ADVERTISEMENT

Pulling for school in upstate players in NFL

Art__Vandelay

Apr 24, 2017
Upper West Side
Team,

It has come to my attention that some of you think it is acceptable to pull for players from the school in the upstate once they get to the NFL. While I understand they are no longer our direct competitors, I want to urge everyone to consider the indirect results that their success could have. The more success the upstate players have in the NFL, the more street cred the school gets with recruits. A school being able to pitch themselves as a pipeline to NFL success is a massive recruiting tool. And friends, ANYTHING that benefits the school in the upstate is BAD for us.

Am I saying to pull against the the upstate NFL players with the same fervor with which you'd pull against the school? No. Am I saying to wish them ill? Of course not! But please, consider the negative impact that their success could (and will) have on our school before wishing them well.

Just wanted to get that out there. Hope everyone is on the same page. Feel free to post any questions.

Go Gamecocks and FCU,

Last edited:
Reactions: SliderUSC
they started pulling in NFL talent without NFL reps. Only way to stop their recruiting is going to a cashless society.

they started pulling in NFL talent without NFL reps. Only way to stop their recruiting is going to a cashless society.

Unfortunately it's going to get worse the more successful their NFL players are. It may not be a huge impact, but since the subject has come up...

Bag man sending them to IMG for free rides. Not going to change anytime soon. Dabo brought the Alabama bagman playbook to Pickens. Why else would a tight end coach get promoted to head coach when has no offense or defense coaching experience. It was a gamble that has paid off.

ADVERTISEMENT