ADVERTISEMENT

Proof Saban is finally losing it

lawcalcock

Apr 8, 2016
Report circulating he is in talks to hire Butch Jones as an offensive analyst... 2 things Butch knows very little about are public relations and offensive football

can someone please educate me.1) What exactly does a "offensive analyst" do on a staff 2) does this individual status impact the number of coaches on a staff

Reactions: RichFin53
can someone please educate me.1) What exactly does a "offensive analyst" do on a staff 2) does this individual status impact the number of coaches on a staff
No... They sit in an office watching film and doing statistical analysis all day... They advise the coordinators

Report circulating he is in talks to hire Butch Jones as an offensive analyst... 2 things Butch knows very little about are public relations and offensive football
He’s been an offensive coordinator before and he has coached multiple positions on the offensive side of the ball. He will do a good job as an analyst for Alabama. That style of football fits him like a glove, another smart move by Saban.

Reactions: vacock#
Seems like Alabama hires off field coaches as more of a temporary position, until they join the on field coaches. Almost a training period for coaches.

Reactions: Brace1
Seems like Alabama hires off field coaches as more of a temporary position, until they join the on field coaches. Almost a training period for coaches.

Yes, if one of the assistants gets hired at another school, which happens often with Bama assistants, Saban can promote an analysts to full-time assistant without much disruption. Most (in)famously, he told Kiffin to move on and promoted Sarkisian before the championship game a couple of years ago.

Yes, if one of the assistants gets hired at another school, which happens often with Bama assistants, Saban can promote an analysts to full-time assistant without much disruption. Most (in)famously, he told Kiffin to move on and promoted Sarkisian before the championship game a couple of years ago.

If I recall, Kiffin was also hired as "analyst" before being promoted to OC.

yea, Saban's "losing it"...... lol, every AD in America will take a dose of that "losing it"

Reactions: Brace1
Ask Clemson for hiring the Northwestern high coach for a similar position.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT