ADVERTISEMENT

QB Sneak on the 40 yd line with 10 secs left in 1st Half and No Timeouts

ipull4usc

Mar 17, 2003
I was up in Charlotte last night and I'm happy with the win. The game was basically a tossup, so a win in any form or fashion is appreciated.

However, since I was at the game I wasn't able to hear any of Spurrier's halftime/post-game interviews. Was any explanation offered for why we ran a QB sneak on 3rd & 1 at the 40 yard line with 10 seconds left in the 1st half and no timeouts? I cannot for the life of me understand the rationale behind that call. At best the play gets you 1 yard and you turn a 57 yard FG into a 56 yard FG. At worst, you don't get the yard and you run out of time in the half. Why would we not try and get a quick 5-10 yards on a pass to the sideline to set up a more manageable FG?

19 - 7 Carolina over Missouri 8 min.left and we kick an extra point and lose 21-20 ! Sure makes you wonder if he could use a little help with his strategic decisions ? Maybe we can hire the 10 year old who asked his dad why aren't we going for two ?

Get the first down and then spiking the ball would give you enough time for one quick sideline throw to gain a few more, which we tried but were not successful. It was a 57 yard FG attempt that went about 52.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT