ADVERTISEMENT

Put your AD hat on.

wood90

Sep 13, 2016
Other than Marshall, who do you go get since CFM is gone after this year's NIT appearance?

Gone as he is leaving? I do think we would be dumb to fire him. If he left on his own go get Marshall. Pay him what he wants

Reactions: rogue cock
Gone as he is leaving? I do think we would be dumb to fire him. If he left on his own go get Marshall. Pay him what he wants
I say fire him and go get Marshall.

He's the only man on the planet that can turn this program around. And it would take him 7-10 years but he would get it done.
And he's a Carolina fan.

Reactions: Jordan328
Other than Marshall, who do you go get since CFM is gone after this year's NIT appearance?
South Carolina is going to the ncaa tourney. The bubble is so weak joe lounardi gives us a 99.6 pct with one more win in the regular season or SEC tourney.

History lesson for some of you nuts calling for FM to be fired:

Before Martin took over at SC, the program had won 20 or more games 9 times in last 38 years...Let that sink in

Before spurrier we had never won 11 don't mean we can't do it again

I keep him. With that said, we sit down at the end of the year to see if we can figure the late season drop off (talent, in-game coaching, practice schedule, fatigue, or something else). If it can be figured out and addressed, then that is all you can ask for. Like it or not the program has improved under FM, so I don't belive you have credible grounds to move on from FM. You certainly hope this isn't the ceiling for his teams though.

Last edited:
Reactions: atl-cock
Firing FM would be a huge mistake. We have to admit where we were as a BB program. We are just now registering a blip on national landscape.
BB is not like FB. We face even more competition for top talent. We are not a BB hotbed state. It will take time.

Firing FM would be a huge mistake. We have to admit where we were as a BB program. We are just now registering a blip on national landscape.
BB is not like FB. We face even more competition for top talent. We are not a BB hotbed state. It will take time.

Not a hotbed but if we would have got Mack or 7th Woods this team would look a lot better

Frank has done a pretty good job for what he inherited. Horn basically left us with PC talent. However, if Martins leaves or doesn't elevate the program in the next 2-3 years.

Then go get GM and pay whatever it takes. I'm tired of being irrelevant in college basketball.

Not a hotbed but if we would have got Mack or 7th Woods this team would look a lot better
Take off garnet glasses and ask
If you could go anywhere for BB would you rather be the star of a middle of the road struggling team; or # 6-8 off bench for Duke UNC UK etc.? BB is not like FB. In FB you may not play if not a starter. In BB you will likely play.
Also we have to fight schools like Butler Xavier Monmouth Villanova Marquette Penn that are not players in FB; but represent a great opportunity and maybe the chance to stay close to home.

You know that Tevin Mack has been suspended since November right? I'm willing to bet Smart at Texas is probably more lenient than Frank Martin is too. I don't know what's wrong with Dozier but he obviously needs to make better decisions with the basketball as do all of our guards besides Thornwell. I'm not too confident in believing 7th would make that big of a difference if we were to trade him straight up for Dozier. Some of our turnovers last night were what you would see in youth league.

You know that Tevin Mack has been suspended since November right? I'm willing to bet Smart at Texas is probably more lenient than Frank Martin is too. I don't know what's wrong with Dozier but he obviously needs to make better decisions with the basketball as do all of our guards besides Thornwell. I'm not too confident in believing 7th would make that big of a difference if we were to trade him straight up for Dozier. Some of our turnovers last night were what you would see in youth league.

Yes I know he suspended but If he was here maybe that wouldn't have happened who knows. My point is the best kids in state go elsewhere and we are not loaded with talent. But, if we could get the best of of this state some of the time we would be a different program.

I say fire him and go get Marshall.

He's the only man on the planet that can turn this program around. And it would take him 7-10 years but he would get it done.
And he's a Carolina fan.

You say give Marshall 7-10 years. This is Martin's 5th season. Granted, we are slumping at the wrong time of year, but we back-to-back 20 win seasons. At least give him the 7-10 you want to give Marshall. Nothing against Gregg Marshall, I like him. I loved the job he did/does at Winthrop/Wichita and I really wished he was hired instead of Darin Horn....nonetheless, Martin has turned this program around.

Reactions: IrmoRed
If I have the AD hat on, that means I have a fat salary, and a large staff, a pushover for a boss, I hate talking to the media and fans, so I'm kind of lazy, so I wait and see how this season ends, and support FM to win some games and get us to the NCAA tourney, so hopefully i can keep earning my money for nothing.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: wood90 and NooNoo
I'll go with one of my longtime favorites...Chris Mack. Xavier has had a few down years, but I like what he does and the identity of his teams. He's a Sean Miller guy, who is another great coach. Plus, he is having a great recruiting cycle (top 10-15 this year.) I don't think he would leave Xavier, as he has deep ties there, but I would make him tell me.

Frank isn't going anywhere. Our next coach has to have national recognition and is a great recruiter. The powers at be have no motivation. Make the tourney and it is an accomplishment. This school settles for small victories. Tarkanian gave talent second chances and we don't need to be perfect.

You mean the Tevin Mack that was indefinitely suspended for the 2nd time from Texas??? Yeah, he would really be helping now...

bet there were auburn fans that said the same thing about cam newton before he arrived

Red-a$$ed as I am, I have to acknowledge that I anticipated (prophesied?) that the 2nd half of this conference sked would be much tougher than the first. And I also acknowledge that I congratulated CFM2 for "learning" when that wasn't established as fact. Our guys may be gassed, but it may be because their coach hasn't showed them vids of 1-4 whipping the ball around the perimeter until one of our guys can't run as fast as a passed ball. Every team we've played for the last three weeks has used our players' defensive pride against them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT