.
cupaw.jpg

This millennium:

Night- 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017

Noon- 2001, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2015

Was 2000 a night or a 3:30? I know it ended when it was dark but may have kicked off at 3:30

This millennium:

Night- 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017

Noon- 2001, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2015

Was 2000 a night or a 3:30? I know it ended when it was dark but may have kicked off at 3:30
Not sure but one of the ended with “orange in the parking lot”

This game is almost always at 7pm especially since both teams had gained interest nationally when Spurrier started winning big. Last time it wasn’t was when we won 3 games and lost to the citadel the week before. I could’ve told you this would be a 7pm kickoff in January. We’re still one of their best opponents. Not saying much though.

Lol, we don’t even rank in the top half. Syracuse, tamu, nc state, BC and duke are all ranked higher than USC.

https://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/cbs-poll

Reactions: PizzaBuffet
I hate Clemson worse than Custer hated Arrow shirts. I predict that they will beat us by 60 plus points. That will be a mercy killing as Dabo actually wants Muschamp to stay because he knows that he is ineffective. If he beats us more than that, then he understands that we will opt for a new coach, but the good side of that (in his mind) involves yet another five year dig out plan, so now, the next time we can beat them is when I am dead. Just saying.

Lol, we don’t even rank in the top half. Syracuse, tamu, nc state, BC and duke are all ranked higher than USC.

https://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/cbs-poll

Technically that would put us in the top half at 6th. But I don’t care what the polls say. I didn’t say one of the highest ranked, I said better teams. I didn’t say we were their best, one of their best. We beat the other ACC teams besides Clemson when we’ve played in recent years. Heck our 3-9 team beat the Coastal Champion that season. Our D sucks for sure this year, but we’d be ranked if we played in the ACC.

And you forget the “not saying much though” comment. I’m not saying we are good, just those other teams suck. That conference is complete trash this season.

Last edited:
Technically that would put us in the top half at 6th. But I don’t care what the polls say. I didn’t say one of the highest ranked, I said better teams. I didn’t say we were their best, one of their best. We beat the other ACC teams besides Clemson when we’ve played in recent years. Heck our 3-9 team beat the Coastal Champion that season. Our D sucks for sure this year, but we’d be ranked if we played in the ACC.

And you forget the “not saying much though” comment. I’m not saying we are good, just those other teams suck. That conference is complete trash this season.

Technically it would be exactly in the middle, so in neither half.

Reactions: Triton20x
I'm starting to believe the disrespect thing. A clear attempt to make us look unbelievably stupid.
Come on man. ESPN is just using this game as a chance to show one of the teams in the top 4 for the CFP. Who the opponent is was a secondary consideration.
Same scenario played out this last Saturday by CBS. Prime SEC game Bama vs. Arky. Everyone knew this was not going to be a compelling game, but CBS used this broadcast to showcase the # 1 team.
Nothing More.
This whole ESPN hates us is absurd.

A few years ago looking ahead if you were told Bentley in his 3rd year would take on a true fresh QB against Clemson you'd like your chances. But I don't see a point going on the board unless its a kick/punt return or late in garbage time.....maybe a turnover giving a short field.

A few years ago looking ahead if you were told Bentley in his 3rd year would take on a true fresh QB against Clemson you'd like your chances. But I don't see a point going on the board unless its a kick/punt return or late in garbage time.....maybe a turnover giving a short field.

I understand the point but I can say I didn’t feel that way. One, because of who Clemson is recruiting. Bentley is a decent College QB that I think could be good if he limits his mistakes. But Clemson has recruited the position better than we have.

Also, Bentley can only do so much. If you put Bentley around the players surrounding Lawrence, Bentley would be a stud too. Their defense is stacked. They have a great RB. They have as good of WRs as we do. We can’t catch them with one great player, like Ryan Hilinski or any other QB. We need to upgrade at every single position, which will take time and be a challenge.

Reactions: cockgun
Come on man. ESPN is just using this game as a chance to show one of the teams in the top 4 for the CFP. Who the opponent is was a secondary consideration.
Same scenario played out this last Saturday by CBS. Prime SEC game Bama vs. Arky. Everyone knew this was not going to be a compelling game, but CBS used this broadcast to showcase the # 1 team.
Nothing More.
MSU. LSU was at Arkansas this past Saturday.

Nothing More.
I agree. They merely disrespect us profoundly.:D

Ok, this is getting depressing even for a Tater on a Gamecock site. I expect you guys to play us a great deal like BC did, but with a better QB. There will be absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain. I am hopeful, and will be happy with a 1-point win against you guys. I haven't seen this many of you folks this down on the program in a decade. I think that if Muschamp, survives his "Bentley Mistake". (It rarely works to hire a kids dad to get the player.)

Anyway, once he did it he has been in an odd position offensively. Maybe the majority of you think that Bentley should have been playing every snap that he has gotten, but I don't think he has given you the best chance to win and I can't help but think that there are kids on the team that feel the same way.

You guys need to get fired up an finish out the season.

I agree They merely disrespect us profoundly:D
There are some on here that are really going to believe this.
Can anyone really imagine the Monday morning Programming meeting at ESPN going along these lines.

OK, so who do we have for next weekend.
Well, the Clemson game slot is open for us
Tell you what since all of us here at Bristol, CT really follow USC, and we all agree that we either hate them, or best case disrespect them, let's slot the game on Prime Time Saturday.
This way viewers in the Mid West and West Coast can join in on the fun.
Great, I'll start making the arrangements.
Meeting Adjourned. ;)

Nothing More.
I was being a little sarcastic. It's sad that the game won't even be competitive and they are putting it in the marquis spot - instead of buried in the 12-3 time slot.

I see this as a 55 - 17 type game - Clemson.

I fully expect one of our defensive backs to say something like "We can shut down their receivers because we are in the SEC" a couple of days before the game will make the loss even worse than it would have been.

We can score on Clemson - but not when it matters. Mostly mop up duty.

Our defense simply doesn't have the talent or depth to match up with them at all. Clemson's quality depth is impressive.

This is one of those games where Muschamp can stand on the sideline and be comforted by the salary he receives.The game and beat-down won't be fun.

Reactions: Pole
You can't put lipstick on a pig and call it beautiful Esso.
Ok, this is getting depressing even for a Tater on a Gamecock site. I expect you guys to play us a great deal like BC did, but with a better QB. There will be absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain. I am hopeful, and will be happy with a 1-point win against you guys. I haven't seen this many of you folks this down on the program in a decade. I think that if Muschamp, survives his "Bentley Mistake". (It rarely works to hire a kids dad to get the player.)

Anyway, once he did it he has been in an odd position offensively. Maybe the majority of you think that Bentley should have been playing every snap that he has gotten, but I don't think he has given you the best chance to win and I can't help but think that there are kids on the team that feel the same way.

The difference you'll see between BC and us is BC can tackle, we can't. I watched them time after time make the tackle with the first guy and not give up cheap yards. You'll see our 3rd and 4th guy Miss on tackles and a 5 yard pass turns into a 30 yard gain.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I believe the 2000 game was at night because it was cold as he!!. That was the Rod Gardner push off game and we all got pepper sprayed on the hill. That was the last time I ever visited Clemson. I used to go regularly. I miss Derrick Watson in his prime.

I understand the point but I can say I didn’t feel that way. One, because of who Clemson is recruiting. Bentley is a decent College QB that I think could be good if he limits his mistakes. But Clemson has recruited the position better than we have.

Also, Bentley can only do so much. If you put Bentley around the players surrounding Lawrence, Bentley would be a stud too. Their defense is stacked. They have a great RB. They have as good of WRs as we do. We can’t catch them with one great player, like Ryan Hilinski or any other QB. We need to upgrade at every single position, which will take time and be a challenge.

Dude, have you been watching our games? The ones where our receivers drop passes that hit them in the hands?

Like previously said, we will score on them. Just not when it matters.

There are some on here that are really going to believe this.
Can anyone really imagine the Monday morning Programming meeting at ESPN going along these lines.

OK, so who do we have for next weekend.
Well, the Clemson game slot is open for us
Tell you what since all of us here at Bristol, CT really follow USC, and we all agree that we either hate them, or best case disrespect them, let's slot the game on Prime Time Saturday.
This way viewers in the Mid West and West Coast can join in on the fun.
Great, I'll start making the arrangements.
Meeting Adjourned. ;)
Well, when I say they disrespect us, I'm only thinking in terms of them being normal human beings, not necessarily the fact that they are ESPN. I might just as readily said "The New York Post" disrespects us, or "The Salvation Army" disrespects us. It's generalized disrespect, see what I mean?

Dude, have you been watching our games? The ones where our receivers drop passes that hit them in the hands?

Like previously said, we will score on them. Just not when it matters.

Dude, Did you read why I replied? Someone saying they thought we’d be beating Clemson with Bentley a Junior and then starting a Freshman?

I didn’t say sour WRs were better. I’d say Deebo is pretty good. I wouldn’t give anyone a tremendous edge over our WRs even with their drops.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. Given all the pre-season hype, our receivers have sucked. I can't even count how many times they've dropped well thrown balls. Look at the receivers on some of the top teams like Bama and Clemson. How many times have you seen their WR's drop balls like ours do?

I believe the 2000 game was at night because it was cold as he!!. That was the Rod Gardner push off game and we all got pepper sprayed on the hill. That was the last time I ever visited Clemson. I used to go regularly. I miss Derrick Watson in his prime.
2000 was a day game

Reactions: rickbryan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT